Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2014

Selby one frame away from victory.

Doherty or McManus in the next round. One foot in the semi maybe?

It's written in the stars.

Through 13-9. Got the best possible draw in the quarters. Probable semi against Robertson

One of Selby's best wins in a while that, Carter has been a very tough opponent for him in the past, and with it being at the Crucible, with Carter having great success there in the past, that win will feel sweet.

Hard to see past a Selby v Robertson Semi Final now, if that don't happen I'll be massively shocked. 

One of Selby's best wins in a while that, Carter has been a very tough opponent for him in the past, and with it being at the Crucible, with Carter having great success there in the past, that win will feel sweet.

Hard to see past a Selby v Robertson Semi Final now, if that don't happen I'll be massively shocked.

I would hardly call 2 final appearances a great success.

Selby proving what a fantastic match player he is over the 3 sessions.

I would hardly call 2 final appearances a great success.

Selby proving what a fantastic match player he is over the 3 sessions.

Why not Bert?

I think it is great success, there are better players than Ali Carter who have only reached the final once, or haven't even reached it at all.

Ding Junhui is probably the biggest talent on tour at the moment, the season he has speaks volumes; however he failed at the Crucible again. Robertson despite winning it has only reached the final once, Selby has only been in the final once, being a runner up. 

As for Selby proving himself tonight, I agree on that 100%, one of his best performances over that format in well about 3 years. Very well played over the past couple of days, and like I said I expect him to be in the Semis against Robertson, what a match that will be.

Why not Bert?

I think it is great success, there are better players than Ali Carter who have only reached the final once, or haven't even reached it at all.

Ding Junhui is probably the biggest talent on tour at the moment, the season he has speaks volumes; however he failed at the Crucible again. Robertson despite winning it has only reached the final once, Selby has only been in the final once, being a runner up.

As for Selby proving himself tonight, I agree on that 100%, one of his best performances over that format in well about 3 years. Very well played over the past couple of days, and like I said I expect him to be in the Semis against Robertson, what a match that will be.

I see great success as winning the tournament. Not by any means belittling Carter, he's obviously had to play fantastic snooker to reach both finals, I just wouldn't call it "great success". I'd even go as far as saying Carter himself wouldn't say it was a great success because he didn't win it either time.

Selby won't be taking either of his opponents lightly whoever it is, but he should be able to get the job done after arguably having the two toughest first round matches out of the top players.

Would love to see a Selby v Ronnie final.

Crazy absolutely crazy, that miss could have cost him the world championship. Twice when within one frame to level he has let it slip, Perry is playing beautuful snooker and you can't keep doing that.

No other player in the world could have worked that like Ronnie did, would have been one if the great clearances but lost focus when it became simple. I'm still sure Ronnie will win though

This match is bloody dramatic, how did he miss that red though, you set them up in practice like that.

The way this match has gone, and the context of it, it just feels like Perry will win.

Meaning that one of Perry, Fu, Murphy, Hawkins, Walden, Dale or Wasley will make the final.

I see great success as winning the tournament. Not by any means belittling Carter, he's obviously had to play fantastic snooker to reach both finals, I just wouldn't call it "great success". I'd even go as far as saying Carter himself wouldn't say it was a great success because he didn't win it either time.

Selby won't be taking either of his opponents lightly whoever it is, but he should be able to get the job done after arguably having the two toughest first round matches out of the top players.

Would love to see a Selby v Ronnie final.

Fair enough Bert.

It's impressive getting to one final, but two I class it as great success. On Carter's hand though, he has run into O'Sullivan both times, if he didn't have O'Sullivan in the final, then he would of faced Stephen Hendry & Matthew Stevens, and to be honest, he would of probably won the latter. 

Selby's draw has opened up for him now, a place in the Semis is highly likely; however Robertson if he gets that far himself is the major test, he has been absolutely brilliant this season, three centuries away from making 100 centuries in a season, that is incredible.

I would love Selby to make the final again, but if Ronnie loses today, I can only see one winner of this tournament, and that's the Thunder From Down Under.

This match is bloody dramatic, how did he miss that red though, you set them up in practice like that.

The way this match has gone, and the context of it, it just feels like Perry will win.

Meaning that one of Perry, Fu, Murphy, Hawkins, Walden, Dale or Wasley will make the final.

Fair enough Bert.

It's impressive getting to one final, but two I class it as great success. On Carter's hand though, he has run into O'Sullivan both times, if he didn't have O'Sullivan in the final, then he would of faced Stephen Hendry & Matthew Stevens, and to be honest, he would of probably won the latter.

Selby's draw has opened up for him now, a place in the Semis is highly likely; however Robertson if he gets that far himself is the major test, he has been absolutely brilliant this season, three centuries away from making 100 centuries in a season, that is incredible.

I would love Selby to make the final again, but if Ronnie loses today, I can only see one winner of this tournament, and that's the Thunder From Down Under.

I hate Robertson, but he is playing on another level to everyone else at the moment. I hope Ronnie comes through this, perry is playing a blinder, not missing much.

First real miss from Perry in a long time, feeling the pressure I think

Those last three frames were World Class, no other words for it.

His positional play, when I went to see him face Trump last year, took my breath away, I was left shaking my head in amazement endless times. 

And in those last three frames, the flow, the control of the cueball was magnificent. 

World Class  :appl:

Archived