Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Kevin Phillips - "I'm Retiring"

He's done his bit here and played his part in this brilliant season, done what was asked and scored some important goals for us. Hope he gets a good run out on Saturday and scores for one last time.

Great stuff about him becoming part of the coaching staff here.

A legend of the game :appl:

I'm really proud that he is retiring as a City player, with yet another promotion under his belt. On the other hand, it would have been lovely for him to come on as a sub at the start of next season to give him a hat-trick of City records: oldest debutant and oldest goalscorer he already has; oldest player (Joe Calvert) was 40 years, 313 days, which Kev reaches in June.

Top man, top professional, great that he is staying on a the club. Wish he had joined us five years ago - we'd be in Europe now!

I disagree. A record shouldn't be given to someone just for the sake of it :whistle:

I remember being really jealous of my Sunderland supporting mate when Super Kev was at the Makems. It'll be an honour to have him hang up his boots here.

Proper chuffed he'll be coaching next season! I'm sure he'll apply himself to coaching with the same verve and professionalism as he has his playing career and could prove to be the first part of a strong foundation for next season.

My only misgiving is he seems to want to pursue a media career as well as coaching. Would be better if he was just dedicated to the coaching. Unless he's actually going to be Pearson's media coach.

Pearson evidently doesn't need a media coach...

He's got the whole system wrapped around his little finger.

As for KP, I wouldn't start him against Doncaster. I hate to sound harsh but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feature at all.

I'm really proud that he is retiring as a City player, with yet another promotion under his belt. On the other hand, it would have been lovely for him to come on as a sub at the start of next season to give him a hat-trick of City records: oldest debutant and oldest goalscorer he already has; oldest player (Joe Calvert) was 40 years, 313 days, which Kev reaches in June.

Top man, top professional, great that he is staying on a the club. Wish he had joined us five years ago - we'd be in Europe now!

Do preseason friendlies count towards these records? If so, I can see him getting a run out in one of those. Can't see him ever playing competitively for us again however.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Surprised no one has mentioned the possibility of a benefit match in order for fans to show their appreciation of a great player.

Could be good if the club arranged something for pre season.

Maybe play one of his old clubs?

Surprised no one has mentioned the possibility of a benefit match in order for fans to show their appreciation of a great player.

Could be good if the club arranged something for pre season.

Maybe play one of his old clubs?

If you started a debate about City ' Greats' I doubt that he'd be in the top 50!!!!

Archived