Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Kevin Phillips - "I'm Retiring"

Glad we got to see him in a Leicester shirt after all then! Must be about 10 years since people were saying 'we should sign him'. Even though it was only a season, it was good to see him score a couple of goals, too. The zimmer-frame celebration at Bournemouth will be a comical memory for years to come.

Equally glad he'll still at Leicester on the coaching staff. For the amount he's played in the Premier League and the wealth of experience he has built up, our strikers should and would learn a lot next season.

What a career he has had. One of the best natural finishers of all time and I'm glad he's staying with us as a coach next season. He'll help our strikers to score goals at the top level, just like he did himself.

Think he'll start on Saturday, how we could do with 1 more penalty please footballing Gods!

Model pro, great finisher and absolutely chuffed he'll be involved in a coaching capacity. Great bloke to have around. 

Its a pity that he didn't play for one of the big teams, but he's had a very good career. I can see him starting on Saturday, but I can't see him up front on his own, so back to a 442 for (part of) this game?

Model pro and a fantastic player. Great signing - even if I wasn't sure at the time - and he'll have brought a lot to our promotion charge this season. Hopefully he stays on as a coach with us. Happy retirement KP and hope to see him in his swan song on Saturday.

Fantastic example to the younger generation! A hard worker through out his career. I'm sure he'll become a great football manager!

28 minute against Doncaster lets all chant "There's only one Kevin Phillips"

Just a thought but does anybody think he fancies the Blackpool job?

An honour for him to retire here.

If carlsberg did retirements... theyd do exactly what super kev is doing.

If we get a pen in the 90th min, nuge & kev on the pitch, who takes if nuge hasnt reached 20 yet?

I'm really proud that he is retiring as a City player, with yet another promotion under his belt. On the other hand, it would have been lovely for him to come on as a sub at the start of next season to give him a hat-trick of City records: oldest debutant and oldest goalscorer he already has; oldest player (Joe Calvert) was 40 years, 313 days, which Kev reaches in June.

Top man, top professional, great that he is staying on a the club. Wish he had joined us five years ago - we'd be in Europe now!

I think he'll probably start which you can't argue with seeing as there's nothing to play for and it will probably mean more to him than the rest of the squad to play in the match.

Right decision to retire however, probably a season too late and it showed when he started recently. Fantastic career however and just a shame that we didn't get to see him in a Leicester shirt sooner!

Really I think one or two clubs may beg to differ.

We need to put on a display like it is a must win game for us.

We would want a club to do that if we was in the mix for relegation.

We may be up and safe but we still need to show respect to all other clubs.

Who knows when we will be back down or need that respect to stay in the prem.

14.00 on saturday the seasons over till then we should play the game like we need to win.

Our carnival and don't care attitude could be ten years of despair for someone else.

Archived