Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Sky games this Saturday

lol So because I watch Leicester on Sky I can't criticise it?

I didnt aim this at you but you felt the need to reply, interesting.

Point being people are very critical about sky yet expect us to use the money they give us on spending on players and wages next season etc etc.

This topic has been done to death, but lets face it they are here to say and you have to accept it.

Next

Lets face it, if its last game of the season and we are fighting to get into the Play Offs like last season they are not going to show us thats not interesting enough.

If we are being crowned as Champions and playing a team fighting for survival they are not going to show us thats not interesting enough.

If we are going to be relegated like we were when we were away to Stoke last game of the season they'll show us thats worth watching.

i like that on here we spend the whole season abusing sky for choosing our games because we don't want to be on sky and then the one time they look elsewhere we have a cry because we really want to be on sky now. seems odd. 

Well that's partly because the match is sold out and people who aren't going want to watch it; but that's beside the point, I'd rather watch Doncaster & Burnley scrap it out whoever they were playing.

i like that on here we spend the whole season abusing sky for choosing our games because we don't want to be on sky and then the one time they look elsewhere we have a cry because we really want to be on sky now. seems odd. 

Us being on $ky this weekend wouldn't have done any harm to us in the slightest. There was a genuine reason for us to be on this weekend though it's more Doncaster than us. It's irony more than anything.

Us being on $ky this weekend wouldn't have done any harm to us in the slightest. There was a genuine reason for us to be on this weekend though it's more Doncaster than us. It's irony more than anything.

Is there a reason you put $ky instead of Sky? Just wondering what the USD has to do with it

I'm not bothered about our game... I'll be there. I just find it odd that they choose games that don't really decide a great deal, what's more interesting? Teams getting relegated or someone finishing 6th?

Whoever gets that last play off place will still have to play another three televised games to get promotion. For relegation it's this Saturday and that's it.

It is a strange choice as playoff positions would rank thirdly for me like someone else has already pointed out

But anyway It doesn't matter what games are on for me really won't be able to watch either of them

Only reason I Would have liked our game to be on would be to get the rebate

I didnt aim this at you but you felt the need to reply, interesting.

Point being people are very critical about sky yet expect us to use the money they give us on spending on players and wages next season etc etc.

This topic has been done to death, but lets face it they are here to say and you have to accept it.

Next

You aimed it at people who criticise Sky in general, so, most people.

I have been critical of City in the past but does that mean I shouldn't watch their matches?

You're making no sense, people watch live football because they like live football, not sky, and even if they did like sky, they're still entitled to criticise something about it if they think it's crap.

I'm not bothered about our game... I'll be there. I just find it odd that they choose games that don't really decide a great deal, what's more interesting? Teams getting relegated or someone finishing 6th?

Whoever gets that last play off place will still have to play another three televised games to get promotion. For relegation it's this Saturday and that's it.

I expect teams battling to finish 4th in the PL to take priority over relegation deciders sooner or later, if they've not already.

Sky, as per, have royally fvcked this up. Literally not one sh1t will be given across the land about whether Reading manage to clinch a play-off spot. They fvcked up last year when it was actually exciting (i.e. 2 teams were playing against each other for the play-offs with other teams were involved too) and they've done it again now.

In general, relegation battles are far more exciting.

Not bothered whether City are on TV or not but clearly Birmingham and Doncaster are the two in most danger and should've been shown. (You have to expect that Millwall and Blackpool will beat teams with nothing to play for). Plus they would've had the added benefit of us lifting the 'SkyBet' trophy live.

Not the first time they've fvcked it this season. Putting us on the Friday night vs Wednesday rather than 5.15 on Saturday was stupid. Putting Burnley on before Derby when they could've clinched was even more silly.

Whoever picks their games needs sacking.

Absolutely spot on. 

Leicester v Doncaster should have been on TV, as Leicester deserve to be lifting the trophy on TV and Doncaster in a relegation battle should be on. A relegation battle to me is more entertaining than teams trying to get into the play offs, especially as the teams who do reach the play offs will be on TV for them games. 

Shocking from Sky. 

Well that's partly because the match is sold out and people who aren't going want to watch it; but that's beside the point, I'd rather watch Doncaster & Burnley scrap it out whoever they were playing.

yeah i get that and if i was choosing sky's games i'd probably have gone with ours and birmingham's too. my point was if you went back through every thread that's announcing a game of ours being on sky you would have probably 2-3 pages with 95% saying "F UCK SKY RUINING THE GAME C UNTS I HATE SKY I HOPE THEY ALL DIE AND NEVER SHOW US AGAIN THEY ARE RUINING MY LIFE". yet now we all want to be on sky? you can't have it both ways...

I expect teams battling to finish 4th in the PL to take priority over relegation deciders sooner or later, if they've not already.

At least that comes down to one game and you know the answer at the end of it.

With these games whatever teams finishes 6th will probably get thrashed by Derby in the semi and that's the end of it

Is it true it will be available under the red button?

Really hope they do this again for those who can't get to the Doncaster game. It was great watching Knockaert's goal go in last year.

Maybe S£y is better?

Z$ky... for Sky Africa.

Really hope they do this again for those who can't get to the Doncaster game. It was great watching Knockaert's goal go in last year.

WHAT!!!!!!!! The Forest game was on the red button? Please tell me this isn't true and I wasn't sat huddled around the radio for nothing.

yeah i get that and if i was choosing sky's games i'd probably have gone with ours and birmingham's too. my point was if you went back through every thread that's announcing a game of ours being on sky you would have probably 2-3 pages with 95% saying "F UCK SKY RUINING THE GAME C UNTS I HATE SKY I HOPE THEY ALL DIE AND NEVER SHOW US AGAIN THEY ARE RUINING MY LIFE". yet now we all want to be on sky? you can't have it both ways...

Yeh but you're assuming those are the same people. I can't remember ever losing my rag about games being on Sky, but I do accept it creates problems for some people, and it has done excessively so in recent seasons.

I'm not sure it's 'both ways' to say it's annoying that they move our games so much, but also think they should show a relegation decider that happens to be against us, and when it would make no difference to kick off time if they did.

I do think it's a great shame they didn't move our Sheff Wed game til after the Saturday 3PMs, but this is a separate issue.

I don't want to be on Sky... I don't care, I'm going to be there.

Too easy.

You willy puller :D

Z$ky... for Sky Africa.

WHAT!!!!!!!! The Forest game was on the red button? Please tell me this isn't true and I wasn't sat huddled around the radio for nothing.

I don't think it was. They just showed the goals as they went in

Archived