Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevie lynex on the wing

palace fans v liverpool

Palace fans are by and large upper middle class cheese balls from Surrey.

Famous for taking carrier bags to games and noting down on a piece of paper the exact time the referee pull his pants out of his arse crack amongst other pointless things.

Someone pass the zit cream!

Cheese rolls!

As someone who lives in south London this is so true. That's the reason the Palace ultras are so embarrassing. It's like the Tigers creating an ultras section down at Welford Road.

Horrible ground. I went there in the early 90s with a mate who reckoned he knew south London. We parked the car and then walked for miles and miles before we reached the ground.

I felt like David Cannadine in ''Kung Fu''.

There was no time for a pre-match pint and to make matters worse, they scored the winner in injury time. Then we had the walk back to the car. And by the time we got back to Leicester, the pubs had closed. I hope I never, ever have to go back there.

They are good but sometimes I get the impression that's manufactured

Yes, but we're hardly ones to talk. I mean surely we've taken it now as a rite of passage to celebrate every single goal in the same way.

1. Goal. Cheer whilst the PA system plays some stupid goal horn / pop song from years ago to make sure the sound of the crowd is drowned out

2. Stand there for a little bit

3. Wait for a fat man to start playing a drum. When this happens, about 700 people will turn their back on the game and bounce up and down, everyone else will just stand there. Sing the tune of 'Carnival de Paris' for about 10 seconds then shout 'Leicester' once.

4. Sit back down again.

Horrible ground. I went there in the early 90s with a mate who reckoned he knew south London. We parked the car and then walked for miles and miles before we reached the ground.

I felt like David Cannadine in ''Kung Fu''.

There was no time for a pre-match pint and to make matters worse, they scored the winner in injury time. Then we had the walk back to the car. And by the time we got back to Leicester, the pubs had closed. I hope I never, ever have to go back there.

yeah it's a proper shite walk from the station

Don't agree we only sing with a drum, away games we mostly create a great atmosphere, every part of the ground can create what they want, if you don't like the celebration in l1 that's fine but if that's what they want to do why slag them off.

Yes, but we're hardly ones to talk. I mean surely we've taken it now as a rite of passage to celebrate every single goal in the same way.

1. Goal. Cheer whilst the PA system plays some stupid goal horn / pop song from years ago to make sure the sound of the crowd is drowned out

2. Stand there for a little bit

3. Wait for a fat man to start playing a drum. When this happens, about 700 people will turn their back on the game and bounce up and down, everyone else will just stand there. Sing the tune of 'Carnival de Paris' for about 10 seconds then shout 'Leicester' once.

4. Sit back down again.

The poznan is possibly the most cringy thing in football.

I agree. 

I was thinking about this last night, even though from the start of the second half up until they scored their first goal they were really quiet. 

If you are that loud at every home game, which is all well and good I suppose, surely the players just become accustomed to it and you lose the motivation factor that it can bring, don't get me wrong when Palace got their first and the fans started again it seemed to raise the players game, did it first half though? Palace were average. 

Will Leicester players raise their games to chanting if it is constant to that level? I doubt it. 

Not at all it is always different and they should not be listening that much.

But if 10 12 15k fans chanting don't lift you should you be there.

500 chanting my name would do it for me after the stunned shock I'd play like I was on speed.

The whole kop would fvck my head for a minute.

If any player said he got no buzz from the fans I'd say fvck him off.

Not at all it is always different and they should not be listening that much.

But if 10 12 15k fans chanting don't lift you should you be there.

500 chanting my name would do it for me after the stunned shock I'd play like I was on speed.

The whole kop would fvck my head for a minute.

If any player said he got no buzz from the fans I'd say fvck him off.

Would you remain getting 'that buzz' if it was constant every home game for 90 minutes? I doubt it. 

As someone who lives in south London this is so true. That's the reason the Palace ultras are so embarrassing. It's like the Tigers creating an ultras section down at Welford Road.

Well I doubt the lads involved with it fit that stereotype and they seem to be doing a pretty good job at changing the perception of what Palace's support is about.

Would you remain getting 'that buzz' if it was constant every home game for 90 minutes? I doubt it. 

I'm pretty sure there's no player in the world who'd rather play in a consistently shit atmosphere than a consistently good one. Having a constant reminder of the passionate fans you're playing for would definitely spur you on.

I'm pretty sure there's no player in the world who'd rather play in a consistently shit atmosphere than a consistently good one. Having a constant reminder of the passionate fans you're playing for would definitely spur you on.

I think you're missing my point.

All I'm saying is, the way Palace fans constantly sing the the players will just think it is the norm, you lose that rallying call that other clubs do when they're chasing a game or they're having a spell of dominance in the game. 

Don't get me wrong, I think the Palace are fantastic (slightly annoying at times) but I don't believe it's having a constant effect on the players, certainly didn't for the majority of the game on Monday night. Sky repeatedly told us how good they were, yeah they were really loud but for 70 minutes Palace weren't in the game, couldn't really get a kick. When you comeback from 3-0 down to draw the game, the fans sound even louder and when you have Sky covering a game, obviously Palace coming back was all down to the fans!

I think you're missing my point.

All I'm saying is, the way Palace fans constantly sing the the players will just think it is the norm, you lose that rallying call that other clubs do when they're chasing a game or they're having a spell of dominance in the game. 

Don't get me wrong, I think the Palace are fantastic (slightly annoying at times) but I don't believe it's having a constant effect on the players, certainly didn't for the majority of the game on Monday night. Sky repeatedly told us how good they were, yeah they were really loud but for 70 minutes Palace weren't in the game, couldn't really get a kick. When you comeback from 3-0 down to draw the game, the fans sound even louder and when you have Sky covering a game, obviously Palace coming back was all down to the fans!

The players will still get that feeling of fans spurring them on though. During the shit periods you just have the 200-300 in the HF block singing, then when the team gives the fans something to sing about you get the other 4000 in the Holmesdale singing. The way it is with most grounds in Europe. 

If block 122 (I think that's the right block) of the Kop at Anfield all moved to the front behind the goal they would look exactly the same as HF and would get the same consistent chanting going, with the rest of the Kop only joining in for the bigger chants like they do now. 

Archived