Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

England Cricket 2014.

This bowling is absolutely garbage.

Jordan and Gurney are miles out of it at this level.

Woakes also shocking today but he's not had a bad series.

India is the next one I want to do, it sounds absolutely fantastic and no one who has been says a bad word about the place.

No we're not chasing this down although we're having some outrageous luck so far, two close overturned outs on Cook and Moeen just got bowled out but for some reason the bails didn't fall off.

On a slightly related note have you ever read Fibber In The Heat by Miles Jupp? Well worth sticking on your Christmas list if not.

On a slightly related note have you ever read Fibber In The Heat by Miles Jupp? Well worth sticking on your Christmas list if not.

That looks a decent read, will certainly order it. Cheers.

Hard where to start with what is wrong with this, an apt end to the tour.

Taylor finally looks like he has made the grade and is looking the part at 3 so we dump him down to number 5 again. Moeen seems to have decided he doesn't want to play a defensive shot anymore, Cook makes 30 and gets out about 4 times in his way to it, Finn looked finally getting into some rhythm so we bring back Gurney for him.

Good job they didn't have Malinga.

Hard where to start with what is wrong with this, an apt end to the tour.

Taylor finally looks like he has made the grade and is looking the part at 3 so we dump him down to number 5 again. Moeen seems to have decided he doesn't want to play a defensive shot anymore, Cook makes 30 and gets out about 4 times in his way to it, Finn looked finally getting into some rhythm so we bring back Gurney for him.

Good job they didn't have Malinga.

Bopara is probably our most accomplished finisher in the short game  - let's can him and persist with Morgan who is woefully short of form and confidence by the look of it. The best you can say is that the selectors wanted a further look at a couple of players in a dead rubber match and that explained and justified the selection policy for this match. What is less easily explained is why they prepared for a World Cup campaign with this tour  in conditions so diametrically opposed to what they will encounter when that tournament gets under way

It's strange, it's almost like we had nowhere to go.

We've got four matches now until the World cup starts. They really shouldn't be tinkering with an XI, it's ridiculous we don't know our starting line up.

My World Cup Squad.

Cook (Too late to change captain now and should fair better in Australia)

Hales

Ali

Root

Morgan

Bell

Taylor

Bopara

Buttler

Broad

Jordan

Woakes

Tredwell

Anderson

Finn

Picking a starting XI very hard.

Seems like Cook has been sacked as ODI captain, Morgan to take over.

I think it's the right decision, results haven't been good and also the bile thrown his way has been unseemly and quite nasty at times.

Hopefully the new era can improve fortunes.

Cooked goosed.

I have been behind him through 2014, but his ODIs have been abysmal.Even his fielding placements for ODIs games has been

incredibly poor.He had to step down, shame he was pushed, and didnt go voluntary.

Should stay for Test arena, unless his poor form carries through 2015.

Blimey the selectors doing their job properly for once- definitely the right decision although couching it behind his lack of runs is a bit weaselly- Morgan has done nothing much and neither has Bell. Clearly Cook is no one day captain - the results show that and he has not shown sufficient technique as a one day opener either to get in on his batting. I hope we acquit ourselves well in the tournament but suspect we won't.

I just don't know whats happened to Cooks batting and  I hope he can work out his technique before the Ashes. He was excellent a couple of years back and seemed to have worked out his problems which stemmed from poor foot movement which made him a walking LBW - he has to get that right - he can still be a formidable player and his test record is fantastic given how young he started his international career

Archived