Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

England Cricket 2014.

Like people have said, everything KP has said would have a hell of a lot more credibility if Piers Morgan wasn't his mouthpiece since his dismissal and the release of the book. 

I love KP and I do think he has been treated very badly by the ECB and certain individuals in the England side but this has gone too far now, embarrassing the English Cricket now. 

Like people have said, everything KP has said would have a hell of a lot more credibility if Piers Morgan wasn't his mouthpiece since his dismissal and the release of the book. 

I love KP and I do think he has been treated very badly by the ECB and certain individuals in the England side but this has gone too far now, embarrassing the English Cricket now. 

I thought this write-up by Andy Bull summed things up well. Within his book there are some interesting and astute things about what went wrong with the England team as a whole (not just Pietersen's role in it) but it gets lost amongst what basically amounts to "one long screed against the people Pietersen feels have wronged him".

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/oct/07/the-spin-kevin-pietersen-book

Ultimately, no one comes out of this well.

Guest MattP

Good read that.

Michael Atherton has again stole the show though this week for coverage of the KP situation, best cricket writer I've ever read and I include Gideon Haigh in that, a superb walk through of it event in Manchester on Wednesday and a fantastic destruction of both sides in today's issue.

English cricket has never been at a more rancourous point and all sides need to stop.

Good read that.

Michael Atherton has again stole the show though this week for coverage of the KP situation, best cricket writer I've ever read and I include Gideon Haigh in that, a superb walk through of it event in Manchester on Wednesday and a fantastic destruction of both sides in today's issue.

English cricket has never been at a more rancourous point and all sides need to stop.

Neville Cardus? Though a bit before either of our times.  :thumbup:

But, in all seriousness, yeah the environment has gone from competitive and pushing each other to totally poisonous and something needs to be done.

http://www1.skysports.com/cricket/news/12040/9508467/michael-atherton-critical-of-kevin-pietersens-bitter-autobiography

Pietersen's swipe at Flower not being a great coach is ridiculous, he took over when we were being skittled for 51 in the West Indies. He demolished Australia in Australia, won in India, won three Ashes series, whitewashed India at home and gave England their first world trophy. All from a base that was not strong at all.

http://www1.skysports.com/cricket/news/12040/9508467/michael-atherton-critical-of-kevin-pietersens-bitter-autobiography

Pietersen's swipe at Flower not being a great coach is ridiculous, he took over when we were being skittled for 51 in the West Indies. He demolished Australia in Australia, won in India, won three Ashes series, whitewashed India at home and gave England their first world trophy. All from a base that was not strong at all.

Well I'm pretty sure he would have a better idea of whether he's a good coach or not than yourself.

I've just finished reading the book. Nowhere near as explosive as I thought it would be and doesn't really go into great detail over the things we all really wanted to hear about.

• 1 month later...

Not English but cricket nonetheless. rohit sharma has just hit 264 in an ODI against Sri Lanka.

What sort of pitches are they playing on in India these days?

No doubt extremely flat, also Sri Lanka have been thrown in at short notice as replacements for the West Indies so I'm not sure how match fit or prepared they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of wickets back, 300 looks par score on here, as usual though we'd probably look daft against spin.

Still can't work out why we are preparing for a World Cup in Australia with a tour of Asia during the monsoon season.

That said, I'm jealous of the fans out there, an amazing tour Sri Lanka. Cricket all day for about £4, then 4-5 pints and a steak for about £9, then a night downing about 5 double vodkas for a little less than a £10. Good times.

That said, I'm jealous of the fans out there, an amazing tour Sri Lanka. Cricket all day for about £4, then 4-5 pints and a steak for about £9, then a night downing about 5 double vodkas for a little less than a £10. Good times.

Get me to Sri Lanka. 

Get me to Sri Lanka. 

It's a permanent fixture for me now on after Colombo and Galle a few years back, not a single bad point about the island.

They used to have a terrorist group called the Tamil Tigers but the army just completely genocided them after the Tsunami weakened it, completely peaceful island now and you could do a week there on £800-900 including fights and hotels if you wanted too.

It's a permanent fixture for me now on after Colombo and Galle a few years back, not a single bad point about the island.

They used to have a terrorist group called the Tamil Tigers but the army just completely genocided them after the Tsunami weakened it, completely peaceful island now and you could do a week there on £800-900 including fights and hotels if you wanted too.

Really? Never once in my life would I think to go there, next time we tour there in a Test series I will strongly consider it. 

Couple of wickets back, 300 looks par score on here, as usual though we'd probably look daft against spin.

Still can't work out why we are preparing for a World Cup in Australia with a tour of Asia during the monsoon season.

I've just got back from South India. We ate at a fancy French restaurant in Pondicherry and the steak there was £3.50 with all the trimmings lol We had pate and seafood starters, steak for main, and enough beer to keep us merry and it came to £20 with tip (between two) lol That said, we'd been having meals for a fiver in a lot of places so it felt like proper indulgence.

Best thing was we decided to splash out and pay £40 a night (!) for a room (after spending 4 nights in a bamboo hut with sea view at about £6) and ended up with a suite and our own private garden lol 

I know this isn't Sri Lanka but I haven't been there yet so DEAL WITH IT FOXESTALK.

Anyway, cricket. We're never winning this are we?

India is the next one I want to do, it sounds absolutely fantastic and no one who has been says a bad word about the place.

No we're not chasing this down although we're having some outrageous luck so far, two close overturned outs on Cook and Moeen just got bowled out but for some reason the bails didn't fall off.

Archived