Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Hodgson Out?

Limited though we are, the other sides are not so much better than us that a good manager on top of his game wouldn't have gotten us out of that group. Hodge failed, simple as that, for the 2nd tournament running. Absolutely no reason why he should be given a third bite at the cherry.

NO COLIN IT SAYS JAGIELKA FCKING READ!!!

This is why I give up. Pointless

In answer to your question I quite like the look of Joel Campbell, so quite possibly, he's certainly been better than Struddige this tournament. Brain Ruiz over a half fit Wilshere every time on the international stage, Celso Borges would be a more competent international player than the inexperienced Barkley, this has been proven. We are playing International football here, not club football.

The Nation does give a shit, Just because I don't doesn't mean everyone thinks like me, If you think the nation doesn't give a shit you've been living in a fcking box for the past month. Discipline and team-work are also a problem but as I've already told you, that's a problem spanning 10 years and 4 very good managers.

You are not flogging a dead horse you repeating yourself despite being argued down.

So just saying 'Jagielka' makes your point? What about the others? I won't offend you.. I'll be placed on Mods whatever it's called again. But calm down Pablo.. No need to get yer knickers in a twist.

So just saying 'Jagielka' makes your point? What about the others? I won't offend you.. I'll be placed on Mods whatever it's called again. But calm down Pablo.. No need to get yer knickers in a twist.

They're covered in the paragraph below......you accusing me of not reading is becoming more ironic by the post.

And I am not getting my knickers in a twist your becoming frustrating. I don't deal well with frustration, it makes me very tetchy.

They're covered in the paragraph below......you accusing me of not reading is becoming more ironic by the post.

And I am not getting my knickers in a twist your becoming frustrating. I don't deal well with frustration, it makes me very tetchy.

Now you know how it fookin feels!

Gotcha.. (How do you do the bloke reeling in smiley thing?)...

Seriously mate, don't get so tetchy.. You have to learn how to lose as well as win.. Tis a part of life..

lol

So you really believe that Mourinho would consider selling Cahill to bring in Yepes or Marquez? (If that was possible)

Or that Liverpool would pick Joel Campbell over Sturridge?

Or that Wenger would offload Wilshere to bring in Ruiz?

What about Everton replacing Barkley with Celso Borges?

The list can kinda go on..

I'm flogging a dead horse here...

YES, we aren't that good.. but no worse than many other nations who have done much better. Why? Discipline, tactical organisation, team-work and the will to win. Players (and possibly a nation?) that appear to give a shite..

I give in....

:rolleyes:

The Premier League isn't this mystical place where only the very best can join, we've seen loads of average players who've played in the division. It might not be a case of what club or league they play in, some players might play better, or differently, for their country than their club.

Different coaches, different set-up, different styles and environments all play a part in how a player performs.

Guest ttfn

TBF to Col MattP did say that he would have Yepes or Marquez over Cahill which is a poor shout in my book (and Matt has pretty much said as much).

Cahill with an experienced defender alongside him has proven time and again that he is a decent centre back. The fact that he needs a decent defensive partner to prove this is not that encouraging though.

There's a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth over these England players. They're not a world class bunch but there are some good-ish players in there.

I think it's slightly disingenuous to say with any conviction that Campbell is a better option than Sturridge (who has averaged about 3 goals every 4 games for the last 18 months). It's not a ridiculous suggestion but I can't imagine that many managers would choose Campbell over Sturridge.

TBF to Col MattP did say that he would have Yepes or Marquez over Cahill which is a poor shout in my book (and Matt has pretty much said as much).

Cahill with an experienced defender alongside him has proven time and again that he is a decent centre back. The fact that he needs a decent defensive partner to prove this is not that encouraging though.

There's a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth over these England players. They're not a world class bunch but there are some good-ish players in there.

I think it's slightly disingenuous to say with any conviction that Campbell is a better option than Sturridge (who has averaged about 3 goals every 4 games for the last 18 months). It's not a ridiculous suggestion but I can't imagine that many managers would choose Campbell over Sturridge.

Ttfn.. You are too nice....

Campbell over Sturridge.. What planet is MP on?

lol

Ttfn.. You are too nice....

Campbell over Sturridge.. What planet is MP on?

lol

I said quite possibly, not certainly, again, not reading.

And I stated he's had a much better tournament, this is a fact not opinion.

It'll be interesting to see if Campbell gets a start at Arsenal and how Sturridge gets on when Suarez moves on.

I said quite possibly, not certainly, again, not reading.

And I stated he's had a much better tournament, this is a fact not opinion.

It'll be interesting to see if Campbell gets a start at Arsenal and how Sturridge gets on when Suarez moves on.

Good post buddy. A lot of what you say makes a lot of sense, if truth be told. Its fun debating it with you.

Betcha Campbell gets nowhere near the starting team at the Arsenal though. How's about a loan spell at the KP?

Just a thought.

Is it just me or is anyone else becoming increasingly irritated by people bitching about being banned/warned etc? Basically all I've read for the last few weeks.

The forum rules are quite clear: stop posting shit opinions and you'll be fine.

Is he? I thought he was an out and out target bloke? Sturridge can play wide too though surely?

He appears to be more effective on the wing from what I've seen, only seen him at club level at FC Lorient though. Him and Sturridge are similar in the way that they can play both positions but they prefer the opposites to each other.

Is it just me or is anyone else becoming increasingly irritated by people bitching about being banned/warned etc? Basically all I've read for the last few weeks.

The forum rules are quite clear: stop posting shit opinions and you'll be fine.

Eh? Posting shit opinions gets you under Mods report?

lol

Had to be done.

For no other reason other than it's a hook for that pwick Pwride Of The Midlands who awgued for so long that we were clearly favorites for the gwoup and Woy should walk should we not make it through the gwoup.

Should the obv(w)iois unfould,do you think he should go.

Well done mate, you've made six month's making yourself look cluelsess and here is the pinnacle.

Time passes but I still laugh so much at this - and share the sentiments of that last sentence entirely.

Guest MattP

Yepes and Marquez have both achieved far more in their careers than Cahill ever will. You could certainly level accusations of him being carried given his performances in an England shirt.

Problem is of course we are still judging and assessing people for England selection on domestic performance rather than International performance, and while we continue to do that I think we'll continue to see sub-standard performances from our players.

If you were asking me to pick a team to play in the Premier League alongside Suarez, Silva etc of course I'd select Sturridge and Barkley, however if you wanted me to select a team to play in a World Cup quarter final I'd more certainly be going with Campbell and Borges given their level of performance compared to our own.

It's becoming clearer and clearer to me just how much difference there is now between selecting a team to win a League match and a team to win an International.

The Liverpool players in England shirts looked like kids thrown onto a motorbike who had only learned how to ride a tricycle as they never needed to learn about the motorbike.

So you really believe that Mourinho would consider selling Cahill to bring in Yepes or Marquez? (If that was possible)

Or that Liverpool would pick Joel Campbell over Sturridge?

Or that Wenger would offload Wilshere to bring in Ruiz?

What about Everton replacing Barkley with Celso Borges?

The list can kinda go on..

I'm flogging a dead horse here...

YES, we aren't that good.. but no worse than many other nations who have done much better. Why? Discipline, tactical organisation, team-work and the will to win. Players (and possibly a nation?) that appear to give a shite..

I give in....

:rolleyes:

"Yes, we aren't that good, but no worse than many other nation who have done much better."

I'd like to know what you mean by that.

Either a team (or nation) does better than another or not.

Surely you'll either keep on banging about how good the England team is (and stay deluded), or you accept the fact that, apart from most qualification stages, England have nothing to show for in the past roughly 50 years. Which is an appalling record given the importance and history of football within the country. Whomever's accepting a sudden change of manager after only two years (with no alternative at hand) also accepts continuous failure and heartbreak. The problem lies much deeper and doesn't stop with Hodgson. People ought to be more critical of the celeb culture, mixed with obscene amounts of money and a comparatively bad working ethic, coupled with living in a comfort zone.

Archived