Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

On 17/09/2019 at 22:28, Stadt said:

This is a brilliant book by the way. 

This is coming out as well - https://www.amazon.com/1312-explosive-radical-changing-politics/dp/1785039172 - I am aware it features Serbian and Swedish ultras. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When anyone says ‘yeah but boycotting doesn’t work’, please take heed of German fans boycotting of Monday night games and the successful abolishment of them 

But we all know the British love a good moan but when it comes down to it, still bend over and take it.

Most other European cultures don't just take it, they stand up and shout in numbers. Very well organised.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really interesting two part podcast on Golazzo about Italy's Ultra Scene with James Richardson, Gab Marcotti and James Horncastle joined by Tobias Jones for anybody who's interested. Came out a couple of weeks ago but I've only just got around to listening, can't wait to get over to Italy and see some games. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone interested or has read 1312, track down Danny Dyer’s International Football Factories on Amazon Prime. 

They cover some of the same areas or regions. I happened to read the Serbia chapter in 1312 and then watched the Dyer episode where he goes Croatia/Serbia. Wish I hadn’t told my Missus I fancied going Belgrade derby whilst she was casually looking at the screen at the same time. 

Dyer’s series is really underrated, some of the guys he met are notorious and still are. It’s depth is quite deep really. 

Equally 1312 is a mindblowing book at times. The link between politics and ultra are beyond anything you could imagine in some countries. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

• 1 month later...
On 01/06/2020 at 22:29, Cardiff_Fox said:

Anyone interested or has read 1312, track down Danny Dyer’s International Football Factories on Amazon Prime. 

They cover some of the same areas or regions. I happened to read the Serbia chapter in 1312 and then watched the Dyer episode where he goes Croatia/Serbia. Wish I hadn’t told my Missus I fancied going Belgrade derby whilst she was casually looking at the screen at the same time. 

Dyer’s series is really underrated, some of the guys he met are notorious and still are. It’s depth is quite deep really. 

Equally 1312 is a mindblowing book at times. The link between politics and ultra are beyond anything you could imagine in some countries. 

The twist at the end of the Serbia episode was absolutely grim. Different world.