Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Lovin this..Florent Malouda..ha ha

Sky Sports Transfer Centre:

7:44

Leicester City are reportedly keen on former Chelsea winger Florent Malouda. The 34-year-old currently plays for Trabzonspor in Turkey and the Foxes are understood to believe that his experience would be an asset on their return to the top fligh

Just love all the children on this site saying 34 is past it just because it's about 20 years older than them.

I'm 34 and I think signing a 34 year old winger isn't the greatest idea. 

Be kinda weird after we refused to give Lloyd Dyer a contract that would take him to the same age if we needed a winger?

Bit different because if Lloyd's legs suddenly went next year he'd be utterly useless. Malouda however has the talent to make do without the raw pace he had when he was younger. Plus, he has a lot more experience and a generally higher calibre.

Be kinda weird after we refused to give Lloyd Dyer a contract that would take him to the same age if we needed a winger?

Malouda would only be on a years contract though, Lloyd wanted three. It's more of a risk.

Malouda still has a year left in Turkey, do Trabonspur have financial problems as I can't see why else they'd be getting rid of him? He's reportedly on £50,000 a week there, I could see us having to whiff up a big signing on fee and then a lower basic salary.

If he's still contracted to his Turkish club do we really want to be paying what is likely to be a decent sized fee for a, while undoubtedly talented player, 34 year old winger who we are likely to get a year out of. It would probably be preferable to look for someone who is between 28-31 whom we can get a few years out of if that player is available. I'd still take Malouda based on his ability though.

It would probably be preferable to look for someone who is between 28-31 whom we can get a few years out of if that player is available.

They would want to be playing, would want a three year contract etc.

We already have three potentially very good wingers, makes sense to me to get someone of decent quality on a short term contract to fill a gap for a season.

If he's still contracted to his Turkish club do we really want to be paying what is likely to be a decent sized fee for a, while undoubtedly talented player, 34 year old winger who we are likely to get a year out of. It would probably be preferable to look for someone who is between 28-31 whom we can get a few years out of if that player is available. I'd still take Malouda based on his ability though.

Probably on a big wage there so they'll let him leave cheaply id imagine, plus his age will reduce any fee really. Assuming the reason he wants to leave is because he wants one last shot at the prem etc he'll take a pay cut here rather than taking a paycut there

We're linked with a Player with bags of Premier League experience and has a few winners medals, but people are now moaning he is too old at 34.

What do people expect, Pearson to be signing players in their prime so around 25-28 with good Premier League experience who are on around £25k-£40k a week and will cost no more than £10m.

If he is linked, he would be a good asset and would help the likes of Mahrez & Knockaert.

If he is available for the right price and salary then I'd be happy with the signing.

Archived