Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Lovin this..Florent Malouda..ha ha

Malouda still has a year left in Turkey, do Trabonspur have financial problems as I can't see why else they'd be getting rid of him? He's reportedly on £50,000 a week there, I could see us having to whiff up a big signing on fee and then a lower basic salary.

I smell a loan deal, we pay 60% of his wages, Footy Manager style.

For me the pros do outweigh the cons on this.

Yes, he is 34, yes - he did have a paddy at the World Cup BUT...

He has won everything in the game bar at international level, he could pass on his experience to the younger lads and Kevin did in the second half of last season and now as a coach (a signing I was delighted we made when others said what is the point), so... yes, why not? Can think of worse signings and we've seen most of them play for us in the last decade!

I think the experience would be good and I like the concept of two players for every position to give injury/suspension cover as well as competition for places.  This would give us 4 wingers - Knocky, Mahrez, Albrichton (who people seem to be forgetting about) and Malouda.  He's a completely different stage of his career and gives  a good mix.  I reckon Mahrez and Albrichton will start most games though.  Just my opinion though.

If we brought in, with the sole purpose of his experience to improve Albrighton, Mahrez, and Knocky, then it would be worth the gamble in my view. It just depends on what his personal expectations are. If he's expecting to be a first teamer, and get x number of games then that may prove difficult. Anyways it could be a horseshit rumour.

I don't know why everyone is laughing at this? He is still playing at a good standard In the Turkish premiership. He played 15+ games over there & scored 5 goals last season so he obviously has something good still in him! He has won the champions league & the premiership, he has over 70 caps for France. His experience could be vital, with our current set of young wingers they could get advise of someone like Malouda. As a 4th choice winger I think this could be a good signing. Someone used more In the changing room than on the field but could still be very effective.

If we brought in, with the sole purpose of his experience to improve Albrighton, Mahrez, and Knocky, then it would be worth the gamble in my view. It just depends on what his personal expectations are. If he's expecting to be a first teamer, and get x number of games then that may prove difficult. Anyways it could be a horseshit rumour.

I am more worried he would be coming for a pay day.

I also don't see him as a Kevin Phillips type player, who wants to be a coach and will be looking to help his team mates and pass on his experience, I might be wrong about that and his attitude, just a feeling I get. If Nige signs him then I would be happy to admit I'm wrong because I don't see Nigel signing players like that. He knows how important harmony in the squad is.

I'd be happy with this signing as long as it's sensible money. Plenty of players have done very well at 34 and onwards... I know he's not to the same standard but Gerrard is still a very capable midfielder, no reason why Malouda can't use his ability to transition into a different role.

Personally if he could do it would be good to switch him to an AM role.

Archived