Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

I can see Leicester getting something v Man United, and I'm being deadly serious. 

Leicester should fancy scoring against that shit at the back and getting at the United defence. 

Did Man United play QPR off the park? No. Did QPR make it very easy for Man United? Yes. 

I think Leicester should do exactly what have they have done in their first four games and I would seriously expect Leicester to get something out of the game. 

I think the entire world would take United's front five over Liverpool's (or Arsenal's for that matter.)

They're obviously not title winners over night and QPR are terrible but if LVG can get that lot to click and keep that back four well enough organised then they're clearly going to be a force.

"Still pretty poor" is a daft way of describing Falcao, Di Maria, Rooney, Van Persie, Mata, Herrera and co'.

Well they are? They have beaten a newly promoted side 4-0, who let's be fair were actually piss poor at Old Trafford, Redknapp surrendered before the ball was even kicked off. 

So after their start to the season, I have seen nothing to suggest they are nothing else but pretty poor. 

Let's see where Man United are in a months time and what the results are like, not saying they won't be flying or they will be shit, just let time tell us. 

And who said anything about Man United's front five over Liverpool's? 

F***ing hell Finners, stop looking for an argument, nobody even compared them. I would take Di Maria, Falcao and Herrera in a heartbeat but so would Chelsea or Man City, doesn't mean Man United are back, they are a long way from that. 

I can see Leicester getting something v Man United, and I'm being deadly serious. 

Leicester should fancy scoring against that shit at the back and getting at the United defence. 

Did Man United play QPR off the park? No. Did QPR make it very easy for Man United? Yes. 

I think Leicester should do exactly what have they have done in their first four games and I would seriously expect Leicester to get something out of the game. 

I think your rivalry is clouding your judgment.

Just think about the players that they have. They could play with no keeper and still beat us 11-10.

To say that Man United didn't play QPR off the park is nothing short of laughable. They smashed them to bits. Lets also not forget that they've got a lot of talent at the back when comparing it to teams like us. Rojo, De Gea, Jones, Rafael... these are all reeally solid  Premier League players that'd all walk into our side.

They're not that bad.

Put it this way, if you offered me a draw, i'd rip your hands off and run.

And who said anything about Man United's front five over Liverpool's? 

F***ing hell Finners, stop looking for an argument, nobody even compared them. I would take Di Maria, Falcao and Herrera in a heartbeat but so would Chelsea or Man City, doesn't mean Man United are back, they are a long way from that. 

Would I rather play Liverpool or United at this stage? 100% i'd rather play you.

They're back in terms of looking like genuine top 4 contenders. It's definitely between you, United and Arsenal for 3rd and 4th. I think as it stands i'd have you just beating Arsenal for 4th. I think this is the season that they fall out. Not replacing Giroud and Arteta will haunt them.

Well they are? They have beaten a newly promoted side 4-0, who let's be fair were actually piss poor at Old Trafford, Redknapp surrendered before the ball was even kicked off. 

So after their start to the season, I have seen nothing to suggest they are nothing else but pretty poor. 

Let's see where Man United are in a months time and what the results are like, not saying they won't be flying or they will be shit, just let time tell us. 

Sounds like after continuous posts of slating them and saying they're crap you've put that little tidbit in so if they are flying in a months time you can quote that bit and come out with some Colisms.

:nigel:

I think your rivalry is clouding your judgment.

Just think about the players that they have. They could play with no keeper and still beat us 11-10.

To say that Man United didn't play QPR off the park is nothing short of laughable. They smashed them to bits. Lets also not forget that they've got a lot of talent at the back when comparing it to teams like us. Rojo, De Gea, Jones, Rafael... these are all reeally solid  Premier League players that'd all walk into our side.

They're not that bad.

Put it this way, if you offered me a draw, i'd rip your hands off and run.

Yeah, I would take a draw if I was a Leicester fan. 

It isn't rivalry mate, I really think Leicester can get something (something meaning a draw or win). QPR made it so easy for Man United, imagine what Chelsea would have done to QPR? Man United left so many gaps and space that a good side would exploit, QPR gave Di Maria, Herrera, Blind and Mata so much time on the ball, even Evans was allowed to run 20 yards with the ball. Leicester won't allow that on Sunday.

If Leicester play with the tempo and energy that they did v Arsenal then I think Man United will struggle to control the game and get in behind Leicester. 

Like I said, let's see the League table in a months time, then we should all have a good understanding of who is going to be doing what this season.. Saying that in a months time it could still be too early, Arsenal were top of the League at the end of February. Such a weird League.

The Man United craze is incredible, they are still pretty poor. 

Yeah, you can't replace Suarez, it is as simple as that, just like Man United couldn't replace Ronaldo, you just bring in more players, that's what we have done. I have said from day one, midfield wise I never thought we would bring in anyone who would move anyone out of that midfield, Coutinho for me struggles to get in. Rodgers has played 4-3-3 the last two games to play Lallana, simple as that and when we have brought him off, gone back to the diamond with two up top we have looked more dangerous. 

You see what we can do to good sides at White Hart Lane, the diamond is the way we play, two up top. 

You can't write Balotelli off yet either, he has played one game with Sturridge who will be his partner, I still have full faith in their partnership. 

I will be happy with top four. 

I'm not wrting Balotelli off, he's a good player, what I mean is he isn't going to be someone who hangs around for a long time, he's clearly trouble for a time after any spell at a club and I'm sure after one maybe two years you'll be looking to offload him just like everyone else has.

Is it OTT to fear the likes of Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao, Mata...?

Yes they 'only' beat QPR, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The press may well be saying "they've only beaten Leicester" after doing the same to us.

I agree they're not up to the level of Chelsea, who will win this title with ease, but they're very dangerous now. However, if we stay tight at the back, they're always vunerable.

Play like we did against Stoke and we'll get absolutely battered. Lets not kid ourselves.

It's not OTT to fear good players, it is OTT to overreact to a result against QPR. Did people go this mad when QPR lost 4-0 at Spurs?

No one knows how they will play on Sunday, you could say that about Stoke, I could say if we play like we did for 70 minutes against Chelsea we'll beat Man U. I certainly fancy us if we can get on the ball in centre midfielder and have a real go at their defence.

Sounds like after continuous posts of slating them and saying they're crap you've put that little tidbit in so if they are flying in a months time you can quote that bit and come out with some Colisms.

:nigel:

Not at all, I just don't see how you can say a team 'are back' after picking up their first win of the season, against a newly promoted team who went their and rolled over from the first whistle.. 

I do think Man United are still pretty poor, yeah they have signed some amazing players but how can you say they aren't still poor after one game? Still the majority of the side that couldn't get a goal v Burnley. So in a months time, let's see where Man United are, I will be happy enough to say 'they are back' if they have gone undefeated and played teams off the park. 

I'm not wrting Balotelli off, he's a good player, what I mean is he isn't going to be someone who hangs around for a long time, he's clearly trouble for a time after any spell at a club and I'm sure after one maybe two years you'll be looking to offload him just like everyone else has.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me mate, I can see him moving after two years. I would love us to go and get a fantastic player in Jan, someone like Lavezzi, literally say "**** the price, he is going to be a Liverpool player".. won't happen mind. 

The way i see it.Man U are there for the taking. I can certainly see us causing Man U problems. Theres no reason why we cant keep them quiet. Wouldnt surprise me if they come to us thinking it going to be a walk in the park now that 'they're back'. QPR were absolute dog mess and didnt even try to take the game to them even at 0-0.

Leicester have got off to a decent start. Its great that we already have our first win going into this game, i feel like its given us a bit more freedom going into this game.

I have to agree with grandad. Until Man U start getting some consistency they are still very much a poor side. That 4-0 win was more down to QPR giving up from the get go and the fact that Rio is a fvcking donkey.

I believe at home we will get something out the game. Bring it on

Aside from Gerrard (over Blind) you'd probably struggle to pick any Liverpool player over a Manchester United player.

I'd pick every centre back (Sakho apart) they have over the Utd back three.

Moreno would be at left back all day.

Manquillo would be right over Rafael all day.

Lovren and Skrtel over Jones, Blackett, Smalling and Evans all day.  

Gerrard obviously for Blind. 

Sterling right now as well would be over Mata at the tip of the diamond. 

But yeah I would say everyone else would be a Man United player. So Liverpool would have 6 and 5 to Man United. :thumbup:

Good work Mr. Man United. 

Moreno would be at left back all day.

Manquillo would be right over Rafael all day.

Lovren and Skrtel over Jones, Blackett, Smalling and Evans all day.

Gerrard obviously for Blind.

Sterling right now as well would be over Mata at the tip of the diamond.

But yeah I would say everyone else would be a Man United player. So Liverpool would have 6 and 5 to Man United. :thumbup:

Good work Mr. Man United.

Was tempted to say Moreno along with Gerrard but look at what Luke Shaw did for Southampton last season combined with the fact he's only 19 makes me pick him over Moreno.

Liverpool look terrible at the back this season, even Ludogroets tore holes in their defence and United's has been just as leaky too. So it really is a toss up between Skrtel/Lovren and Jones/Rojo.

Rafael has been there and got the T-shirt in the Premier League and has been one of the most consistent full backs for years.

Mata over Sterling for now. Give it a couple of years and it will be the other way round.

As for "Mr Man Utd" you will find me in my usual spot in the KP on Sunday cheering a Leicester win. Same as always.

Was tempted to say Moreno along with Gerrard but look at what Luke Shaw did for Southampton last season combined with the fact he's only 19 makes me pick him over Moreno.

Liverpool look terrible at the back this season, even Ludogroets tore holes in their defence and United's has been just as leaky too. So it really is a toss up between Skrtel/Lovren and Jones/Rojo.

Rafael has been there and got the T-shirt in the Premier League and has been one of the most consistent full backs for years.

Mata over Sterling for now. Give it a couple of years and it will be the other way round.

As for "Mr Man Utd" you will find me in my usual spot in the KP on Sunday cheering a Leicester win. Same as always.

Moreno is 22, more established and was probably Sevilla's best player last season and won the Europa League. 

So for that ridiculous logic then regarding Rafael, you would have to have Sturridge over Falcao as Sturridge has won the Premier League and has been banging the goals in for fun for Liverpool. No, it doesn't work like that, Falcao is better than Sturridge. Manquillo is better than Rafael. 

Mata over Sterling for now? lol Shut up. Sterling right now is one of the best players in the League. 

Well that's good news, you're still a closet Man United fan. 

De Gea

Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno

Gerrard

Herrera Di Maria

Sterling

Van Persie Falcao

That would be the team if you were going to merge both sides, the United back four is worse than ours and that is saying something, Moreno is absolutely class though so he would get in all day long. 

Falcao and Van Persie would be the front two, Rooney certainly wouldn't get in and if there was a replacement Sturridge would be ahead of him anyway. 

Think Van Gaal is going to hate the fact he may have to drop his captain this season for Van Persie and Falcao. 

Archived