Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Jeffrey Schlupp...yes or no?

Yes from me too, his pace is frightening to defenders.

He just needs to calm down some times when he has the ball at his feet and play the simple pass not a rush of blood to the head Hollywood pass ! But saying that his pass to Ulloa for the equaliser was one hell of a quality pass just wish he could produce that more often, instead of the wild shots or crosses he still has loads of potential and with Cambiasso's experience hopefully he can help Jeff reach his potential !

It might be going too far , but why not dream and hope, and impossible it wouldnt be....

Wouldnt it be great see Schlupp, Knockky, Mahrez playing to their potential, in the SAME team, even for only 50-60 minutes.

If Pearson and his coaching staff could help these 3 together, to mould into the 3 devils.

With Vardy n Ulloa feeding off their genial and rapid one, twos and Drinkwater, James gobbling up the midfield.

It would not be far off the Arsenal sleek style of play.

Flashes of brilliance, flashes of non league.

Iron out the poor bits, and he will be Dyer on steroids... well more than he already was on.

This, he can be an improved Dyer but can't see him weaving in and out, hes one to get on the end of a through ball, which means he needs to improve his shooting.

Would also like to see him take on the fullbacks a bit more, even if its hit and chase, he has the pace.

Think Mahrez must start, and Schlupp, Knockeart and Albrighton all bring something different.

When i saw him running towards the goal line yesterday, i thought "this cross isn't going anywhere" ... glad i was wrong about him for once.

He's a bit like Knockaert for me at the minute - flashes of brilliance but poor decision-making and inconsistent.

Then again, we have to remember that he's young. He will mature as a player if he's given a regular place in the side.

It seems clear from the opening few games that Pearson and the staff have been coaching him as a winger over the summer, and this is probably what they plan for him in the long term. My only worry is that without much cover for Konchesky at left back, Jeff will end up playing there if Konch is out, and this could hamper his development.

But fundamentally - he has the raw ingredients (namely that he's quick, strong and willing to run at defenders). Vardy had the raw ingredients for quite a while before he actually started to be any good for us. I'm sure Schlupp could be the same.

In the first half yesterday I had a great view of how Schlupp and Konchesky worked together to protect that flank, I thought they were both excellent defensively against tough opposition and it could be that he is employed against teams who pose a big threat down the flanks. I think his spell at left back has improved his defensive abilities, but I still wouldn't play him there outright.

Archived