Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

So this week we had...

1. ScouseFox

2. Maybes

3. Donut

4.Ross-Kemp

5. Hirsty The Blue 94

6. Hollism

7. chrislcfc 

8. The Blur 

9. kings_knockaers

10. Bert

11. Ashley

12. Xen

and i was going to do a mock up of a table but it's easier to just say well done everyone -10s all round! hahaha. i'll give it til thursday for anyone else who wants to join to throw their name down, and i'll assume these 12 will want to be involved week in week out. 

I used to have a great tipster a couple of years ago but unfortunately his tips dried up.

Think we went about 6 or 7 Sundays on the trot having between 2/1 and 8/1 winners.

If I was going to tip personally it would be to lay rather than back, will happily post if anyone interested in that?

I used to have a great tipster a couple of years ago but unfortunately his tips dried up.

Think we went about 6 or 7 Sundays on the trot having between 2/1 and 8/1 winners.

If I was going to tip personally it would be to lay rather than back, will happily post if anyone interested in that?

Go for it, a tips a tip. Will be interesting to see if laying is a seemingly easier profit maker than backing in the long run.

Sundays debacle in Portugal was highly disappointing. An early Porto red card, combined with torrential rain that could, and in all likeliness should have forced an abandonment was a huge leveller vs Boavista who were not threatened enough by Porto over the 90 mins. The result leaves me on -£10, and with work to do to correct the balance.

I do however have my eyes on a weekend double:

Saturday September 27th, 3pm Kickoff

Barclays Premiership

Manchester United (1/3) vs West Ham

This game has the feel of a real home banker. Manchester United, reeling from letting a 2-0 and 3-1 lead slip in defeat at Leicester, have been bolstered with numerous attacking additions to the squad in the transfer window. They will have to deal with the loss of Tyler Blackett through suspension for this game, but Evans should be fit to come into the side.

Van Gaal and his players will be looking to right the ship with a win against the Hammers. And if he is, he certainly has history on his side. West Ham have lost all of their previous 5 visits to Old Trafford, and 9 of the last 10 meetings between the clubs.

The Hammers haven’t managed a clean sheet this season, and its unlikely this trend will end at Old Trafford. Couple that to the fact they managed only 15 goals away from home last season in league and cup, and the smart money is on United to get back to winning ways

Sunday September 28th, 4pm Kickoff

Scottish Championship

Hearts (2/5) vs Livingston

A generous price on Hearts, who are topping the Scottish Championship and boasting the most potent attack and meanest defence in the division, totalling a plus 13 goal difference.

Tynecastle has been something of a fortress for Hearts, having won all 3 of their home games and scoring an astonishing 11 goals in the process. But revenge will be in the air for Hearts to avenge a disappointing 4-1 reversal to Livingston in the Scottish Challenge Cup.

Livingston themselves are in a patchy run, and are without an away win so far in the Scottish Championship. Losing 4-0 last time out in the Scottish Challenge Cup to Aberdeen may have dented the confidence, and the tough trip to come should be too much for them to Handle this time around.

The £10 double returns £18.67, for an £8.67 profit.

Horse racing tip (are we allowed these in this thread?)

Tiggy Wiggy in the Cheveley Park stakes, Newmarket, on Saturday 27th. Currently 5/4 fav, Best form and speed figures of anything else in the race. I've had £20 on the nose at 11/8 earlier in the week. 

Yep, tips welcome on any sport. I'll throw your name onto the list. Think tiggy wiggy should bolt up but a bit short a price for a chap like myself who only really play with fivers or tenners. Might see if I can find another sure thing and make a double.

I wouldn't have Man Utd as a banker at all with that defence, and West Ham have actually not started too badly.

With Man Utd defence & strikers, then any team that puts out an attacking line-up like us you have to fancy in a BTTS or over 2.5 bet. Goals to be had at both ends, unless the opposition follows QPR's tactics. 

I agree they should be a banker for over 2.5 goals but not to win a game. We showed how mediocre they are defensively at the weekend and it isn't beyond Allardyce to kill the game and nick a goal. They should win but I wouldn't be shocked if they don't.

I'd have Southampton as more of a banker than Man Utd.

My double for this for the coming weekend:

Southampton to beat QPR (4/9) - Rangers have shown themselves to be the bins so far this season and the Saints look very impressive under Koeman.

Leicester Double Chance v Palace (11/20) - For newbies double chance covers the win and draw. Fancy us to get out of Selhurst Park with something given what we've show so far this season. 

£10 on the double pays £22.38

Chevallier finished 2nd - £10 up.

technically haven't started yet... :whistle:

Can I join this?

of course man. 

i now make it 

1. ScouseFox

2. Maybes

3. Donut 

4.Ross-Kemp 

5. Hirsty The Blue 94

6. Hollism

7. chrislcfc 

8. The Blur 

9. kings_knockaers

10. Bert

11. Ashley

12. Xen

13. fox123

14. separator

15. DJ Barry Hammond

16. Grandad

17. Tommeh

18. foxfanazer

19. Tom17LCFC

20. Watson

21. AS78UK

22. 65RosesFox

with tips in from 3 or 4 already. so if the rest of you can get your Saturday - Monday's action tips in before the weekend then that'd be grand. Gonna scout mine out today I think. Rules are simple, £10 on whatever your tip is (preferably a single or double) by Saturday lunchtime.

Anyone who's name is not down can still feel free to join up. 2 tips a week. Explanation in the first post. If we don't get a tip from anyone in the list so far for the first two rounds i'll assume (unless told otherwise) you don't actually want to be involved any longer. 

May the best tips win.

Or may any tips win based on last weekend's attempts  :nigel:

Am I too late for this?

not at all, keep em coming. as long as you can give us a (winning :P) tip by Saturday lunchtime and perhaps a quick word or two on why it's going to win then count yourself in. 

Archived