Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

My double is

Ipswich to beat Rotherham @ 19/20

Ipswich have had a very surprisingly good start to the season and have won some tough games. At just under Evens at home I think that could be a banker.

Liverpool to beat Everton @ 17/20

Anything can happen in a derby but Everton's defence is leaking goals for fun at the moment. They have a terrible record at Anfield and I fully expect them to lose this. Sterling should run rings around that defence

£10 double plays £37

this weekend i am going for a steady but hopefully rewarding 2.18/1 double. 

Real Madrid to beat Villarreal @ 7/10 - Real seem to have clicked over the last fortnight. They've won their last 3, scoring 18 (!!) goals in that time. Ronaldo has scored 7 goals in his last 2 games. Villarreal are tough to beat, hence the price, but if Real's form continues they should take it. 

Bristol Rovers to win at Southport @ 20/23 - Rovers are 4 wins in a row, including beating Woking last time out who were previously second in the league. Southport have lost 5 of their last 6. Form says this is as close as you can get to an away banker. 

£10 returns £31.80 with BetVictor. 

add me up brother!

Tiggy Wiggy @ 6/5. 3.10 - Newmarket (saturday)

relentless form this season and with the champion jockey booked again I can't see past her.

Dundee Utd to beat St. Johnstone @ 3/4 (saturday).

Dundee Utd currently sitting top of the SPL and boast a home league record of 7 wins from the last 11 games, compared to St Johnstone's away league record consisting of 2 wins in the last 7.

£10 double pays £38.50.

add me up brother!

you're in. tiggy wiggy looking like this week's most popular shout! 

Just warming up lol

:D give us another winner for the weekend if you can! do you tend to just lay horses around the evens mark? or do you get stuck into real short prices and occasionally non favourites? 

Like draw no bet doubles, so you can still win a bit of money if one of the results is a draw.

Wigan away at Bournemouth 13/8

Leeds away at Brentford 13/8

5.89/1

I like Watford single at 2.38/1 draw no bet at Blackburn too, but I can only do one bet right?

This is all on skybet.

Southampton (-1) to beat QPR - (6/5)

Southampton have had a very good start considering everyone's pre season predictions. With Pelle in good form and Tadic slowly finding his feet, I think they'll stick several past a slow and ageing Rangers defence.

Bournemouth (-1) to beat Wigan (11/4)

Bournemouth started with a bang but have trailed off in recent weeks, they put 3 past Cardiff in the week and Wigan have started poorly.

£10 double returns £82.50

you're in. tiggy wiggy looking like this week's most popular shout! 

:D give us another winner for the weekend if you can! do you tend to just lay horses around the evens mark? or do you get stuck into real short prices and occasionally non favourites? 

I tend to just lay. There is more risk as I only lay favourites, but all betting is risky.  I do look for specific races i.e. 2 Year olds who have never ran, fillys and specific meetings such as Irish racing and the all weather.

I will stay away from meetings such as Leicester and Newmarket as majority of favourites usually come in.

I will be in a position on Saturday morning (once I've seen all meetings and runners) to post my tips.

Tiggy Wiggy is one I may be possibly looking to lay. Whilst her form is good, Filly's (especially two year olds) rarely run the same race.

yeah i occasionally debate getting into laying and always say if i do the place i'll start is favourites in ireland, especially maidens. dunno what the stats are but aiden/joseph obrien odds on shots lose on a weekly basis, if you can pick the right ones you'd be rich in about 2 months haha. 

be interesting to see who comes out on top if you take on tiggy wiggy, with 4 mentions so far she's almost definitely going to be the top tip of the week!

Only just seen this thread, count me in.

My selections for the weekend are:

Championship - Ipswich v Rotherham (Home Win) Eva

Ipswich the in form team at the minute with 3 wins on the bounce at home to a struggling Rotherham who have only won one in the last five in the league.

Scotish Division 2 - Arborath v Elgin (Home Win) 13/20

Arbroath high flying, top of the leage against Elgin who only picked up one point from 9 away from home.

Double - 2.3/1 (Bet Victor)

My double.. 

Solihull to beat Ilkeston in the FA Cup at 6/5. 

And Liverpool v Everton over 3.5 Goals at 31/20. 

No right up about them, that is just what I am going to do. Actually, I will explain them selections, Solihull are in very good form and I know they are expecting to win on Saturday and taking it very seriously and well Liverpool Everton is the Merseyside Derby, full of goals (usually) and both teams are both in bad form defensively. 

The £10 double pays £56.10! 

Add me to your list please Scouse! 

yep you're in the league sir. are solihull the non league lads you were talking about it the betting thread the other day? might get on board with that one, will see what else interests me on saturday. 

we now have 22 names and as far as i'm aware 12 tips in for the weekend. thought there'd only be about 5 or 6 of us haha, good going chaps. still another day and a half to throw your hat into the ring and add your tips. 

yep you're in the league sir. are solihull the non league lads you were talking about it the betting thread the other day? might get on board with that one, will see what else interests me on saturday. 

Cheers mate.

I've been banging on about them purely because my mate plays for them, so get to see them quite a lot, they are a Northern Conference side, started slowly after winning all their pre-season games and they are back on form, not lost in 4 or 5 and beating the top sides. They're away to Ilkeston this weekend (Ilkeston are a league below) in the FA Cup qualifying rounds. Good price at 6/5 - a lot of the players are backing themselves to win, beating the system haha. 

might throw them in a double or treble somewhere then, 6/5 seems a generous price for any team playing the league below, let alone one in decent nick. 

overs is the way everyone's going for the derby too, neither team can defend for shite! everton have comfortably the worst defensive record in the league this year and it's something like one clean sheet since march for liverpool even struggling to keep them against ludogorets and middlesborough at home in the last few days. bound to be a drab 0-0 now lol

Liverpool vs Everton - Both teams to score (8/13)

Arsenal vs Tottenham - Both teams to score (3/4)

Double pays £28.27 with ladbrokes. £10 stake.

Both games always have goals in (famous last words).

Also had Man City, Man United, Leeds and Real Madrid 4 fold priced at 12.75/1. Fair chunk slapped on. Hoping for a big win with that!

Torquay 13/20: Torquay are the form team in the conference of late and they travel to bottom of the table telford. Torquay have recorded 6 straight wins whilst telford are yet to win a game this season.

Derby 21/20: Derby have yet to hit the heights of last season but should be able to pick up 3 points away at struggling bolton, derby claimed an away victory in lancashire in there last away game and can do so again against a bolton side who have a poor recent recordon home turf.

£10 double pays £33.83 with Bet Victor

So do we have to do a weekend tip and then a midweek tip?

That's the plan yeah. One tip given on Thursday or Friday or so for the weekend action, like we've seen in the past few posts, then one given on a Monday or Tuesday for any action from them to Friday. Mainly so it fits in with the football seen as that's where most the bets are coming from, but as has been said tips can be on anything.

I will hopefully be able to update the tables and tips each Tuesday and Saturday morning as one round finishes and another is about to begin.

That's the plan yeah. One tip given on Thursday or Friday or so for the weekend action, like we've seen in the past few posts, then one given on a Monday or Tuesday for any action from them to Friday. Mainly so it fits in with the football seen as that's where most the bets are coming from, but as has been said tips can be on anything.

I will hopefully be able to update the tables and tips each Tuesday and Saturday morning as one round finishes and another is about to begin.

Sweet.

Going to throw Stourbridge away to Blaby and Whetstone in the FA cup at around 4/9. Stourbridge 7th in their league Blaby are 6th in their league but 3 divisions lower. 

Given the respective quality available to both sides I would fancy Stourbridge to win this one comfortably.

I'll toss in Liverpool v Everton btts as well. Both teams seem to be conceding for fun at the minute so it should have a few goals in it. 

Works out just short of 5/4.

I've decided to go against Tiggy Wiggy.

Whilst her form would suggest I should be looking to back her, she's had 8 runs this season and for a two year old that is a hell of a lot. 

A filly, more so a two year old, can be extremely temperamental (like most women) which is another reason for backing against her.

A lay of £10 @ Even money is my tip.

I'm going for a Norwich (7/10) & Chesterfield (4/5) double.

Norwich have plenty of goals in them and should have more than enough to see off Blackpool.

Chesterfield are sitting the playoff places of league one, whilst Notts are struggling towards the lower end of the league.

Pays 2.06/1 with SkyBet.

Count me in.

I'm going £10 Double;

Southampton (7/15) & Norwich (8/11)

£10 Pays £25.33.

Think this is gonna educate me alot (Hopefully), being restricted to singles and doubles I think it will make me less 'greedy' and if I see consistant virtual profit it may make me profit with real bets (I'm not going to place these bets - i'm just going to see how I get on doing this for a month or so, if successful I may start placing the bets).

Archived