Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

1. ScouseFox

2. Maybes

3. Donut 

4.Ross-Kemp 

5. Hirsty The Blue 94

6. Hollism

7. chrislcfc 

8. The Blur 

9. kings_knockaers

10. Bert

11. Ashley

12. Xen

13. fox123

14. separator

15. DJ Barry Hammond

16. Grandad

17. Tommeh

18. foxfanazer

19. Tom17LCFC

20. Watson

21. AS78UK

22. 65RosesFox

23. filbertway

24. Matt

That is the list we have so far, tips in from all those in bold type. Big things expected of Southampton football wise getting a few mentions, and an interesting back vs lay battle on Tiggy Wiggy in the horses. 

Keep 'em coming. 

Exeter (20th) v Bury (1st) - Bury to win 6/5

Burys most resent result was a 3-1 home win over second placed Burton. Home form reads played five, won four, lost one. Exeter have lost three of their five away fixtures, winning the other two.

Telford (24th) v Torquay (1st) Torquay to win 4/6

Torquay have won all of their last six matches, scoring 14, conceding just one. Telford are yet to win this season. At home they have lost three of their five matches.

Bet is a double at 2.66/1

Here's my entry:

Liverpool vs Everton. Both teams to score - NO                                 6/4

Villareal vs Real Madrid. HT/FT Real Madrid/Real Madrid                 13/8

Crystal Palace vs Leicester City. Leicester (+1)                                 9/20

£10 treble with BetVictor returns £95.16

Did notice that Leicester to win from behind is 14/1 tomorrow with a few bookies so might be worth a fiver considering our 'Never say die' attitude we appear to have :dunno:

Most of people have opted for similar tips that I would have so I will try to offer something different

Sheffield United vs Gillingham Played four games at home this season winning three (only loss came against Bristol City) playing a team with a mixed away form-  4/6

Cardiff vs Sheff Wed A bit of a wild card but Sheffield Wednsday has an impressive away form-winning four of their six away games and they are playing against a club in turmoil with the recent sacking of their manager and three home losses in row including a 3-0 thrashing by Bournemouth last time out. Good time to play Cardiff perhaps?  - 2/1

Most of people have opted for similar tips that I would have so I will try to offer something different

Sheffield United vs Gillingham Played four games at home this season winning three (only loss came against Bristol City) playing a team with a mixed away form- 4/6

Cardiff vs Sheff Wed A bit of a wild card but Sheffield Wednsday has an impressive away form-winning four of their six away games and they are playing against a club in turmoil with the recent sacking of their manager and three home losses in row including a 3-0 thrashing by Bournemouth last time out. Good time to play Cardiff perhaps? - 2/1

Not a bad shout on Wednesdsy actually.

Well, im pleased to say im half way towards recouping most of last weeks loss. Man Utd just about got the job done vs West Ham, but the game was much closer than I had visualised, and when Rooney was dismissed, I was definitely fearing the worst.

A big result now for Hearts tomorrow afternoon will steady the ship for me.

Here's my entry:

Liverpool vs Everton. Both teams to score - NO                                 6/4

Villareal vs Real Madrid. HT/FT Real Madrid/Real Madrid                 13/8

Crystal Palace vs Leicester City. Leicester (+1)                                 9/20

£10 treble with BetVictor returns £95.16

Did notice that Leicester to win from behind is 14/1 tomorrow with a few bookies so might be worth a fiver considering our 'Never say die' attitude we appear to have :dunno:

Wow, all three of them wrong 

:nigel:

Week one over. Not a bad start for a few, others slightly unlucky. Tiggy Wiggy did the business for more than a few, Maybes benefitting from Jagielka's last minute thunderbolt whilst foxfanazer was left ruing it costing him. Swings and roundabouts hey chaps? 

Hirsty The Blue 94 goes top (just) after a cross sport double that won comfortably in the end. Well played sir. 

No tips from Ash, Xen or DJ Baz, what happened guys? Give us one next week, you know you want to. 

8846e663-d2bc-499a-a5b7-15c781c5fd0b.png

just £10 a week to keep it more of a competition to see who can find the best value works best imo. and becomes more "tipping" so people can follow. if the stakes were open someone could just say "yeh i think u shud put £1000000 on chelsea to win" which then makes it less competitive and nobody is going to follow that tip because nobody has that cash. just the way i see it. 

also makes it easier to follow and work out! 

just £10 a week to keep it more of a competition to see who can find the best value works best imo. and becomes more "tipping" so people can follow. if the stakes were open someone could just say "yeh i think u shud put £1000000 on chelsea to win" which then makes it less competitive and nobody is going to follow that tip because nobody has that cash. just the way i see it. 

also makes it easier to follow and work out! 

Yeah fair enough.

Also it's unfair/gives people who have got more in their pot they can ultimately get a bigger payout/advantage over others. Thought i'd ask the question anyway though.

Yeah fair enough.

Also it's unfair/gives people who have got more in their pot they can ultimately get a bigger payout/advantage over others. Thought i'd ask the question anyway though.

yeah i get why you'd want to, think donut mentioned "building" at the start of the thread, which would obviously be easier (in theory) if you could turn £10 into £18, £18 into £30 etc etc instead of starting on £10 a time. 

like i say just makes it more of a fun competition than if someone came along and said yeah i'm having a grand on xxxx @ 4/6 and then won the league in one week with £600 profit. also goes the other way, say you lose 3 or 4 weeks in a row it'd only take one or two weeks to get into the green, as it's only £10 a time you're losing. 

not a bad start from yourself anyway, keep giving us easy 6/4 doubles and i doubt you'll be particularly bothered how much is being put on it! 

yeah i get why you'd want to, think donut mentioned "building" at the start of the thread, which would obviously be easier (in theory) if you could turn £10 into £18, £18 into £30 etc etc instead of starting on £10 a time. 

like i say just makes it more of a fun competition than if someone came along and said yeah i'm having a grand on xxxx @ 4/6 and then won the league in one week with £600 profit. also goes the other way, say you lose 3 or 4 weeks in a row it'd only take one or two weeks to get into the green, as it's only £10 a time you're losing. 

not a bad start from yourself anyway, keep giving us easy 6/4 doubles and i doubt you'll be particularly bothered how much is being put on it! 

Not a bad start at all and as I mentioned in the betting thread I profited in real money aswell, I said I wasn't going to make these bets just yet, I said i'd see what the outcome in virtual money is after a month or so, but I did what I tipped in here (Southampton and Norwich) and added Chelsea to it, don't normally do £10 bets but I did and it returned £30, not bad.

Good work scouse. Shame my others bets meant I made a loss for the weekend lol

good work giving us a winner. likewise though, pretty much all the profit i won yesterday got spunked up the wall today haha. 

Im absolutely delighted to be off to a winning start, thanks to the gritty tenacity of Man Utd, coupled with the brilliance earlier today of Hearts in their convincing win.

Hopefully, this can be the catalyst for more good tips. Well done to all those in profit so far, particularly Hirsty for tipping a great bet.

Top of the League, stop the thing now!! Are we planning on doing a midweek tip as well as a weekend tip?

that is the original plan yes. any tips welcome now for any action taking place from tuesday-friday, there's a whole host of football, domestic and champions league etc as well as racing and other betting opportunities. if we don't get a great response for midweek tips because people don't have time to post, time to check what are their best bets would be or just aren't interested in midweek betting i might change it further down the line to one tip a week, we'll see how it goes and if anyone objects etc. see if you can give us another tasty winner to stay on top! 

I've only just got my head around this. I assume it's too late to join?

seen as we have 3 names on 0 tips after missing the weekend we'll let you in if you like. obviously a week behind though. especially now you've got that winning feeling from the weekend lol

I know you said preferably singles or doubles but can I put a cheeky treble in?

Middlesborough (4/9), Aberdeen (8/13) and Chelsea (3/4).

£10 pays £40.83

If trebles are not allowed i'll take Chelsea out, £10 on a Middlesborough/Aberdeen double pays £23.33.

Archived