Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

going for another double this weekend, trying to make up for the fact neither of my double won midweek lol

Bristol Rovers (vs Dover) @ 8/13

a slight slip up in midweek saw Rovers bring to an end a run of 5 straight wins. they still managed a draw away to Eastleigh though despite playing for most the game with 10 men and ending it with 9. they should beat Dover with relative ease. 

Swansea (vs Newcastle) @ 37/40

unoriginal i know but Swansea are usually solid enough at home. they can, on their day, play exciting attacking football and quite simply, newcastle can't. they are in turmoil. seems an unusually big price? 

a £10 double would return £31.10 with betvictor. 

Great thread, good that folks are backing up their selections with facts and research. Guess that's the whole point of the thread, always good to turn the bookies over.

yeah that is the aim i guess, asking for max. doubles gives people a better chance of winning and hopefully we're going to stay away from what has occasionally become incessant moaning and bemoaning of luck in the betting thread. 

also gives those who aren't sure of a bet or don't know something about a bet a chance to see something that catches the eye in here. i for one backed tiggy wiggy last weekend partly off my own back but was eventually convinced by the support of this thread. things like matt's suggestion of a leicester win to nil seem so obvious but i wouldn't have thought of it, maybe those who plan on having leicester in an acca can double their returns by adding leicester to nil. stuff like that. 

also always nice to have a bit of friendly competition and a record of wins/losses over a period of time. 

Swansea @ 5/6 home to Newcastle. One of the form teams in the league against one of the worst teams on form at the minute who seem in a bit of a muddle.

Bristol City @ 13/10 away at Walsall. Bristol City are flying and have two in form strikers whereas Walsall are struggling. This is a massive price for a team 5 points clear at the top of the league.

£10 double pays £42.17 with SkyBet.

My weekend tip is a horse racing single.

Muthmir to win the Albert Bartlett stakes 6/4 with Bet 365.

Absolutely bolted up at Doncaster a few weeks back despite completely blowing the start to set a course record. Should make the step up to listed class with ease, and doesn't look like it's up against that strong a field. Never came outside the Top 3 with Hannagan on board and only issue is the potential for overnight rain.

£10 returns £25.

Leyton Orient v Swindon @ 3.00

Orient havn't won at home all season with 1 draw and 3 defeats, this whilst playing relatively weak opposition in Chesterfield, Rochdale, Colchester. This leaves them 19th in the league with just 2 wins in 9 games.

Swindon unbeaten in 7 games, 3rd in the league. Last time out they beat Barnsley 3-0 away and 3rd highest scorers in the league.

Walsall v Bristol City @2.50

In fairness Walsall have been impressive at home recently but poor away. They sit 17th in league one.

Despite this I can't look away from Bristol City. They are still unbeaten and have scored at least 2 goals in each away game this season.

The double on Bet 356 is @ 7.5

£10 returns £75

Im going to stick with the small regular winning philosophy (hopefully)

Saturday, October 4th, German Bundesliga, 2:30PM kickoff

Bayer Leverkusen v SC Paderborn (1/3)

Bayer Leverkusen enter this game with the chance to top the table come saturday night, results pending. Taking 11 points so far from a difficult start that has seen them picking up impressive wins against Borussia Dortmund and Hertha Berlin.

Boasting a strong home record at the Bay Arena, Bayer Leverkusen have the joint best attack in the league this season, and are undefeated. They have also only failed to score once this season.

SC Paderborn, in their first season at this level, got off to an excellent start this season, but recent form has matched expectation and back to back losses have rooted them back in midtable. Elias Kachunga has done most of the damage for the club this season, but Bayer Leverkusen will feel if they can keep him quiet, 3 points is very much there for the taking.

Saturday, October 4th, Spanish BBVA Liga, 5PM kickoff

Rayo Vallecano v Barcelona (1/4)

You could make a serious case that Rayo Vallecano are Barcelona’s favourite la liga opponents, certainly in recent history. Barcelona have won all of their previous 5 fixtures with Rayo Vallecano, and recorded an astonishing set of results that reads 7-0, 5-0, 3-1, 4-0 and 6-0, truly astonishing.

Barcelona’s form has been exemplary this season, topping La Liga while taking 16 points from 6 games and not conceding a single goal so far this term.

Rayo Vallecano have made a steady start to the season with 8 points this term. Back to back wins have demonstrated a welcome return to form, but boasting a leaking defence that has conceded 10 goals so far this season wont fill the team with confidence ahead of welcoming the Catalans.

The £10 double returns £16.63 for a £6.33 profit

Barnet vs Eastleigh @ 4/6

Barnet currently sit top of the conference premier and are averaging 2 points per game at home so far this season with 4 wins from their opening 6 home fixtures. Eastleigh on the other hand are struggling in mid-table with indifferent form, picking up only one victory on their travels so far this season.

Hellas Verona vs Cagliari @ 23/20

Cagliari smashed Inter 4-1 at the San Siro in their last trip but disregarding that had only previously won once on the road in the past 18 months. Verona however have proved themselves as an efficient side, narrowly missing out on a Europa League spot last season and currently sitting pretty in 7th so far this season.

£10 pays £35.83.

Another double with decent odds. Not a banker but seems like okay value.

Norwich vs Rotheram

Norwich -1   (6/4)

Norwich know how important it is to not let their good start slip up now, after their surprise defeat midweek. Rotherham have only kept one clean sheet in their last nine away games. Finding a goal shouldn't be too hard for Norwich, and they won't want to sit back and drop more points. They've scored 20 from 10 this season, and from their 6 wins, 5 have been by more than one goal.

Leicester vs Burnley

Leicester to win to nil   (7/4)

Simple enough, Leicester have lost just once at home since before last Christmas. Burnley have scored once this season, and are 36 minutes away from setting a new goal drought club record.

Both of my selected teams are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with their upcoming opponents.

£10 double returns £66.38 with BWIN

Derby to beat Milwall @ 4/5

Should be the definition of a home banker.

Bury to beat Tranmere @ 4/5

Decent odds considering Bury are in good form and sit 3rd in the table and Tranmere have only managed 9 points in 10 games and sit 20th.

£10 double returns £32.40 with bet 365.

And as I missed the week selection.

I'll have a BTTS and a team to win double.

Hull @ 100/30.

Fancy this to be a 2-1/3-2, both teams are capable of scoring but I fancy Hull at home as they should be too strong.

Newcastle @ 7/1.

They've got to win at some point and with everyone writing them off, today could be the day. There will be goals either way and 7/1 is too big of odds to miss.

£10 double returns £346.87 with skybet.

Derby 4/7: In form team playing against a poor millwall side, home banker.

Bristol City 13/10: Going great guns at the top of league 1 and scoring goals for fun at the moment, should have enough firepower to overcome Walsall.

£10 double returns £36.14

And also Ross Kemp how have you got Derby at 4/5 when the best price on oddschecker is 4/7?

Derby 4/7: In form team playing against a poor millwall side, home banker.

Bristol City 13/10: Going great guns at the top of league 1 and scoring goals for fun at the moment, should have enough firepower to overcome Walsall.

£10 double returns £36.14

And also Ross Kemp how have you got Derby at 4/5 when the best price on oddschecker is 4/7?

I checked it at the time of posting and it was 4/5.

Norwich (8/15) v Rotherham - Home win.

Norwich are solid at home and thats enough to get them into my selections this week.

Middlesbrough v Fulham (BTTS) 10/11

Fulham have hit form winning their last two. Middlesbrough are good at home. It will be either be 0-0 or goals, goals, goals.

Double 1.92/1 at Coral. £10 pays £29.92.

I'll join in if that's still ok!

Swansea and Bury double (both been explained by others).

10 pays 33.20 with Skybet.

To catch up I'll do a Sunday one:

Chelsea - always seem to be the reliable side in the big games, home form is always good and Arsenal are seemingly always picked off defensively by the better teams.

West Ham - showing signs of being able to put the ball in the net this season as opposed to last. Defence is still relatively sound and QPR are struggling.

Chelsea and West Ham £10 double pays 31.82 with Skybet.

Cheers.

As usual, I'll mention the alternatives, Chester has three wins and three losses from six home games but all defeats came against title favourites such as Barnet,Torquay and Halifax so they do well against teams around their level. Welling lost 5 out of 6 away games this season.

Kidderminister is a inconsistent side but have a solid home record- 4 wins out of 6 and they are playing the bottom side Telford. 

ScouseFox, can I post three weekend tips to catch up?

With Muthmir being a Non Runner I will change mine to a Football Single.

Charlton to win at home to Birmingham 13/10 with Bet 365.

Charlton have been impressive at home this season, and are unbeaten in the league. By contrast Birmingham have started this season like they ended the last despite beating fellow strugglers Milwall in midweek. Should be a home win and a very generous price. 

Archived