Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

that is the original plan yes. any tips welcome now for any action taking place from tuesday-friday, there's a whole host of football, domestic and champions league etc as well as racing and other betting opportunities. if we don't get a great response for midweek tips because people don't have time to post, time to check what are their best bets would be or just aren't interested in midweek betting i might change it further down the line to one tip a week, we'll see how it goes and if anyone objects etc. see if you can give us another tasty winner to stay on top! 

seen as we have 3 names on 0 tips after missing the weekend we'll let you in if you like. obviously a week behind though. especially now you've got that winning feeling from the weekend lol

Given my record it's probably for the better that I start a week behind lol

Although given there's nothing on it I'll probably blitz the league.

Going for a slightly risky midweek selection. Barton Stacey in the 3.40 @ Chepstow on Tuesday. 3/1. McCoy on board, won both his races in august with AP and has won at tomorrows distance (3m). Not done much research about tomorrows races but this'll do with a virtual tenner.

I'll ask as well - is it too late to join?

I presume we don't actually stake £10 and it is all 'imaginary' ?

I'll add you in if you want, like dan you can start on this midweek's tip.

In the league you'll get a "virtual/imaginary" tenner put on your selections so we can see who's making profit and who isn't, back your own tips if you wish, back any tips you like at your own will. Who knows, after 5 weeks for example Tom17LCFC might've given us 10 winners in a row and we'll all be wanting to be backing his next tip by then.

If you're tipping it to win you've gotta back it though surely, you'd be well pissed if you give a 4/1 winner and don't back it yourself!!

I'd like to get involved :)

Midweek tip is:

CSKA v Bayern Munich

CSKA were hammed by Roma last time out. Bayern showed against Man City they can win against tough opposition even when they don't play well. I can't see anything here other than a Bayern win.

Slovan Bratislava v Napoli

No win in 4 domestically for Slovan in a poor quality league and they were hammered 5-0 away at Young Boys in their last European match. Napoli havn't hit great heights this season but beat Sparta Prague 3-1 a few weeks ago and have 2 wins out of 3 domestic away games thus far.

HNK Rejika v Sevilla

Rejika are a strong team in the Croatian league but let's be honest...it's awful! They lost to Leige in their last european game whilst Sevilla comfortably beat Feyenoord 2-0 and sit 4th in La Liga.

Malmo FF v Olympiakos

Malmo lost 2-0 to Juventus but they got battered all game, having just 1 shot, though they are very strong domestically and look sure to win the Swedish league this season. Not hard though really is it? Olympiakos beat Athletico Madrid 3-2 last time out in Europe and are normally dangerous opponents when they want to be.

Estoril v Panathinaikos

This is the odds booster!

Estoril have conceeded 9 goals at 3 home games so far and sit 15th in the Portugeese league. Panithinikos have Luke Steele on the bench! But more importantly they have won 3 of their last 4 in Greece.

Both suffered narrow defeats by the odd goal in the first European round

£10 returns £254.20

I've just had a fiver on a double so...

PSG vs Barcelona (19/20); Barcelona are still yet to concede a goal this season and PSG are missing both Ibrahimovic & Lavezzi apparently. You've got to fancy them.

BATE Borisov vs Athletic Club (4/5); Whilst Bilbao have started pretty badly, they should be able to beat BATE away, for me.

£10 would return £35.10.

I know you said preferably singles or doubles but can I put a cheeky treble in?

Middlesborough (4/9), Aberdeen (8/13) and Chelsea (3/4).

£10 pays £40.83

If trebles are not allowed i'll take Chelsea out, £10 on a Middlesborough/Aberdeen double pays £23.33.

singles or doubles ideally, makes it more about seeking out value etc and not just combining 8 different 1/4 shots to make a bigger priced multiple that anyone could come up with without much thought. Not saying that's what anyone's done but you get the idea.

I'd like to get involved :)

Midweek tip is:

CSKA v Bayern Munich

CSKA were hammed by Roma last time out. Bayern showed against Man City they can win against tough opposition even when they don't play well. I can't see anything here other than a Bayern win.

Slovan Bratislava v Napoli

No win in 4 domestically for Slovan in a poor quality league and they were hammered 5-0 away at Young Boys in their last European match. Napoli havn't hit great heights this season but beat Sparta Prague 3-1 a few weeks ago and have 2 wins out of 3 domestic away games thus far.

HNK Rejika v Sevilla

Rejika are a strong team in the Croatian league but let's be honest...it's awful! They lost to Leige in their last european game whilst Sevilla comfortably beat Feyenoord 2-0 and sit 4th in La Liga.

Malmo FF v Olympiakos

Malmo lost 2-0 to Juventus but they got battered all game, having just 1 shot, though they are very strong domestically and look sure to win the Swedish league this season. Not hard though really is it? Olympiakos beat Athletico Madrid 3-2 last time out in Europe and are normally dangerous opponents when they want to be.

Estoril v Panathinaikos

This is the odds booster!

Estoril have conceeded 9 goals at 3 home games so far and sit 15th in the Portugeese league. Panithinikos have Luke Steele on the bench! But more importantly they have won 3 of their last 4 in Greece.

Both suffered narrow defeats by the odd goal in the first European round

£10 returns £254.20

as above can you give us a double from that sir?

this midweek i will again be going for a football double. and again going for what i believe to be an overpriced bristol rovers side as half of it.

Bristol Rovers away at Eastleigh @ 6/4

Rovers have won 6 in a row and are on a roll. Eastleigh are at home but are in abit of a slump with just one win in 5. they were 3-0 losers last time out and have recently struggled to draws with the likes of lowly altrincham. cannot ignore a price of 6/4 imo.

And I'll double that up with Wolves vs Huddersfield @ 8/13. Wolves are very strong at home and Udders aren't a great side so far this season, languishing just above the relegation zone. They were tonked 3-0 by Leeds on their last away day and have one win in six. Home win.

Those prices probably aren't the best prices available but I'm in work and odds checker won't load, as a double based on those prices it's a slightly ambitious £10 into £40.38.

City's defeat did for me on Saturday, really should have known better.

Double for tonight is Derby and Schalke. - Bournemouth may have picked up 2 decent draws in last 2 away but Derby have taken max points at home on Tuesday nights so far only dropping points on saturdays. Schalke have hit form again after a draw at Chelsea winning their last 2 in the league including beating Dortmund. 

£10 returns £26.65

No worries, you're the second person to say they'll sit out a midweeker. And we've only got 3 or 4 tips in so far so if there's not much interest in midweek action this week I might call it just one tip a week, we'll see how it goes.

Schalke (1/3) vs Maribor

Have done well recently off the back of a draw at Chelsea. Have hit form in the league again and won the battle of the Ruhr Derby at the weekend, a much needed confidence boost. Added with Maribor being pretty weak. Schalke should be comfortable winner here. For added value also look at the handicap market Schalke -1 is generally priced @ 4/5. Prediction 2-0 (Priced at 13/2 Unibet)

CSKA vs Bayern Munich (4/11)

Need I say more than CSKA in Europe to not live up to their billing and haven't done for some time. Bayern Munich should be winners by a comfortable margin, although I wouldn't rule CSKA out of scoring. Match result Bayern with BTTS could be an interesting selection @ 2/1 as is Bayern -1 @10/11. Prediction (CSKA 1-3 Bayern) 12/1 Bet Victor

£10 double pays £18.10 (Boylesports) 

Should be a banker, but if you want a bigger price, look at the handicap or Match Result BTTS market.

Good luck.

Aberdeen (1/2) and Man City (8/13) double for me.

Aberdeen's home form coupled with Pittodrie being a notoriously difficult place to visit is enough to oppose a St. Mirren team with 1 away league win in their last 11 league trips.

Man City on the other hand will be desperate for the win tonight to avoid falling 6 points behind Roma and possibly Bayern at this early stage of the groups.

£10 pays £24.23.

Going for a slightly risky midweek selection. Barton Stacey in the 3.40 @ Chepstow on Tuesday. 3/1. McCoy on board, won both his races in august with AP and has won at tomorrows distance (3m). Not done much research about tomorrows races but this'll do with a virtual tenner.

Dammit, came 2nd. Oh well can't win 'em all

Another home double for me, see if we can make it. 2 out of 2.

Middlesbrough at home to Blackpool 2/5

Boro unbeaten in 4 against a winless Blackpool. On paper should be a banker home win.

Aberdeen at home to St Mirren 8/15

Aberdeen won their last three at home against St Mirren who have won one all season and lost the other six.

£10 double returns £21.40

I know you said preferably singles or doubles but can I put a cheeky treble in?

Middlesborough (4/9), Aberdeen (8/13) and Chelsea (3/4).

£10 pays £40.83

If trebles are not allowed i'll take Chelsea out, £10 on a Middlesborough/Aberdeen double pays £23.33.

singles or doubles ideally, makes it more about seeking out value etc and not just combining 8 different 1/4 shots to make a bigger priced multiple that anyone could come up with without much thought. Not saying that's what anyone's done but you get the idea.

Ok thats fair enough.

So in my original post I said if I had to knock it down to a double i'd do Middlesborough/Aberdeen double, but like I was saying in the betting thread after the Rangers debacle i'm off Scottish football now (Well I was never the greatest fan of it anyway, far from it!) but i'm going to chance than and go with the Middlesborough/Chelsea double.

Middlesborough/Chelsea double - £10 returns £25.28.

I've just had a fiver on a double so...

PSG vs Barcelona (19/20); Barcelona are still yet to concede a goal this season and PSG are missing both Ibrahimovic & Lavezzi apparently. You've got to fancy them.

BATE Borisov vs Athletic Club (4/5); Whilst Bilbao have started pretty badly, they should be able to beat BATE away, for me.

£10 would return £35.10.

Back to form. Two defeats. Beyond shocking.

Archived