Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hirsty The Blue 94

Team for Swansea?

Exactly some fans are deluded, didn't they learn anything from the last two away games. 

Let's play a diamond in midfield because it worked against Man Utd, let's play a diamond because Cambiasso is some sort of god.

Swansea play two wingers, Manchester United don't, 4-3-3 was the right formation for the United game, 4-5-1/4-3-3 wasn't the right formation for Palace & Newcastle, and it won't be right for Swansea either.

If there's one thing I learnt from the last two away games, in-particular the last one, it's to not play to defend against the opposition's strengths all of the time - but to instead play to our own and give them something to worry about.

What did we give Newcastle to worry about on Saturday?

Don't get me wrong I can completely see your thinking but I think Swansea are stronger than us in nearly all areas. If we play 4-4-2 I think you've got as much case for arguing that Swansea will therefore dominate the midfield. Nathan Dyer is an out and out winger. Is Wayne Routledge? He often cuts inside onto his right foot.

They play very fluid football and that is hard to defend against no matter what our formation is. They will not relish playing Vardy. He's the man they're all going to be wary about.

Exactly some fans are deluded, didn't they learn anything from the last two away games. 

Let's play a diamond in midfield because it worked against Man Utd, let's play a diamond because Cambiasso is some sort of god.

Swansea play two wingers, Manchester United don't, 4-3-3 was the right formation for the United game, 4-5-1/4-3-3 wasn't the right formation for Palace & Newcastle, and it won't be right for Swansea either.

You go on like we were taken apart by the wingers in those games, Palace we shipped two goals from set pieces and Newcastle scored one from a counter attack that was probably the result of us having no one in midfield to stop it.

I'm with Dan, let's get out there and give them something to think about rather than just setting up to try and negate their strengths.

People are going on like Routledge and Dyer are Neymar and Messi.

You go on like we were taken apart by the wingers in those games, Palace we shipped two goals from set pieces and Newcastle scored one from a counter attack that was probably the result of us having no one in midfield to stop it.

I'm with Dan, let's get out there and give them something to think about rather than just setting up to try and negate their strengths.

People are going on like Routledge and Dyer are Neymar and Messi.

I wouldn't expect a diamond.

Obertan caused problems and his goal came from our right back playing CAM and no cover on the wing. Cisse found space out wide all game and took advantage

Bolasie caused us all sorts of problems and if he had more end product and composure he could have had a field day.

Baines & Pienar caused us problems.

Yea the last 2 games Swansea have played a 4-2-3-1 formation so it does seem wise to pack the midfield but they have Richards(or Rangel), Taylor, dyer & routledge who all like to push forward out wide.

We would be left well exposed outwide as seen in most of our previous games this season and I think Pearson will see it as a must to revert back to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 that's our best formation and its more attacking. Yes we won't soak possession up in the middle like we have in our previous 3 games but we got 1 point! We need to attack how we did last season and the start of this season.

I'd rather see us lose 3-2 with our heads held high, than lose 1-0 with 1 shot on target.

When you have routledge, dyer, Sigurdsson(who in my eyes is one of the best in the league) bony, Ki and shelvey in the oppositions line up... We just need to attack attack attack and hope we can out score them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there will be some changes for this game.

Schmeichel (although I think he is close to being dropped as his distribution has been abysmal the last few games)

Simpson (in for Ritchie who has gone off the boil and also been lucky not to get reds in the last two games)

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Drinkwater (needs a bit of encouragement to play like he did in the second half against Newcastle. I actually think Cambiasso is stifling him a little. Cambiasso has also become very self indulgent recently with some of his passing and free kicks)

King - in for James who still isn't fit. Has more energy and back in Wales

Mahrez (was tempted to keep Albrighton who is getting harsh criticism on here. Wasn't that bad, yes, he started poorly but improved) to cut in against Taylor who is strong on left but weak right

Nugent buzzing in and around Ulloa but also filling in at midfield and on Ki and Shelvey

Vardy - wide left against Rangel. He can drift in and support Ulloa and will give Rangel who is slower and prefers attacking a terrible time. Rangel doesn't like a battle or pace and Vards will give him that. Rangel liable to give away pens too

Ulloa - was thinking of dropping him as he has been poor last few games and also worried Williams will be too physical. Then thought that he did a great job against physical Stoke when he had support. I'd fancy him to do that here if he isn't so isolated

Subs:

Hamer

Was

De Laet

James

Cambiasso

Wood

Albrighton

Kasper   

Morgan                                          Moore

Simpson                                                                                                                                Konchesky

Cambiasso

James                                                                         Drinkwater

Mahrez                                                                                                                     Vardy

Ulloa

Hopefully they don't attack us down our left hand side.

what do you suggest easy to switch to this

Kasper   

Simpson                                                                                                                                Konchesky

Cambiasso

James                                Drinkwater                                     Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa

Kasper   

Cambiasso

James                                                                         Drinkwater

Mahrez                                                                                                                     Vardy

Ulloa

Ahh, the space invader formation.

Important things:

Vardy and Nugent aren't wingers. They shouldn't play as such unless injury forces it.

433 will only work against horrible narrow teams: Swansea are not such a team.

We need to keep and use the ball a LOT better than in the last game and a half.

So:

Kasper

RDL Moore Wes Konch

Knockaert King James Mahrez

Nugent Vardy

Knocky's a better defensive option than Mahrez and will hopefully cover RDL's eccentricities.

King is better on the ball than anyone else we have.

Vardy needs to be on from the start, and IMO is better with Nuge than Leo.

Don't think anyone would claim that's our best eleven players, but I don't think you can change much (perhaps Knocky for Albrighton) without weakening it.

Important things:

Vardy and Nugent aren't wingers. They shouldn't play as such unless injury forces it.

433 will only work against horrible narrow teams: Swansea are not such a team.

We need to keep and use the ball a LOT better than in the last game and a half.

So:

Kasper

RDL Moore Wes Konch

Knockaert King James Mahrez

Nugent Vardy

Knocky's a better defensive option than Mahrez and will hopefully cover RDL's eccentricities.

King is better on the ball than anyone else we have.

Vardy needs to be on from the start, and IMO is better with Nuge than Leo.

Don't think anyone would claim that's our best eleven players, but I don't think you can change much (perhaps Knocky for Albrighton) without weakening it.

I think the time is ripe to give Simpson a start at right-back.

Interesting move to bring King back in, I wouldn’t mind seeing that.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing what RDL can do as a right-midfielder, and I think he’d certainly be preferable to Knockaert - especially away from home.

We need to grind out a result on Saturday, and Knocky is not a grinder!

My 11 would be

Kasp

Simpson – moore – morgan – konch

Mahrez – Drinky – james – Schlupp

Nugent

Vardy

Schmeichel

Moore               Was          Wes           De Laet

Cambiasso

Knockaert                   Drinkwater                      Mahrez

Nuge                    Vardy

Go back to last seasons players, with the exeption of Cambiasso coming in!

Three points all the way with this team, anything else i feel we we struggle to get a draw!

Schmeichel

Moore Was Wes De Laet

Cambiasso

Knockaert Drinkwater Mahrez

Nuge Vardy

Go back to last seasons players, with the exeption of Cambiasso coming in!

Three points all the way with this team, anything else i feel we we struggle to get a draw!

I wouldn't be mad keen on playing Moore out of position and RDL in the opposite full back position. It's untried and away from home, in the premiership isn't the stage to test it out imo.

Agree with people saying we should go back to championship regulars to a certain extent. Whilst I see the logic behind it I also think we have players to cause Swansea problems above and beyond what we could have done last year. If we can adapt a system that works for us and will cause them the most problems by using the new additions like Cambiasso, Ulloa and Simpson then we would be foolish not to. Whether that is a 4-3-3, 4-5-1 or the standard 4-4-2 doesn't bother me but I'm not sure I like the idea of signing quality players for the league above just to go back to the old system of last year because we haven't clicked into a regular winning formula yet - we 100% have the players to do that.

Controversial but i'd rest Ulloa and use him for the last 20/30 mins.

Away from home, we need to pressurize more from the front which is something Vardy and Nugent do well so i'd start Nugent just behind Vardy....

Mahrez and Albrighton either side then James and Drinkwater sitting as i think we need more legs in midfield than Cambiasso or Hammond. Harsh again on King but for this game i think that would work best.

Defensively only change i'd make is Simpson for De Laet. Changing anymore in the back 4 would be an error imo

Swansea play two wingers. We won't make the palace mistake. Will be 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2. I suspect we will go back to 4-4-1-1 with nugent pressing shelvey. expect DD and MJ to be the middle 2 with mahrez and schlupp wide to help with Routledge and dyer. Pearson could play vardy up top instead of ulloa. Depending on whether simpson's fitness numbers are good, he could get a start.

Spot on for me.

Archived