Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Relegation

There are no bonus points or games in this division, every single one we should look to win or take points from. These last few matches have been poor and we need serious improvement but I really hope we don't become a side that prioritises certain matches and isn't bothered about results against top sides.

We all knew when we got promoted that it was going to tough. If we are in a relegation dog fight then so be it, it's expected. If we are relegated so be it.

Remember that this season is NOT going to be like the last season. This is NOT the championship. If we go down we will have millions in the bank.

Also Pearson is still the right man for the job even if we are relegated. We need to get behind the team and push them so that we finish mid table or even push for Europe.

At last some sanity, between the mayhem of dire and over expectant posts.

Just don't understand how people come to this sort of view. You have to look at the season as a whole, not just the four games that support your conclusion.

Probably because we've been here before under Pearson. It's all resembling February to April 2013 a little too closely for me. I'm starting to think Pearson got lucky last year in that we won the first game and then rarely slipped up meaning he never actually had to do much and the team pretty much picked itself. Now that he's got to start earning his money and make some decisions he's looking a little lost.

There's a thread about a tombola somewhere and it wouldn't surprise me if that's how our midfield and strikers are being selected. I don't buy that we're changing the team according to the opposition, I just think he's swapping things around and hoping to get lucky. I expect numerous changes again for West Brom, and should we win I'm pretty sure the team for the game after would be unchanged regardless of who it was against.

We need to pick a system that suits our players and pick the best players for that formation. If that means leaving out Ulloa or Vardy or Nugent then so be it.

Now in 17th :/

It's still early days in the grand scheme of things.

West Brom or Palace (can't remember which) were bottom at Christmas once and still survived.

I'd rather be 17th now and improve/learn from mistakes now as opposed to being 17th on the last day of the season drastically needing a win to survive with no nails left!

We always was going to be in a battle (in a perfect world I'd love us not too) although we do have a good squad I don't rate us with most of the teams.

Swansea are a team that everyone are tipping to be in the battle at the end of the season with us, they look a lot more quality than us, defensively strong (did we get a shot away inside their box) and Bony and Sigurdsson are quality partnership- we don't have that type of quality and link up play.

Don't get me wrong, I love the passion and desire our players show towards LCFC but confidence has always been a worry, we went through last season so confident and with that builds team building etc depending how we start reacting to these losses will show the strength of character in our team, we are looking deflated.

Swansea won't be in a relegation battle. They are a good side and beat us in second gear. But that doesn't tell the whole story - we were so below the level we can play at it was untrue.

We couldn't string two passes together and had Ulloa up front on his own, of course they are going to look defensively strong - our tactics gave us no chance of scoring. If we'd played Yeovil with that system we'd have struggled to score.

We've showed some fantastic link up play in our first few games, did you not see us megging 3 Man United players in 10 seconds? Or the build up to that chance at Stoke where Cambiasso dummied it and Drinky ran through the middle? Or the build up to Mahrez's goal against Burnley? Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Now you're just speaking complete falsehoods if you're saying we haven't got the quality to put some cutting moves together against a side playing appallingly as Swansea did last night.

Swansea might be better than us when we're both at our best but the likes of Sunderland, QPR, Burnley, Newcastle, Villa, West Brom and Stoke aren't. We have the quality to finish above those sides, absolutely no question. If only the manager believed in his side.

The Man United game was a freak, let's be honest. A glorious one, but we had an amazing half an hour after 60 minutes of being outplayed. It wasn't a 90-minute joyous experience.

We need to win a game, doesn't matter how so that people (pundits and fans alike) can stop talking about the Man United game as a barometer rather than the wonderful, once in a decade comeback it was.

If you want to ignore the Man Utd game for the sake of argument then lets use the Everton (deserved a draw), Arsenal (were the better team), Chelsea (if Nugent could finish we may have got a deserved point/win) and Stoke (once our best midfield players came on we looked a quality side) games as a barometer instead.

The Man Utd game wasn't a freak at all in terms of performance. The comeback was unreal and the result unbelievable but we won that game through quality. It was a result that was coming on the basis of the four matches before it.

Swansea won't be in a relegation battle. They are a good side and beat us in second gear. But that doesn't tell the whole story - we were so below the level we can play at it was untrue.

We couldn't string two passes together and had Ulloa up front on his own, of course they are going to look defensively strong - our tactics gave us no chance of scoring. If we'd played Yeovil with that system we'd have struggled to score.

We've showed some fantastic link up play in our first few games, did you not see us megging 3 Man United players in 10 seconds? Or the build up to that chance at Stoke where Cambiasso dummied it and Drinky ran through the middle? Or the build up to Mahrez's goal against Burnley? Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Now you're just speaking complete falsehoods if you're saying we haven't got the quality to put some cutting moves together against a side playing appallingly as Swansea did last night.

Swansea might be better than us when we're both at our best but the likes of Sunderland, QPR, Burnley, Newcastle, Villa, West Brom and Stoke aren't. We have the quality to finish above those sides, absolutely no question. If only the manager believed in his side.

West Brom are streets ahead of you. Don't kid yourself.

I agree you might not have the quality but your effort and commitment can't be questioned.

Unfortunately that's something we've lacked in the last few games. Ings took his goal very well I thought today.

He did, but his mind isn't on it, he thinks he's better than he is, and is just playing for a move and refusing to sign a new contract. The effort is there to see, it's like that every game, but the lack of quality, particularly up front is pathetic. And there's only Dyche to blame for that.

He did, but his mind isn't on it, he thinks he's better than he is, and is just playing for a move and refusing to sign a new contract. The effort is there to see, it's like that every game, but the lack of quality, particularly up front is pathetic. And there's only Dyche to blame for that.

Did Dyche come out with the usual post match tripe moaning that Everton spend all the money in the world?

Like others have said, plenty of effort from Burnley but a real lack of quality.

Our issue at the minute is that we do have some quality in the side but aren't applying ourselves against the middle tier of the prem.

Genuine question; is this a common feeling amongst your fans? Are the fans likely to turn on him if results dont improve?

Did Dyche come out with the usual post match tripe moaning that Everton spend all the money in the world?

Like others have said, plenty of effort from Burnley but a real lack of quality.

Our issue at the minute is that we do have some quality in the side but aren't applying ourselves against the middle tier of the prem.

There was a comment about 'spending a few quid on Lukaku' made me laugh anyway.

We were certainly a poor second best yesterday. We really struggled to get the ball, let alone use it. Swansea really showed us how good the average teams are in the Premiership. Their one touch football was quite brilliant at times, and I trust those over zealous fans of ours, who reckoned we would have no problems cutting it, have realized just how hard it is to stay in the top flight.

That said, I hope the players have learned something in the past few weeks, post Man. Utd., and are prepared to pull on a City shirt, and collectively be determined to prove that we belong in the top league.

Oh, and please Pearson, don't keep picking RDL. He will never be Premiership standard, and is a liability!

Archived