Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Relegation

We did score five against Manchester United though.

Where that team has gone is beyond me.

True, but that's starting to look like a huge exception to the rule. I think it has far more bearing on United than us (though we did play some beautiful football in the last 30).

That shouldn't be used as a barometer of how good a team is!, come on WBA scored 5 against Man U a couple seasons back.

Nor should the number of goals scored against Palace and Swansea.

Nor should the number of goals scored against Palace and Swansea.

True, I honestly didn't expect us to be in a relegation scrap this season I thought we would finish 14th, and we still may but obviously this league is much more harder or rather the bottom half teams are much more difficult than I anticipated.

Come Monday evening the bottom three could be the teams promoted last season and forth bottom one of the sides that went up the season before.  Given that Cardiff went back down that leaves Hull as the only side making a proper fist of it in the Premier League.

Shows you how big the gulf is really.

People are well within their rights to criticize the utter shite we've served up these past few weeks and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very worried but imho the comments about us being 'down already' are a bit embarrassing. There's a long way to go yet and things can change pretty quickly - look at Newcastle.

• 4 weeks later...

A better club in every way, apparently.

You're basing your judgement on the last three games.

If you base your judgement on the first five games, we're good enough to finish in the top 10.

At least we will keep the squad that got us up last time.... Can't see any player being sold for big money if we go down as they have all been shit!

They are all on premier league money now as well!

I just find it strange that with all the hard work it took to get us up that they didn't invest big to give us a chance,unless it was Pearson who told the owners that the players he had would be good enough.There is a massive gulf between Championship and Premier League and our lads just aren't good enough unfortunately,barring a miracle I can't see us staying up.Gutted.

Archived