Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Relegation

No I'm not a betting man,

My point is that we are gonna lose a lot more than we win,so start off by getting used to losing,

Imo there are 4 teams worse than us,so on that theory we will finish 16th at best

Don't you mean "16th at worst"?

It is dangerous to be hypothetical about what other teams are capable of, and calling it a fact.

We are lucky that the likes of QPR, Burnley and Newcastle are all just as bad if not worse. Gonna have a right battle on our hands though if we're not careful.

Sorry but forget Newcastle, their bad run is over.They'll lose games but they wont be in a mess like their neighbours

Sunderland.

If you want to ignore the Man Utd game for the sake of argument then lets use the Everton (deserved a draw), Arsenal (were the better team), Chelsea (if Nugent could finish we may have got a deserved point/win) and Stoke (once our best midfield players came on we looked a quality side) games as a barometer instead.

The Man Utd game wasn't a freak at all in terms of performance. The comeback was unreal and the result unbelievable but we won that game through quality. It was a result that was coming on the basis of the four matches before it.

Ok, that still suggests we aren't a terrible side on the verge of the abyss, as some seem to believe. We've had a dip because our performances were so good. I reckon at the start of the season our current points tally and position are what was expected, only we've got them in the wrong order.

We had a quality 30 minutes where we were relentless and believed in ourselves, that's what we need to do again, starting on Saturday, for 60-90 minutes. The problem is we've had no middle ground so far, feast and famine in terms of goals and performances.

But after the first 5 games nobody would have expected it....so what is your point?

Well no that's no true, I fully expected us to struggle over the course of the season and a smash and grab against Stoke, and a game of sheer lunacy against an out of sorts Man U at home didn't change that. 

I don't doubt you were checking where the 2016 Champions Leauge final was being held and booking your hotel but don't tar us all with your deluded brush.

If you want to ignore the Man Utd game for the sake of argument then lets use the Everton (deserved a draw), Arsenal (were the better team), Chelsea (if Nugent could finish we may have got a deserved point/win) and Stoke (once our best midfield players came on we looked a quality side) games as a barometer instead.

The Man Utd game wasn't a freak at all in terms of performance. The comeback was unreal and the result unbelievable but we won that game through quality. It was a result that was coming on the basis of the four matches before it.

Kitch we battled well and played positively in parts of all those games, but not in a single one of them were we the better team, the draw was about right against Everton, in no way shape or form were we better than Arsenal, if they'd had Wellbeck up front we'd of lost. They had the vast majority of the ball and had endless attempts at goal we were just fortunate Sanogo was up front. We were out played by Chelsea  for large portions of the away game and despite being a very spirited performance, we deserved nothing from the game. And the "quality side" comment re the stoke game is the best, we had one shot on goal and scored it it was the definition of smash and grab. they smashed us in the first half, and should of taken a commanding lead into half time. Granted second half we improved but if getting one shot on target via a quick breakaway (which granted won us the game) in 45 minutes and needing your sub keeper to make great saves in order to maintain that lead on more than one occasion is your definition of a "quality side" you've exceeding low standards.

I'd be happy to wager that in those four games you mention there were over a 100 attempts made at our goal and we didn't muster half of that amount, and that we averaged less than 40% possession.

September wasnt bad, October diabolical, now we need a good November, and fair December.

We just have to put some light and warmth , into the dank cold Dark months.

Pearsons squad now has to do the hard and dirty work, they now have to earn their keep and right to stay.

Just for the Swansea game, they owe the fans and themselves improved performances.It isnt the losses, its the how, and lack

of simple football discipline.They have to learn how to play the simple and straightforward passes and moves again.

We need to get the duos and small groups together, we should start with James and Drinkwater, it was these 2 last season

that gave us the team binding, and distribution.It seemed yesterday when in possession ,quick 1- 2s were the order of the day

instead of retention.

Kitch we battled well and played positively in parts of all those games, but not in a single one of them were we the better team, the draw was about right against Everton, in no way shape or form were we better than Arsenal, if they'd had Wellbeck up front we'd of lost. They had the vast majority of the ball and had endless attempts at goal we were just fortunate Sanogo was up front. We were out played by Chelsea  for large portions of the away game and despite being a very spirited performance, we deserved nothing from the game. And the "quality side" comment re the stoke game is the best, we had one shot on goal and scored it it was the definition of smash and grab. they smashed us in the first half, and should of taken a commanding lead into half time. Granted second half we improved but if getting one shot on target via a quick breakaway (which granted won us the game) in 45 minutes and needing your sub keeper to make great saves in order to maintain that lead on more than one occasion is your definition of a "quality side" you've exceeding low standards.

I'd be happy to wager that in those four games you mention there were over a 100 attempts made at our goal and we didn't muster half of that amount, and that we averaged less than 40% possession.

It might hurt, but that is the honest truth.

No, Dyche can do no wrong. Any anger at the moment is towards the boards and Lee Hoos.

I really feel sorry for you with that knobrash at the helm. Hoos set us back about two years by forcing out Pearson in 2010.

That's true, I don't think we have been the "dominant" side in any game, other than 50% of the Burnley game. That is worrying. Points against the likes of Man United is always nice, but we seem to be so far behind our close rivals at the moment, and I haven't seen anything to suggest we are much more than relegation fodder.

We aren't going to stay up on our away form and the only home game we've fluffed so far we only dropped points with a ninetieth minute set piece that nine times out of ten would have blazed over the bar.

We knew the first half of the season would be much harder than the second, we've got a transfer window at half way and we're still out of reach of QPR and Burnley.

Who would have said they'd be upset if we lost to Newcastle and Swansea away? I know there's been cause for concern in the performances and some of the team selections but I don't think we're anywhere near panic stations yet.

If we go out limp wristed next week and are equally shit then alright. Until then, chin up eh?

Bang on. We should be looking down the table. As long as we have a points gap between us and 18th then we should be happy

We've already shown on our day we are a very capable team at this level. We've also shown in the recent past that we are capable of putting a horrendous run of results together that spans months rather than weeks - I just hope this is a short blip that doesn't lead us into any proper danger. Sure we'll be OK but we really need to play with more intent

That performance was relegation standard football, no two ways about it.  That game has to be a contender for the most inept passing performance from a Premier League team this season.  My money's still on us staying up but the sheer ineffectiveness of our play in Swansea is rightly going to alarm people.  Vardy may have whipped that cross in for Ulloa against Man Utd, but he isn't a winger - the only way we can fit all 3 of our main strikers into the same formation is to have Nuge in a number 10 role behind Vardy and Ulloa.  Since Nige seems to insist on doing so, why not try this set up:

Kasper

De Laet  Moore Morgan  Konch

Cambi

Mahrez                          Schlupp

Nugent

Vardy  Ulloa

It probably won't work but at least it would make more sense.

I think some of our fans are getting a little carried away. We are not going to walk the league like we did last year. We are going to lose a lot more games, and it's better that we have a dodgy spell now rather than in March or April. I don't think we'll go down though, because I think there are three sides that are worse than we are. If we win against West Brom, Sunderland, QPR and maybe Liverpool this will all be forgotten. I agree our away form is poor, but our home form is going to be a major contribution this season, and we need the fans together and getting behind the team.

Did Dyche come out with the usual post match tripe moaning that Everton spend all the money in the world?

Like others have said, plenty of effort from Burnley but a real lack of quality.

Our issue at the minute is that we do have some quality in the side but aren't applying ourselves against the middle tier of the prem.

Or the bottom half!!! lol!!!

We are certainly playing like one of the worst three teams in the Premiership right now. And have been for too long.

We need to get back to pressing, passing, moving, proper team balance and partnerships. It's that simple.

You can't win games scoring zero as I've reminded Pearson on a few occasions in the past.

But I wouldn't necessarily blame our strikers for the lack of goals any more than our centre-backs for the goals against.

It's about teamwork. Moving forward and back as a unit and everyone taking responsibility.

Col city fan made a wonderful point about the Swansea goals when he mentioned that you can't have defenders falling back to contain talented forwards without midfielders helping to track the runners because there's no way back if the forwards get behind the centre-backs at that depth.

The only alternative is to have fast full-backs covering on a pulley system. It's a bit old fashioned but the system I always used as a manager - and ideal for both DeLaet and Schlupp. I never trusted to a flat back four. Quick thinkers and movers just destroy that system. 

I totally agree except for the center Backs. It's like there shying away from marking the main strikers at corners and set pieces. Like Bony's free header that should never happen. Big Was would have hit him a Knee or a slap even if he wasn't winning the ball. I hope Nigel lets them know that. Schlupp is our best left sided player and we look more balanced when he plays on the left. Yes I know he misses some chances but al least he get in positions to get them. He will improve the more chances he gets and he's young.

DD offers very little on the right side. He never gets behind De Laet to cover when needed and never gets into the corner when Delaet breaks forward. In short he's not mobile enough for this division. James in that position would offer more. He stronger in the tackle and a better passer of the Ball.

The it's one from three King, Hammond. or Cambiaso depending on who were playing and home or away.

We still need a big strong lad over 6 ft who is mobile in the middle. It might be even worth trying Ulloa in the middle as he can play and not afraid to get knocked about with Nuge and Vardy up front.

I suspect we'll be in a relegation battle all season, along with about 10 others.

Teams will switch positions regularly in the bottom half. 

We're better than Burnley and QPR, as we proved last season and nothing has changed, and we're probably on a par with half a dozen others.

Our players / manager haven't got much PL experience and are learning on the job as well as making mistakes.

PS As passionate as we all are about our team, I'll never understand why some fans have such extreme, vicious views about it.

Watched the Burnley match against Everton and judging that against our latest performance we're not the better side

Stats don't prove everything but...

Burnley       LCFC

Possession                           38%            51%

Shots on target                     3                 4

We are a better side than Burnley with a stronger first XI and much deeper squad. 

the only points any promoted side has got in the past 4 game weeks has been ourselves and burnley both getting one point... against each other.

whilst we are on a bad run we are still comfortably better than burnley and qpr we just need to show it and stop dicking about being shit

Stats don't prove everything but...

Burnley       LCFC

Possession                           38%            51%

Shots on target                     3                 4

We are a better side than Burnley with a stronger first XI and much deeper squad. 

To me that just proves that stats like those are over-used. Burnley definitely looked better against Everton than we did against Swansea.

Archived