Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Relegation

Kitch we battled well and played positively in parts of all those games, but not in a single one of them were we the better team, the draw was about right against Everton, in no way shape or form were we better than Arsenal, if they'd had Wellbeck up front we'd of lost. They had the vast majority of the ball and had endless attempts at goal we were just fortunate Sanogo was up front. We were out played by Chelsea  for large portions of the away game and despite being a very spirited performance, we deserved nothing from the game. And the "quality side" comment re the stoke game is the best, we had one shot on goal and scored it it was the definition of smash and grab. they smashed us in the first half, and should of taken a commanding lead into half time. Granted second half we improved but if getting one shot on target via a quick breakaway (which granted won us the game) in 45 minutes and needing your sub keeper to make great saves in order to maintain that lead on more than one occasion is your definition of a "quality side" you've exceeding low standards.

I'd be happy to wager that in those four games you mention there were over a 100 attempts made at our goal and we didn't muster half of that amount, and that we averaged less than 40% possession.

Exactly, also in the four bigger games we had a tempo and intensity that for me would have been impossible to keep up the whole season.

Pointless in pointing out a few shocks against bigger clubs as some sort or barometer of how good we are. Plenty of teams have gone down still after getting a few good results against big clubs.

I find it a bit strange that so many of our fans laugh at the prospect of relegation this season. It's a very realistic thing if truth be told.

Of course it is, it was from the very start but why spend the whole season worrying about it. If we're honest QPR and Burnley are nailed on and if we continue with our points to games ratio then we should be alright.

If we continue to play how we have the past few games then we'll be down

I like to think of myself knowing quite a bit about football (don't we all) but I totally underestimated the quality of the Prem. Even sides that I thought we were as good as look way stronger than I realised eg Hull, WBA, Stoke etc.

I also thought players such as Drinkwater, De Laet and James would prove their class in this league. Wrong so far.

It's gonna be a long season

I find it a bit strange that so many of our fans laugh at the prospect of relegation this season. It's a very realistic thing if truth be told.

Who's laughing? It's always been a prospect for us. Same as for half the teams in this division.

I think we've shown enough to suggest we'll be OK...

The fact that we have more points than the other two promoted sides PUT TOGETHER shows how well we've done.

I like to think of myself knowing quite a bit about football (don't we all) but I totally underestimated the quality of the Prem. Even sides that I thought we were as good as look way stronger than I realised eg Hull, WBA, Stoke etc.

I also thought players such as Drinkwater, De Laet and James would prove their class in this league. Wrong so far.

It's gonna be a long season

I don't think you're necessarily wrong - there was always going to be a bit of a learning curve for a lot of our players.

It's now a question of how those players respond when they're not winning every week. 

Our player's have the ability and technique, but do they also have the strength of character that is required to get through a losing streak?

Of course it is, it was from the very start but why spend the whole season worrying about it. If we're honest QPR and Burnley are nailed on and if we continue with our points to games ratio then we should be alright.

If we continue to play how we have the past few games then we'll be down

I think once Vokes is fit for Burnley they may just survive hope they do

FFS, we're a quarter of the way through the season, and we are miles better than either QPR or Burnley, and I think we are better than Sunderland as well.

Nine points from ten games is at least four more than most of us would have expected.

Staying up.

FFS, we're a quarter of the way through the season, and we are miles better than either QPR or Burnley, and I think we are better than Sunderland as well.

Nine points from ten games is at least four more than most of us would have expected.

Staying up.

Please don't f**king exaggerate, Burnley for certainty, but QPR I am not so sure. Sunderland who the f**k knows we will find out when we play them in 2 weeks time.

Burnley and QPR are still down, and I think realistically between us and Sunderland we look slightly better. We'll just scrape it, but we need to start firing up front again soon. Just a goal next week, just a bit of confidence for Vardy or Ulloa - 28 games left to go it's not too bad as yet, but we need to find the finishing touch again.

Staying up.

We're not miles better than QPR though, are we? On what basis are you actually making that call? They scored against Chelsea away today at least, we couldn't score against Newcastle, Swansea, Palace or West Brom.

We are better than Burnley. That's the only team I can comfortably say we are superior too. And even then, we couldn't beat them at home, and they out-played us for 45 minutes.

9 points from 10 games is NOT a good return.

We're not miles better than QPR though, are we? On what basis are you actually making that call? They scored against Chelsea away today at least, we couldn't score against Newcastle, Swansea, Palace or West Brom.

We are better than Burnley. That's the only team I can comfortably say we are superior too. And even then, we couldn't beat them at home, and they out-played us for 45 minutes.

9 points from 10 games is NOT a good return.

We did score five against Manchester United though.

Where that team has gone is beyond me.

Archived