Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

No Captain

Well who would do the coin toss then??? What a plonker

He said managers have total control, and Captains have no role...

And then he complained about coaches giving subs tactics before they go on the pitch.

So, Managers have control yet the players should just play.

Old men, they get themselves confused!

There are different types of captains in football.

I doubt anybody would argue that John Terry hasnt done anything other than exceptionally as Chelsea captain under Mourinho for instance. He both leads by example, on the pitch and never shuts up. Organising, directing the other players.

Some other Captains merely seem to lead because they are good players. Morgan seems to be this type. He doesnt seem to shout much, but gives 'his all' most games, so is a role model in this respect.

Most football managers, I suspect, like their captains to be doing a lot of their instructing whilst on the pitch. If done well, the captaincy role is crucial to gaining success, I think.

You'd like to think Paul Konchesky would step up into that role being our most experienced player.

Did anyone notice Ashley Williams just after they came out after halftime having them in a huddle and speaking to them. To me that showed a lot of leadership qualities.

He is far from that.

Miles behind Cambiasso.

Cambiasso looks like a natural leader and organiser to be fair. When I've watched him he never shuts up, is pointing and instructing the other players.

This season is completely different to our exceptional run in the Championship.

It's now pull your socks up and dig-in time. I do agree, we need someone to lead by example and to be the 'leader of men' on the pitch. I've never seen Morgan as this type of player. He leads by example, but I don't see him being sufficiently verbal.

Cambiasso would be my bet for this.

Agree completely. 

I think Top should but the entire of Leicester and create his own mini North Korea.

Everyone has to choose from 2 government sanctioned haircut: the Pearson buzzcut or the Jamie Vardy dreadlock spectacular from the beginning of the 2013-14 season.

Everyday you are required to moan about swapping the Kop and Family Stand, how we should of signed Lee Cattermole or whether Kevin Phillips is doing his job.

Failure to comply results in either your entire family being abducted by Was or De Laet punching you in a pub whilst Knockaert and Schlupp are good lads.

Now THAT is strong leadership.

I think people don't realise that a captain is more than someone who wears the armband on the pitch.

People say "let's change the captain" what's that going to achieve that people can prove has worked?

Changing the captain could lead to massive changing room unrest, cause management to lose the dressing room and make players unhappy.

Morgan has been a great captain for us and is doing fine this season. No one was moaning last season.

I seem to recall Bobby Moore did alright as a captain and he wasn't an angry, shouty sort.

The comment about not listening to someone with a heavy italian accent [sic] is a bit daft.  Of course all the worlds great thinkers and motivators spoke fluent english.  I for one dismiss anything Einstein said as tosh and piffle, since he couldn't be bothered to learn english without an accent.

Football, from sunday league to premier league, is about organisation. 11 Ballotelli's will win nothing given they they will all be going in opposite directions.  A relatively poor side, in comparison to others, will do well if they are well organised.  MON's Leicester, Greece in the Euros, Ipswich under Bobby Robson.  Look at Bournemouth at the moment.

We need ALL of the players to step up and take responsibility.  TBH I see it almost every week.  I haven't seen anyone "hide".  One or two could be a little more vocal but then James, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Moore, De Laet, Schlupp are still young and certainly inexperienced.  There's no point shouting and pointin if you've really no idea who to be shouting at and where to be pointing.

I keep saying, this season is about hanging on.  Next season is for moaning if we are still in the prem and still in this predicament.

Cambiasso looks like a natural leader and organiser to be fair. When I've watched him he never shuts up, is pointing and instructing the other players.

This season is completely different to our exceptional run in the Championship.

It's now pull your socks up and dig-in time. I do agree, we need someone to lead by example and to be the 'leader of men' on the pitch. I've never seen Morgan as this type of player. He leads by example, but I don't see him being sufficiently verbal.

Cambiasso would be my bet for this.

Time will tell on Cambiasso if he stays past this season but we're half way through this season and it's not looking as though anyone is close to showing the leadership qualities one might believe we need to pull us through. The team as a whole is working hard and IMO if one player game in and game out showed a strength of character to lead we would be in a better position now.

That being said, living a million miles away, I only have the ability to make my judgement from watching the games on the TV.

Most of the shouty players are usually shouting to blame somebody about something rather than motivating like some think. If Schmeichel is shouting it's usually to blame someone rather than praising or organising. Nugent usually blames other people for his mistakes as well so it's not as if shouting makes somebody captain material - if the players trust and like Wes there's no reason to change, he's good at winning the cointoss as well.

Archived