Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

No Captain

Morgan is the captain and the best man for the job. There was no moans last season.

We have some very fickle fans.

That isn't true, there have been a number of threads about Morgan and his suitability as captain over the last few seasons, most agreeing that whilst he is the best/only candidate for the job, he isn't a good captain.

That isn't true, there have been a number of threads about Morgan and his suitability as captain over the last few seasons, most agreeing that whilst he is the best/only candidate for the job, he isn't a good captain.

How isnt Wes a good captain then? Unless you've shared the training ground, dressing room and pitch with him how can you say so?

There's more to a captain than being a presence on the pitch.

Cambiasso looks like a natural leader and organiser to be fair. When I've watched him he never shuts up, is pointing and instructing the other players.

This season is completely different to our exceptional run in the Championship.

It's now pull your socks up and dig-in time. I do agree, we need someone to lead by example and to be the 'leader of men' on the pitch. I've never seen Morgan as this type of player. He leads by example, but I don't see him being sufficiently verbal.

Cambiasso would be my bet for this.

How isnt Wes a good captain then? Unless you've shared the training ground, dressing room and pitch with him how can you say so?

well using your own points how do you know he is a good captain?

Cambiasso looks like a natural leader and organiser to be fair. When I've watched him he never shuts up, is pointing and instructing the other players.

It's now pull your socks up and dig-in time. I do agree, we need someone to lead by example and to be the 'leader of men' on the pitch. I've never seen Morgan as this type of player. He leads by example, but I don't see him being sufficiently verbal.

this is gona sound racist but if i had some bloke speak english to me with a heavy italian acent im not gonna take him to seriously tbh

yh he won a champions league and seria but if i cant understand him ill do my own thing there

I hate to bring this up but go back to the Watford game a few years back, some could argue that Wes Morgan was at fault because he should have realised the situation in hand and ensured the over-excited 20 year old winger didn't take the penalty. Of course, I'm being pedantic.

Looking at the positives, Morgan's calmness is admirable at times. So many players try and push him around (note the word 'try') and he keeps a level head throughout. I've never seem him retaliate too aggressively. Some may argue that his lack of aggressiveness is a negative. 

The argument that we have several captains at the club is very true: Schmeichel, Upson, Morgan, James, King, Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Wasilewski, Hammond and to a lesser extent, Nugent, Konchesky and Moore are all worthy of carrying the arm band. 

I wouldn't change our captain, there really is no sufficient evidence to prove he's doing a bad job.

Also I would like to point out that Andy King really stands out to me as a great organiser and reader of the game. He's our longest serving outfield player by quite some distance. When Matt Oakley faded from first team action, Andy King was unofficially made the new club captain. It seems through all the years, Andy King has always been pushed aside when a new player comes in, first with Matt Mills and then Wes Morgan. You could argue that Andy King should be the club captain, but before you do that, you should argue why he should even be in the starting 11 at all.

this is gona sound racist but if i had some bloke speak english to me with a heavy italian acent im not gonna take him to seriously tbh

yh he won a champions league and seria but if i cant understand him ill do my own thing there

Probably not racist to be fair, just an absolutely stupid thing to say!

We have one of the most experienced players in the league in Cambiasso but our captain should be a player who starts 99% of the games, that appears to be Wes, btw i disagee with  the players "non reaction" at conceding, certainly Drikwater and Moore showed some frustration

I hate to bring this up but go back to the Watford game a few years back, some could argue that Wes Morgan was at fault because he should have realised the situation in hand and ensured the over-excited 20 year old winger didn't take the penalty. Of course, I'm being pedantic.

Looking at the positives, Morgan's calmness is admirable at times. So many players try and push him around (note the word 'try') and he keeps a level head throughout. I've never seem him retaliate too aggressively. Some may argue that his lack of aggressiveness is a negative. 

The argument that we have several captains at the club is very true: Schmeichel, Upson, Morgan, James, King, Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Wasilewski, Hammond and to a lesser extent, Nugent, Konchesky and Moore are all worthy of carrying the arm band. 

I wouldn't change our captain, there really is no sufficient evidence to prove he's doing a bad job.

Also I would like to point out that Andy King really stands out to me as a great organiser and reader of the game. He's our longest serving outfield player by quite some distance. When Matt Oakley faded from first team action, Andy King was unofficially made the new club captain. It seems through all the years, Andy King has always been pushed aside when a new player comes in, first with Matt Mills and then Wes Morgan. You could argue that Andy King should be the club captain, but before you do that, you should argue why he should even be in the starting 11 at all.

because he does the simple things well and if played all season he'd get double figure goals as well, not like Drinkwater has set the season alight, in fact we've dipped since he came back in

We have one of the most experienced players in the league in Cambiasso but our captain should be a player who starts 99% of the games, that appears to be Wes, btw i disagee with  the players "non reaction" at conceding, certainly Drikwater and Moore showed some frustration

and for all those blaming Liam Kasper went nuts at RDL after the second, but he was bought from United so it must have been the academy lad at fault

The irony is strong with this one.

Maybe I should have said he isn't a great captain, as he isn't a bad captain, I just don't see him inspiring, motivating, organising and leading on the pitch like the best captains do. Look at our second goal on Saturday, he should be guiding Moore and ensuring he steps up with him, and probably given him a rollicking for that piece of defending.

Of course I am judging him by his presence on the pitch, as that what counts the most, and the only time I see him, I don't care what he does behind the scenes, some of the best captains are complete arseholes, Roy Keane, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand. 

Morgan is first name on the team sheet, there is nobody more suited to be captain than him at the club, but that doesn't make him a great captain.

well using your own points how do you know he is a good captain?

I can't use my own points as I've never done either. But I'm sure the management team know a lot more than some on here so I'll happily back their corner.

I can't use my own points as I've never done either. But I'm sure the management team know a lot more than some on here so I'll happily back their corner.

I think the point being made is, though he may be the best choice of our squad, it doesn't mean he is a great captain, I also hear comments like "you can't drop him he's captain" well if the time comes a piece of cloth on a sleeve shouldn't save anyone

I think the point being made is, though he may be the best choice of our squad, it doesn't mean he is a great captain, I also hear comments like "you can't drop him he's captain" well if the time comes a piece of cloth on a sleeve shouldn't save anyone

Well if we're looking at dropping defenders, Morgan has easily been our best defender so far this season.... So why would we drop him?

Why would Cambiasso speak with a heavy Italian accent, being from Argentina?

Agree with this. He just has so much experience, and would be my choice. 

Morgan is the captain and the best man for the job. There was no moans last season.

We have some very fickle fans.

Agreed.

You also don't need an arm band to shout Man On.

Or to point out to someone they have lost there man.

Or to show a little spirit.

All you need is a BIG mouth. 

Morgan was great as captain last season and has arguably been our most consistent performer this season. He leads by example and I haven't see any evidence that his fellow players don't believe in him as captain.

At the moment our problems seem to be mainly tactics, confidence and in some cases individual quality. Why risk destroying the morale of one of our best players to change something that isn't really necessary and as Bert said could upset others in the squad.

Archived