davieG Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 With so many topics suggesting players aren't good enough has left me wondering who you think is. Seemingly Kasper, Konch, Morgan, Moore, DeLaet, Drinky, Knocky, Nuge, Kingy, Hammond, Schlupp, Albrighton arent, have I missed anyone?
Captain... Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 With so many topics suggesting players aren't good enough has left me wondering who you think is. Seemingly Kasper, Konch, Morgan, Moore, DeLaet, Drinky, Knocky, Nuge, Kingy, Hammond, Schlupp, Albrighton arent, have I missed anyone? Cambiasso, James, Hamer
Lineker's Left Foot Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 With so many topics suggesting players aren't good enough has left me wondering who you think is. Seemingly Kasper, Konch, Morgan, Moore, DeLaet, Drinky, Knocky, Nuge, Kingy, Hammond, Schlupp, Albrighton arent, have I missed anyone? Well at least we have Simpson, Powell and Lawrence who most seemingly are - and I am not being funny...
Tielemans63 Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 We're not even 10 games in yet so it's difficult to say imho. Palace fans were probably still writing off their players halfway through last season, I doubt they are now.
BenKimberlin Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 We have players who are ready physically but mentally they're still making the step up to the higher level. King Ulloa Cambiasso Vardy Morgan Mahrez Moore James Drinkwater Wasileski Konchesky Are all close to being there imo. Wood Powell Knockaert de Laet Hamer Hammond Schmeichel Lawrence Albrighton Nugent Can all get there. Most of them have many years in front of the to get there lets just hope they do it soon. Schlupp is a weird one though because he can play really well or terrible there is no middle for him.
Bayfox Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 kapser, is good enough, command of his area is his downfall at any level. king has shown up well, as have morgan and moore, mahrez in patches, still believe vardy and ulloa are good enough to make the step up. obviously esteban is. for me the jury is still out on the fullbacks, koncheskey started the season well. james and drinkwater, drinky has looked out of place so far and nugent and knocky. not seen enough of the rest really to pass comment.
suffolk fox Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 Cambiasso, James, Hamer You must be a wum? Your love fest for Matty James is embarrasing at times you must be his agent. Hamer lol .
1993fox Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 You must be a wum? Your love fest for Matty James is embarrasing at times you must be his agent. Hamer lol . And yet another example of an old-timer just insulting other people because of their views. How about you show some respect? Not everyone has to agree with you you know
Chug Laguna Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 I think when I try and step back from it all... King and Mahrez look like they could make it in other sides, like they've been there before. Cambiasso and Ulloa, for what we're asking them to do, seem on level as well. Morgan is fine but I would swap him with a number of CBs if I took off the blue tinted glasses. Aside from that our guys are pretty much high Championship players. Not that there's anything bad about that really - like Vardy, I love the guy and they can all improve, but they're not at the level yet.
cjslcfc Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 I think when I try and step back from it all... King and Mahrez look like they could make it in other sides, like they've been there before. Cambiasso and Ulloa, for what we're asking them to do, seem on level as well. Morgan is fine but I would swap him with a number of CBs if I took off the blue tinted glasses. Aside from that our guys are pretty much high Championship players. Not that there's anything bad about that really - like Vardy, I love the guy and they can all improve, but they're not at the level yet. completely agree. I'm sure a lot of fans think that if they don't cut it now in the first 10 games that they aren't ever going to be good enough. We should have really learnt about writing off players (Vardy, Drinkwater and the like) after last season.
Kitchandro Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 You must be a wum? Your love fest for Matty James is embarrasing at times you must be his agent. Hamer lol . Number one: You completely misunderstood Captain's post. He was replying to the comment asking if he'd missed anyone out on the list of players who apparently aren't good enough. Number two: If you don't think James is good enough you're an idiot.
LAprice_ Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 What do we class as good enough though, this all depends on what we expect from our team. If we're asking if they're good enough to finish 17th, then yes, I honestly believe they are ALL good enough. If we're looking at who's good enough to finish in the top 10, then at the moment, I'd say none of them are. Mahrez and Ulloa have shown glimpses but nothing outstanding.
foxfanazer Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 Sorry have I been in a coma for a few months and there's only a few games left of the season? This forum is hilarious after a few defeats and poor performances. Talk about complete meltdown
davieG Posted 28 October 2014 Author Posted 28 October 2014 Just to clarify I don't think the pkayers aren't good enough to achieve what we need to this season the topic was in response to all the threads claiming they weren't. They're mostly young and defintely inexperienced.
Howard99 Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 Sorry have I been in a coma for a few months and there's only a few games left of the season? This forum is hilarious after a few defeats and poor performances. Talk about complete meltdown Ermmm? We're already a quarter of the way through the season. 9 points after 9 games. If we continue to average a point a game all season we are relegated.
Howard99 Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 Unbelievable how people are saying they all need time to adjust. We don't have time. Jesus christ
foxfanazer Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 Ermmm? We're already a quarter of the way through the season. 9 points after 9 games. If we continue to average a point a game all season we are relegated.And if every other team continue to average a point a game we'll stay up. Argument flawed
Howard99 Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 And if every other team continue to average a point a game we'll stay up. Argument flawed Well not really. When was the last time a team stayed up with 38 points. My argument is definitely not flawed
foxfanazer Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 Well not really. When was the last time a team stayed up with 38 points. My argument is definitely not flawedSo explain to me why we are more likely to only reach 38 points than QPR, Sunderland etc?
Howard99 Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 So explain to me why we are more likely to only reach 38 points than QPR, Sunderland etc? I don't think that. But at the end of the day we need to focus on getting 40 points as soon as possible and not keep thinking theres 3 worse teams than us. As for Sunderland they will sack poyet soon and get a reaction like what happened with o'neill, di canio, keane and poyet when they all first joined. We will see anyway but I just hate all this 'give them time' thing. Its hard to go on a winning run like in the championship. So its pretty vital we get a win Saturday.
AyewJoking Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 I dont think our squad is good enough to survive relegation which is why I was underwhelmed by our activity in the transfer market over the summer. You need quality at this level even if it means signing mercenaries who dont care for the club. Players that can win points for you with a flash of brilliance when the team as a whole isnt doing well. Right now we have players capable but I fear their flashes of brilliance will be few and far between.
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 Sorry have I been in a coma for a few months and there's only a few games left of the season? This forum is hilarious after a few defeats and poor performances. Talk about complete meltdown A few games, yes, but we are 27% through the season, if you want to look at it percentage wise.
foxfanazer Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 A few games, yes, but we are 27% through the season, if you want to look at it percentage wise.but we haven't been crap for 27%
kingfox Posted 28 October 2014 Posted 28 October 2014 De Laet, Moore, Konchesky, Drinkwater & Nugent out of first teams starters have struggled to adapt in some games. I have always thought De Laet isn't a Premier League right-back. Moore started really well, but last few games his concentration levels aren't up to scratch, same can be said about Konch. Drinkwater seems out of his depth at the minute, he is capable of getting there but what we don't want is, Danny Drinkwater to yet again take about 6 months to find his feet for us at this level, it took him about 6 months to find his feet with us in the Championship; however he needs to adjust quicker at Prem level, or simply he won't play. Nugent is nowhere near Premier League level, depending on what we do in January he could well become a fringe player. For me Schmeichel, Morgan, Cambiasso, King, Mahrez, Vardy & Ulloa are all ready, players like Matty James could do with more game time. Players like Schlupp, Wood & new signings Simpson, Albrighton & Powell have proved or could be useful assets. While I'll completely right off Hammond & Knockaert, yes Hammond started well but last few games he doesn't look like a Premier League footballer, Knockaert has been shit for a while.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.