Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Maybes

Villa Away

After villas lowest attendance for 15 years on Monday can't see this one being much better! Doesn't sound like we will even sell our allocation?

Sky,price and xmas don't help for this one,but I think it will scrape a sell out as it goes on general sale next Tuesday( I think) thought at the start of the season this would have been a game with no chance of a ticket.

So a few questions, which station are most people going to? I believe there are two choice Aston and Witton - Which leads me to the next question, where are most people drinking?

Basically which station is closest to the boozer. I'm gonna need ALOT of ale for this one.

Might have a couple around New Street and a couple in the German Market (Although not many as it'll be heaving and its very pricey) first.

3rd question - Who is Leicesterpool supporting?

So a few questions, which station are most people going to? I believe there are two choice Aston and Witton - Which leads me to the next question, where are most people drinking?

Basically which station is closest to the boozer. I'm gonna need ALOT of ale for this one.

Might have a couple around New Street and a couple in the German Market (Although not many as it'll be heaving and its very pricey) first.

There's not a lot of difference between the walk from Aston or Witton, although Aston is on the same line as New St and so probably a bit easier.

Yea, I'd mainly steer clear of the pubs around the ground, especially The Adventurers. The Swan and Mitre is directly outside the Aston train station though if you do want to try it. Probably best to stick to the pubs around New St as you say, although the German market is ridiculously busy already, I avoid it like the plagues. Good 20/30mins to get an overpriced beer.

Near the station decent pubs are The Shakespeare, Briar Rose, Sun on the Hill & Brew Dog. Loads more but you should quite easily get a beer at these. 

There's not a lot of difference between the walk from Aston or Witton, although Aston is on the same line as New St and so probably a bit easier.

Yea, I'd mainly steer clear of the pubs around the ground, especially The Adventurers. The Swan and Mitre is directly outside the Aston train station though if you do want to try it. Probably best to stick to the pubs around New St as you say, although the German market is ridiculously busy already, I avoid it like the plagues. Good 20/30mins to get an overpriced beer.

Near the station decent pubs are The Shakespeare, Briar Rose, Sun on the Hill & Brew Dog. Loads more but you should quite easily get a beer at these. 

Witton is on the same line. It's a little nearer the away end. On the way back, its the better option as you get on before Aston station. 

As per the rest of your advice, don't bothered around the ground. Stay near New Street. You've already mentioned some good pubs - you have the Victoria and the Post Office Vaults on New Street stations door step too. I can recommend the Wellington too. Brum is a good drinking city if you know where to go. 

The German Market isn't at all fun for a drink. Waste of time. 

It's best to get off at Witton much closer to the stadium though Aston isn't a far walk either and there's more frequent trains to Aston than Witton, there's a lot of pubs of course near the ground but most are pay to get in or don't allow away fans so It's better try to drink Birmingham city centre.

and answering your third question... don't mind but Leicester could do with the points.  

I'm going to Aston. No idea where we are drinking yet... 

Went The Shakespeare and Briar Rose when we played Birmingham a couple of years ago, not bad.

Go to the Post Office Vaults for one Matt, they have some great beers.

I'll have a look! Cheers, sounds like a decent pub from the replies since.

As for the German Market, I think i'm going back to Birmingham the next day so it will be alot quieter and better to do on the Monday so probably will give that a miss on Sunday.

Archived