Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Our honesty is costing us

this, we need to be a bit more cynical or 'European' as I would say it. Abonloghor should have been brought down before he played the ball to Hutton for example. And when the opposition is on top you need to slow the game time, its about game management. Mourinho does it so well with Chelsea, where they waste time and slow the game down so that the opposition lose their momentum

We're not streetwise enough. Not that the team is full of angels, Vardy loves to go over easily, Knocky did yesterday as well but, on the whole, we are not very good at time-wasting, delaying, getting cheap free-kicks that other sides do.

Time-wasting and delaying? When have we ever been in a position to protect anything!? lol

We need to stick more tackles in, the amount of times we shadow, or back off attackers is criminal, in this league players have the ability to stick a pass through the eye of a needle or get one on target from 30 yards, even if it results in a foul it slows the game down and relieves the pressure momentarily, we're practically holding the door open for some sides to come and attack. It would also help if we marked men instead of space sometimes.

Agree.

Schlupps had a few runs/scraps in to the box where if he had gone down we would have probably 'won a foul'. Commendable if we were safe... but we're not...

All we do is moan at the ref all game. We need to stop whining and start manipulating the ref to our advantage. 

Really is a case of the nice guys finish last at the moment!

I've never once said we're struggling solely down to this because as rightly pointed out, I'd be wrong, but I don't think it's any co-incidence that we're constantly on the end of weak decisions yet don't really force them ourselves.

I've never once said we're struggling solely down to this because as rightly pointed out, I'd be wrong, but I don't think it's any co-incidence that we're constantly on the end of weak decisions yet don't really force them ourselves.

Maybe Mahrez and co just aren't very good at diving.

And can you give examples of some of the weak decisions that we are constantly on the end of.

And can you give examples of some of the weak decisions that we are constantly on the end of.

A good example was Song at the weekend, basically shielding himself between player and ball, looking to draw some contact then going down. Broke the play up and made it hard to gain any momentum.

As someone rightly said though, let's get into a position where we have something to hold on before we worry about time wasting/breaking up player :P.

The reason the players don't dive or fall over all the time is because it gets us free kicks. And what do our free kicks result in? Counter attacks or wasted time for everyone involved.

lol

This is true.

Can we start forfeiting corners because it's pointless anyway, the opposition might aswell just automatically have a goal kick instead.

Examples? There are absolutely loads. They aren't big incidents, they're just absolutely soft free kicks. Every time someone went within a yard of Song he was straight on the floor. I'd resent players for diving but the absolute farcical culture means that you're an idiot not to I'm afraid.

We aren't 100% innocent but I say with some confidence we're too honest for our own good.

We must accept it..we look like a bunch of pussies sometimes. This team really does need some grit and determination in it.

We are far too nice, with the exception of Wasa..we need more like him

Yet some wanted him out of the team because he was a "walking red card".

Yet some wanted him out of the team because he was a "walking red card".

But Wasilewski is likely to get sent off. He's got one hell of a knack of avoiding it and I can't imagine it's a co-incidence, but I mean the snidey cheating like diving/simulation. It absolutely sickens me how much it works.

I think maybe we should be more clever than dishonest. i dont want to see us cheating to win, never would want that. Watching Song and Matic they know exactly when to slow a game down when the opposition is on top by drawing fouls and breaking play up. We need a player who can do this, so we can break the momentum of the opponents when theyre attacking. Being cynical is not the same as being dishonest, its an important part of playing. Sometimes you have to take one for the team when the opponents are on the attack, and bring a player down.

personally i'd rather we lost than won by cheating. maybe this is why we're not cut out for the premiership but teams like west ham and qpr are

No that's not the reason. Lack of quality in players and management is the reason we're not cut out for the Premiership.

Archived