Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Off to US for a road trip, doing chicago-toronto-boston-new York in august

You have friends????? Who would have thought!nnn

Oye bhainnnn di lun dont group toronto with the USA. lol.

Chicagos a very nice city (minus shootings) but then again there have been a lot of stabbings or shootings in toronto lately. Yesterday or so some desi was shot in his landrover downtown. Former "gang banger" from BC.

You got family in toronto area?

Seriously considering taking the long way back from Korea this time - no plane, just boat from Pohang to Vladivostok and then train all the way back to London.

Would be a pretty interesting couple of weeks travel, even if it wasn't a holiday per se.

Seriously considering taking the long way back from Korea this time - no plane, just boat from Pohang to Vladivostok and then train all the way back to London.

Would be a pretty interesting couple of weeks travel, even if it wasn't a holiday per se.

I took the long way home a couple of times when I was living in Istanbul and Sofia. Great fun, but Korea is a bit further obviously and I've been told the trans siberian is actually pretty dull. Having said that, I'd love to travel through central Asia.

I wanted to do Indonesia back to London over land/sea on the way back from Australia a few years back. Got stuck with visa's trying to get into Burma (hence I didn't get very far). Could have been done, but needed more organisation and crucially, more money, so I flew back instead. Always regretted not getting myself organised to do it properly. Long overland trips sound so epic.

I took the long way home a couple of times when I was living in Istanbul and Sofia. Great fun, but Korea is a bit further obviously and I've been told the trans siberian is actually pretty dull. Having said that, I'd love to travel through central Asia.

I can imagine there will be a lot of empty space, but I reckon it would still be pretty interesting.

I wanted to do Indonesia back to London over land/sea on the way back from Australia a few years back. Got stuck with visa's trying to get into Burma (hence I didn't get very far). Could have been done, but needed more organisation and crucially, more money, so I flew back instead. Always regretted not getting myself organised to do it properly. Long overland trips sound so epic.

Yeah, visas seem to be a real pain in a lot of places. That's why I'm still 3 months out and thinking of getting it organised now.

Oye bhainnnn di lun dont group toronto with the USA. lol.

Chicagos a very nice city (minus shootings) but then again there have been a lot of stabbings or shootings in toronto lately. Yesterday or so some desi was shot in his landrover downtown. Former "gang banger" from BC.

You got family in toronto area?

lol , tell me about it, my mates in the US are well upset I compared Chicago with mini Ludhiana!!

I got family, but i'm only there for 2 days, and want to do the tourist thing!!

lol , tell me about it, my mates in the US are well upset I compared Chicago with mini Ludhiana!!

I got family, but i'm only there for 2 days, and want to do the tourist thing!!

lol nice. 2 days is never enough but i think you could see all yu need to really see in that time.

Btw if someone tells you to go to toronto premium outlets for shopping its not in Toronto. Its out in the suburbs closer to me and a solid 45km from downtown toronto easy. Not sure why they called it Toronto. Tw@ts.

Going inter railing in:

Brussels

Amsterdam

Munich

Prague

Vienna

Budapest

With 2 friends, all of us are 18 years old and are in each place about 2/3 days (4 in Budapest).

Just wondering any tips when going to these places and any places we should visit?

Bloody hell that brings it all back ! Did the same thing when I was 18 (there were 3 of us) ....Went all over the place and soon ran out of money ... Kipped on railway stations and ended up in a place called Pula .... Dived for sea urchins and sold them to Americans for food/beer money ... Had so many adventures and they are all coming flooding back .... Wasn't too keen on getting bitten by a police dog in Germany but had an amazing time .... Just live for the day mate and enjoy yourself !

Off to Costa del sol in 2 weeks with the family. My daughters first time on a plane so that will be fun.

Just overdose her on Calpol before the flight. It'll knock her out for a few hours then hey presto, you've arrived!

• 2 weeks later...

Toronto for a week on Friday, with a visit to the Niagara Falls next Monday.

You mean "the" niagara falls???? At least you are seeing it from the best side (canada). Enjoy your stay here.

I know charlton have let you down but please dont jump into the water its not worth it.

You mean "the" niagara falls???? At least you are seeing it from the best side (canada). Enjoy your stay here.

I know charlton have let you down but please dont jump into the water its not worth it.

That what I said ;) I'll walk to the Yank side too just to claim to have walked to another country!

France in July for a week

South Africa ( Cape Town,Marataba Lodge for Safari and then Mauritius)

Hired a cottage in Suffolk for Xmas with friends( 12 of us)always an excellent week

South Africa,especially CT is making me a little nervous for some reason and I've travelled a bit,but you hear these horror stories,I know I'm being stupid I'm sure Merging Cultures and a few that have been will set my mind at rest.The positives outweigh the negatives.Plan to do Table Mountain,Whale watching and some penguin thing the wife keeps talking about.Any other ideas?

Don't worry about Cape Town I felt nervous the same as you but it was fine. Never once felt scared and that was with us driving around at 1am with nothing else on the road.

Boulders Beach for the Penguins is ok, not really much to do there but it's alright for something to do for a few hours.

If you are staying round the V&A waterfront try the Belthazar Restaurant probably the best meal we had out there.

Mauritius is a great little island, hire a car out and you'll be able to explore it in a day. Just be careful over there when buying stuff. They like you to pay in dollars but then give you the change back in rupees not without short changing you though.

Off to Gran Canaria for a week of nothing but reading a book by a pool and forgetting about the world.

A question to those who travel quite frequently, I have 1 of those power pack things for charging your cell phone, are they allowed on aeroplanes?

Don't worry about Cape Town I felt nervous the same as you but it was fine. Never once felt scared and that was with us driving around at 1am with nothing else on the road.

Boulders Beach for the Penguins is ok, not really much to do there but it's alright for something to do for a few hours.

If you are staying round the V&A waterfront try the Belthazar Restaurant probably the best meal we had out there.

Mauritius is a great little island, hire a car out and you'll be able to explore it in a day. Just be careful over there when buying stuff. They like you to pay in dollars but then give you the change back in rupees not without short changing you though.

Where abouts in Mauritius did you stay? I had no issues with money over there but thinking about it I think I might have taken their own currency.

Loved the place, Could happily live there.

Off to Gran Canaria for a week of nothing but reading a book by a pool and forgetting about the world.

A question to those who travel quite frequently, I have 1 of those power pack things for charging your cell phone, are they allowed on aeroplanes?

What is the point in going to Gran Canaria to read a book?