Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Oh and if you're blonde like me you'll get eaten alive there by the local women when you're out at night which was a story in itself.

lol yea I've been to parts of Asia, there not shy let's put it that way, probably not even a women either.

Cheers for the info it sounds like you had a good time I will defiantly be looking into it for my next trip, I do like that part of the world a lot more chilled out! How long was you out there for?

Is there a rough optimum time at which you should book a holiday for best price? Or a clear worst? I'm looking at booking something for my sister and her fiance's wedding present.

Best time is now meant to be further in advance so normally a year before. Not sure how true that is but gambling on a last minute deal as a wedding present probably isn't ideal.

• Like 1

lol yea I've been to parts of Asia, there not shy let's put it that way, probably not even a women either.

Cheers for the info it sounds like you had a good time I will defiantly be looking into it for my next trip, I do like that part of the world a lot more chilled out! How long was you out there for?

Two weeks just about mate. Just be careful what bars you go to though as some are literally just for men looking for prostitutes which I didn't realise at the time lol. They'll soon leave you alone if they realise you aren't bothered, quite funny talking to them though.

Booked all train and ferry tickets to make it from Korea to back to the UK without getting on a plane.

Donghae ---> Vladivostok ---> Irkutsk ---> Moscow ---> Paris ---> London ---> Leicester.

Starting in early October. Should be a fascinating two weeks!

• Like 3

Oh and if you're blonde like me you'll get eaten alive there by the local women when you're out at night which was a story in itself.

You just have to be from the West. You don't need to be blonde. The Vietnamese would like to get out of relative poverty.

Anyone else decided to hold out from exchanging their money thinking the pound would bounce up? I changed mine about a week ago just before the other slump. Kinda happy i've changed most of mine now.

Iv changed most of mine for beer/gin over the years, can't say I have any regrets.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

Anyone else decided to hold out from exchanging their money thinking the pound would bounce up? I changed mine about a week ago just before the other slump. Kinda happy i've changed most of mine now.

I brought 2.5k of dollars a day before the vote!! It was a sensible decision!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, isaidno said:

anyone been to Madrid ? Just booked to go there on honeymoon next summer.

Yeah Madrid is decent, loved the Mercado De San Miguel (might have just completely made that up lol). Great place to go for decent fresh local food and drink while you people watch.

The palace is pretty cool as well from what I can remember and obviously the Bernabeu.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Off to Chicago, Toronto, Boston, new York next week for 2 weeks.  Any tips on things to do and eat would be fab

Can only advise on New York, depends on how long you are there for but I would thoroughly recommend seeing all of the main sites and then going to Chelsea Market, Do a food tour with a company called food tours of New York funnily enough. Absolutely fantastic guides that take you to decent restaurants for small bites that you can then revisit. 

We we also did a champagne sunset boat tour which was great.

Go and see the Empire State but if you go up the Rockerfellar centre you get much better views in my opinion.

Went to a cool Gastropub in Greenwich called Spotted Pig which was very decent and not mega expensive for a Michelin starred place.

Great city, absolute carnage 24/7 and if you need any more tips send me a message and I will advise as best I can.

Edit: Go and visit Katz Deli, Man V Food style sandwiches, very nice and again absolute mayhem inside, incredible.

Edited by Costock_Fox

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Off to Chicago, Toronto, Boston, new York next week for 2 weeks.  Any tips on things to do and eat would be fab

Toronto wise (welcome to canada when u do get here)...

http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca

Your gunna miss out on the caribana festival (now callled Caribbean festival or some crap) as i believe  its this long weekend.

http://cabanapoolbar.com

Do not waste your time at a Toronto  bluejays or Toronto fc game...boring!

Taste of the Danforth festival..basically greek food festival.  

http://www.thebiermarkt.com for beer and music.

The eaton centre is the big mall downtown with all kind of food places  in the core. Google or visit tripadvisor.ca for reviews on places to eat etc

Clubs are basically on richmond street area.  Google some cuz im so far removed from that scene.

http://m.toronto.com/articles/must-see-august-events/

http://www.seetorontonow.com/annual-events/

If you are into brazillian bbq stuff try copa cabana restaurant.

Theres a lot of thng u can do and see in Toronto  just depend on what ya wanna do.

If you need roti swing by my place or i can point ya to the nearest gurdwara  where you can be a good boy and do seva. :)

11 hours ago, isaidno said:

anyone been to Madrid ? Just booked to go there on honeymoon next summer.

It's great but very very hot.