Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Look at where we are, Jesus wept. The bloke works and works and plays in a position that enables others to shine, gimme that over nuge grinning after missing a sitter any day. (And for the record, I loved nuge)

He may work but he doesn't actually do anything of any worth. I'll run around for an hour for half the money he does if thats all we're after. Nugent did that and actually scored some goals

He may work but he doesn't actually do anything of any worth. I'll run around for an hour for half the money he does if thats all we're after. Nugent did that and actually scored some goals

Okazaki has about half the goals nuge scored in the entirety of last year, Vardy is flourishing and we're second.

But yeah man, let's have nuge back, I loved being bottom last year.

Okazaki has about half the goals nuge scored in the entirety of last year, Vardy is flourishing and we're second.

And I'm the cretin?

You honestly think swapping Nugent for Okazaki would see us slide down the league? Yeah we'd really miss Okazaki's........... erm........ 'work'!

And I'm the cretin?

You honestly think swapping Nugent for Okazaki would see us slide down the league? Yeah we'd really miss Okazaki's........... erm........ 'work'!

You're a cretin for not responding to valid points, yeah. Okazaki is a serious upgrade on Nugent.

Anyway it's obvious you have no argument, night pal x

You're a cretin for not responding to valid points, yeah. Okazaki is a serious upgrade on Nugent.

Anyway it's obvious you have no argument, night pal x

You make no valid points

Night sweetheart

Yeah Nuge was the reason we were bottom lol Christ alive

Was the first match Okazaki hasn't just fell over after every touch today and he was still absolute wank

Hilarious isn't it

Yeah Nuge was the reason we were bottom lol Christ alive

Was the first match Okazaki hasn't just fell over after every touch today and he was still absolute wank

lol lol lol lol I didn't say that but it's clear you're in the.....

HE DINT SCOR NO GOLS HE ONLY PLAYS COS THE OWNERS ARE IN ERAUSRE

...brigade so have a gooden x

You make no valid points

Night sweetheart

Hilarious isn't it

I did but you chose not to reply - nuge bagged five league goals last year and his general contribution to the side was dogtits. I'm not saying his absence is the reason were doing so well, of course I'm not, only a dribbly like your bum chum benpicko would think that - what I am saying is you can't criticise someone for not scoring goals when they contribute to such a successful system. Shinji does that, and he does that better than Nugent.

lol lol lol lol I didn't say that but it's clear you're in the.....

Looks a lot like you're implying that if we had him back we'd slide down the table again, changing one player who works just as hard as Okazaki does and (as everybody one here said last year to excuse his lack of goals at times) works even harder to actually bring people into the match and pass rather than just hunching over the ball and falling over half the time as Okazaki does, granted not really today but he still slowed a few counters with poor touches.

HE DINT SCOR NO GOLS HE ONLY PLAYS COS THE OWNERS ARE IN ERAUSRE

...brigade so have a gooden x

I've never said that so I'm going to assume you're trolling or just unable to handle somebody with a different opinion to you

Looks a lot like you're implying that if we had him back we'd slide down the table again, changing one player who works just as hard as Okazaki does and (as everybody one here said last year to excuse his lack of goals at times) works even harder to actually bring people into the match and pass rather than just hunching over the ball and falling over half the time as Okazaki does, granted not really today but he still slowed a few counters with poor touches.

I've never said that so I'm going to assume you're trolling or just unable to handle somebody with a different opinion to you

What I'm "implying" benpicko is that our fans seem to feel very sentimental towards players that have done well for us, nuge being one - by fail to realise that they aren't the people to take us up a notch.

I seriously cannot believe anybody thinks David Nugent is better than shinji and I'm somebody who is level headed and won't get carried away with a single bad / good performance. Okazaki is on a different league.

I did but you chose not to reply - nuge bagged five league goals last year and his general contribution to the side was dogtits. I'm not saying his absence is the reason were doing so well, of course I'm not, only a dribbly like your bum chum benpicko would think that - what I am saying is you can't criticise someone for not scoring goals when they contribute to such a successful system. Shinji does that, and he does that better than Nugent.

The way you worded it certainly implied you think we'd be a lot lower in the league if we had Nuge instead of Okazaki. Sure I won't be the only one to read it like that.

Yes Nugent didn't score enough last season but for overall play I genuinely don't think Okazaki is that much better considering what we let DN go for and what we signed Okazaki for

It's a different opinion to yours but it certainly doesn't make me a cretin

You're an absolute cretin if you think this guy isn't an upgrade on Nugent

this. 

Okazaki isn't the fanciest of players but his work-rate in that area of the pitch frees up the space for others around him and it means players like Vardy can conserve their energy and not do as much chasing of defenders with Okazaki about. I actually think it's one of the reasons why Vardy is so effective in final moments of matches. When Okazaki plays, Vardy does less running around closing down (although still does a lot). 

The way you worded it certainly implied you think we'd be a lot lower in the league if we had Nuge instead of Okazaki. Sure I won't be the only one to read it like that.

Yes Nugent didn't score enough last season but for overall play I genuinely don't think Okazaki is that much better considering what we let DN go for and what we signed Okazaki for

It's a different opinion to yours but it certainly doesn't make me a cretin

And from that post personally I feel you're letting nuge's overall achievements for us blind how gash he was last year. He was beyond shit for us. He was useless. People bemoan certain things about shinji but fail to realise we as a side have come along a lot since the summer, that's evident for all to see, and he's apart of that.

And from that post personally I feel you're letting nuge's overall achievements for us blind how gash he was last year. He was beyond shit for us. He was useless. People bemoan certain things about shinji but fail to realise we as a side have come along a lot since the summer, that's evident for all to see, and he's apart of that.

See the post above ;)lol

I did like Nugent but his level is top championship to lower prem. I admire hard working players so I want Shinji to do well but he needs to offer something else on top of just running

But Vardy's record isn't affected when Okazaki isn't on the pitch. If anything it improves!

I just can't see this "he does the dirty work" for Vardy nonsense. It's just patently not true. Absolutely every time he's not played or been taken off we've not missed him and in many cases we've improved. I just don't see it one bit.

I'm not saying he's crap and he won't eventually adapt, but I do think he's had a very poor season so far and I really don't see where all these people singing his praises are coming from at all.

I'm not saying Ulloa is the long-term answer either but he absolutely should be starting ahead of him.

If Kramaric isn't offended that Okazaki is starting ahead of him then he damn well should be. All Okazaki has got is work rate in this league and it counts for nothing when you're pushed off the ball like a leaf in the wind whenever you're in possession. Our scouting network is brilliant but they cant all be winners. Shinji should be 4th choice.

If Kramaric isn't offended that Okazaki is starting ahead of him then he damn well should be. All Okazaki has got is work rate in this league and it counts for nothing when you're pushed off the ball like a leaf in the wind whenever you're in possession. Our scouting network is brilliant but they cant all be winners. Shinji should be 4th choice.

but from what I've seen Kramaric hasn't even got very good work rate

Absolutely every time he's not played or been taken off we've not missed him and in many cases we've improved. I just don't see it one bit.

We missed him when he was taken off today for sure. Nobody pressing high up the pitch opened the door for them to completely control the game in midfield.

What's Kramaric done to deserve a place?

I also love how our position in the table automatically means Okazaki 'must be doing good'. It's just weak from those that cannot point out anything other than running.

Today, few nice turns, then just gets brushed off the ball as he isn't quick enough to get away.

Poor first touch.

Absolutely zero goal threat

Rarely won a tackle.

Dispossessed over and over again.

Weak defending for the goal meant he lost his man. Maybe kasper could have come, but come on, you cannot defend like that.

Yet Vardy scored (no help from Okazaki) so he is again bailed out for not scoring or assisting.

People need to shut the **** up about kram, he's had his chance, he doesnt want it. Okazaki aint exactly what we need but at least he puts a shift in, kramaric is a waste of space and anyone calling for him is wishing on a pipe dream, he aint done shit to earn a call up

We missed him when he was taken off today for sure. Nobody pressing high up the pitch opened the door for them to completely control the game in midfield.

What's Kramaric done to deserve a place?

Pressing high up he pitch? Mate come on, he was running around in our own half all the second half, mostly within 25 yards of our goal, just in front of the midfielders, and again, considering all his pressing is love to know how many interceptions or tackles he made because I don't remember one.

He seems like the type of guy who everytime he goes to catch a bus, it's just going past him as he gets to the bus stop. Always that bit too late.

People need to shut the **** up about kram, he's had his chance, he doesnt want it. Okazaki aint exactly what we need but at least he puts a shift in, kramaric is a waste of space and anyone calling for him is wishing on a pipe dream, he aint done shit to earn a call up

He puts a shift in.

I'll put a shift in. Who do you choose out of me and Kramaric?

Bore off with the rubbish about running around and give us something we haven't heard 5000 times in this thread already.

Archived