Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Come on moose seriously?

We live in hope!

Suggest you take another look at the replays if you don't think that ball had any spin on it. It cannoned off the top of the cross bar, physics.

He controlled with his head when it bounced back up, that was intentional, it didn't hit his face at all. Then he reacted first and got himself in there to score.

It was a perfectly good goal and a superb celebration.

Suggest you take another look at the replays if you don't think that ball had any spin on it. It cannoned off the top of the cross bar, physics.

He controlled with his head when it bounced back up, that was intentional, it didn't hit his face at all. Then he reacted first and got himself in there to score.

You talk rubbish he did not know anything about it

It was a perfectly good goal and a superb celebration.

You're clutching at straws, it was an embarrassing goal... Can't take away the credit for reactions and being in the right place... But he did not know anything about the "controlled" header, and did not have to out-strength anyone.

You seriously telling me that physics was the reason he missed it? Come on.

Difficult to see the effect of the spin from that angle but it hit the bar which gave it top spin which made it move in towards the goal as it dropped, which is why it landed in front of shinji's attempted header. Then he controls it beautifully with his head and stabs it home. Perfectly good goal.

Difficult to see the effect of the spin from that angle but it hit the bar which gave it top spin which made it move in towards the goal as it dropped, which is why it landed in front of shinji's attempted header. Then he controls it beautifully with his head and stabs it home. Perfectly good goal.

So let's get this straight...

Physics 101 from moose.

The ball hit the crossbar, and was spinning towards goal, which made the ball change its flight on the way down towards goal....

Yet when the ball hit the floor it did NOT spin forward, it actually came slightly backwards?

Honestly... Just give up,

As I said he came on, got a goal, ugly or not hopefully this Spurs him on to try and get more, but make no mistake, he had absolutely no impact on open play bar a scrappy goal he knew hardly anything about, I'd back any of our players to beat the keeper to it and score... But the majority wouldn't have needed to, they'd have scored the first header off the bar...

Surely now no one will slag him off? So embarrassing that anyone did before (I haven't read this thread so don't know if anyone has, just assuming as we have some stupid fans) 

He has amazing work rate and what a goal today, not seen control with the head like that for a while.

I knew I wouldn't be disappointed coming to have a look on this thread.

"Shinji doesn't score he's rubbish"

Now he's scored "the goal wasn't good enough for it to be worthy of any praise"

You guys. :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  

Nothing to do with the goal not being good enough.. just that he made hard work of it as usual...

Hope this does give him a lift though,

Okazaki is the Emperor's new clothes.

Anyone who is critical of his contribution obviously doesn't understand football as he does the ugly side of the game and only the true connoisseurs of the game can understand this.  :rolleyes:

Id say he's more the theory of a heliocentric solar system. Those who are intelligent can see that actually it's quite good, even if it is unconventional, while the Luddites are sticking their fingers in their ears and saying it's not the way we've always thought of it so it must be wrong.

Guest CityFan 06

Great for his confidence scoring today. I've said before I still think he'll bag us goals this season. Even when he doesn't score he contributes to the team in some way.

Archived