Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

There's many different ways to play football, at the end of the day it's about being successful. We're achieving that success right now. No one is saying that we couldn't get better than Shinji, of course we could. We tried in January and failed, That happens sometimes. The point is we're stuck with the players we have

Shinji, Ulloa , King or someone else. Personally I'd like to see Schlupp given a run up front. He started out as a CF so he should know how to play up top and with his pace and added experience he would certainly get some Goals and trouble defenders. But given our position it's not really a time for experimenting.

So I'm fully in the CR camp. The way shinji is playing helps our team more than you can imagine by stopping the opposition play. Now it might not be attractive to some but it's effective. It gives our defenders and mid fielders the time to get into position and mark up and prevent forwards from playing. That;s what has us where we are, along with the goals from Vardy and Mahrez mainly. Yes we could have done with a new striker in January but would he have settled quickly we don't know. What we have now may not be perfect but it works and hopefully so for the next 9 games.

The lack of goals thing is idiotic. Think to yourself how many chances does Shinji get per game? 1 or 2? And their barely ever clear cut ones. The final balls are to Vardy and Mahrez and because they've been given the mantles of the goalscorers in the side, the ball doesn't come to Shinji because that's not his role. Vardy and Mahrez have 35 goals between them and this is not just because they're great players it's because Claudio has put them as the focal point of the team. If you add another player whose primary function is to score you unbalance the side, there is only one team in world football who can get away with it.

The lack of goals thing is idiotic. Think to yourself how many chances does Shinji get per game? 1 or 2? And their barely ever clear cut ones. The final balls are to Vardy and Mahrez and because they've been given the mantles of the goalscorers in the side, the ball doesn't come to Shinji because that's not his role. Vardy and Mahrez have 35 goals between them and this is not just because they're great players it's because Claudio has put them as the focal point of the team. If you add another player whose primary function is to score you unbalance the side, there is only one team in world football who can get away with it.

....Or because they have better awareness, make better runs off the ball and have better positioning sense to make opportunities for themselves.  

Sorry but Shinji just ain't got it.

West Brom he had a glorious chance. Even when he does score, yes they're goals, but my God he nearly messes up for those goals! Newcastle, Villa and Spurs come to mind.

Okazaki is the type of player we need, but he is not the player. Works hard and his fast pace has largely taken over the tactical role of Vardy's defensive forward play. 

But he's been poor. Every time we tried to attack against Watford, 9/10 times they failed because his first touch was poor or he fell over his own feet.

I agree with you that the focus is on Mahrez and Vardy. Still he should be at least making our attacks works, past 3 games he's been at the centre of our attacks breaking down.

Start him against Newcastle though.

Honestly people should take a moment to reflect on the teams performances since he has been starting at second striker, thats right, since the new year we have pulled out a gap on the chasing teams.  But I suppose that's just a coincidence.  Starting Shinj and bringing on someone else (Ulloa / King) later on if we need that change of presence up front has been working.  

Yes he had a bad time with Watford, players occasionally do.. Claudio duly rightly took him off early.

Incredulous at people criticizing his first touch, that, along with workrate are his key abilities from what I can see.

Honestly people should take a moment to reflect on the teams performances since he has been starting at second striker, thats right, since the new year we have pulled out a gap on the chasing teams.  But I suppose that's just a coincidence.  Starting Shinj and bringing on someone else (Ulloa / King) later on if we need that change of presence up front has been working.  

Yes he had a bad time with Watford, players occasionally do.. Claudio duly rightly took him off early.

Incredulous at people criticizing his first touch, that, along with workrate are his key abilities from what I can see.

He's not got a great touch though, has he? Even if you think he does, he hardly ever takes more than a couple of touches before slipping over or being wrestled off the ball, so it's not of much use.

Will certainly be interesting to see how CR plays this one in the summer. Will he go buy a replacement because Okazaki was a player he simply inherited, or will he keep faith with him because he does rate him, not just that he's the best we've got at the moment.

He brings way too much to our team, to just dismiss him as a guy who just falls over is foolish.

His goal scoring record in Germany way good, so he can score just hasn't found that touch with us... Or maybe it's because he's being asked to play a certain way by CR.

There's no doubt in my mind without him, we lost a lot both defensively and offensively. He might not be the best goal scorer but the amount of closing down he does and also the amount of times he wins the ball back in the opposition third certainly helps us.

I can't think of another player (to replace him) who would be willing to put as much work in for the team and our style of play.

When we have more possession and teams play defensive with us, I'd like to see Ulloa. When we play deeper I like Shinji

Both are very good players that bring a different skill to the team. Shinji falling over so often bugs me but what he brings to the team when we are on our back feet is exactly what we need. Ranieri appears to get it right over and over.

Great team player, great character, great work rate, Shinji fits us well in most games we've played this season

CR has played Okazaki time and time again. its prety obvious he rates him.

Of course if there is better available then CR should buy, but imo Okazaki has been pivotal in our season, his work rate matches Vardy's but he does it 10 yards back, so we have a high pressure game all the way from top to bottom.

He does get pushed off/falls a lot, but hew also win a fair few free kicks.

When we have more possession and teams play defensive with us, I'd like to see Ulloa. When we play deeper I like Shinji

Both are very good players that bring a different skill to the team. Shinji falling over so often bugs me but what he brings to the team when we are on our back feet is exactly what we need. Ranieri appears to get it right over and over.

Great team player, great character, great work rate, Shinji fits us well in most games we've played this season

No no no, Ulloa is horrible at keeping possession and linking up play, this idea that he is suited to these sort of games is an utter myth. 

I think I paid $18 on AliExpress. I'll PM you a link.

Wow, the one I ordered (away kit, Kante) is ridiculously terrible in comparison (it just sits in my closet), the proportions are awful. PM the link you used too.

As for the lettering, just make sure you iron the back (put a sheet of computer paper in between iron and shirt) once in a while and you'll be good.

He certainly gives is all and we must congratulate him with that. People have mentioned Heskey but Heskey scored a few and had lots of assists. Not sure if Shinji has assists. Having been home and away all season I have noticed most of the time he comes away without the ball and falls over. He seems in a mad rush all the time and doesn't have composure. Even the great goal at Everton was a lucky rebound off him first. Saying that I like him for his effort but people who slate his critics are being daft because they have a valid point and we certainly need a better more capable player to replace him. You say CR would not play him if he wasn't the best but CR has no other choice as Ulloa is too slow and there is no one else. That is why we offered 18M to sign a striker in January. CR is playing the best at his disposal but the typical Leic fan attitude of no one can ever be criticised otherise you are a moron is wearing a little thin and doesn't show us genuine fans in the best of light. Football is an opinion and we are all allowed ours. Like all the NP fanatics last year - we hardly hear from them now???

Being top of the league doesn't mean all 11 players are world class. Every team has weaknesses and all teams are always looking to strengthen the team. Shinji is probably our weakest player out of the best 11.

Wtf man you're so weird bringing Pearson into both of your posts. Are you looking for a reaction or just a moron?

By the way I'm a "NP fanatic" - as you put it - and I'm here. Always will be. 

Archived