Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2015

I find Warner entertaining. Amidst all the toffery and polite nature of cricket (yeah, I know they're awful to each other at the crease) you've just got this horrendous, pisshead chav smashing huge thumping shots round the ground.

I get that if you're English he's fun to hate but he's entertaining as hell. If I watch cricket at all its only for the knuckle dragging bogans!

Toffery?

You've not been to the cricket for a while have you. The West Stand at City is more posh than any cricket stand I've been outside of Lords.

We've only got batsman from public schools because it's only them who can afford the equipment.

That's what happens when one is a national sport in a country and kit is readily available and one isn't. It should be available to every kid in the country.

There is a reason why 90% of our batsman come from private schools and 90% of bowlers come from state ones.

Fortunately things like 'chance to shine' is changing things this.

(Although we shouldn't criticise our private schools, you only have to look at how many Olympic golds etc to see how good the sporting coaching must be in them.

I'm a massive lefty, we all know that. But didn't Warner just tell a bloke who was insulting him in Hindi to have some balls and insult him in English?

What's wrong with that?

Just all sledging isn't it?

Some may argue that after playing for four for Delhi and numerous tours of India with Australia, maybe he should have picked up a little bit of Hindi himself, especially if he thinks everyone should speak the language of the country.

Some may argue that after playing for four for Delhi and numerous tours of India with Australia, maybe he should have picked up a little bit of Hindi himself, especially if he thinks everyone should speak the language of the country.

He didn't say "you're in our country, speak English you foreigner" he just said "speak English" to a guy that was talking at him in another language, clearly sledging.

It's a complete non issue.

Probably the best ever ODI performance from an England team, not many teams beat India in half a day in this format. We have the bowlers who can perform on these pitches and we should be able to beat anyone with the exception of South Africa and the Aussies.

Woakes is coming on a bundle as well, he's now our quickest bowler which is incredible considering where he was 12 months ago.

Where's everyone off to this year? IF anyone's off to the West Indies I want to stab you out of pure envy.

Eyeing up the Saturday of the New Zealand Test at Headingley. Probably have to resort to the fifth day of an Ashes Test too now I guess.

Where's everyone off to this year? IF anyone's off to the West Indies I want to stab you out of pure envy.

Eyeing up the Saturday of the New Zealand Test at Headingley. Probably have to resort to the fifth day of an Ashes Test too now I guess.

Got a day at each of the following Ashes tests: Cardiff, Edgbaston, Trent Bridge and the Oval. Hoping the old man can sort out a Lord's day to complete the lot.

Decent start here after being put it.

Ian Bell clearly being selected as a pinch hitter are the moment, I like him in the role.

Painful watching this ending, good work thrown away and should have got to 350 comfortably.

Bopara painful to watch. Aus just had their tightest over of the innings in the 47th.

I will make it to the West Indies one year but sadly this isn't the one :( I've got tickets to the fifth days of the Oval and Lord's tests for the Ashes, all I managed I the ballot. I did get 12 for the Lord's one though lol

Painful watching this ending, good work thrown away and should have got to 350 comfortably.

Bopara painful to watch. Aus just had their tightest over of the innings in the 47th.

Should have done better given the start but after the past two years I never thought I'd see the day we got 300+ after being put in :D

Archived