MHC Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Simply put, Pearson doesn't motivate the players sufficiently enough. Just look at Villa, Sherwood motivated a crap side who's goalscoring record is worse then ours to score two goals in 45 minutes. Pearson doesn't have this effect on the players.
NewquayFox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Always supported Pearson but his tactics are piss poor in recent games and now he is acting like Holloway in front of the cameras, thousands of City fans are devastated after that absolute crock of shite performance today and he is making jokes..... Time to step down Pearson from me I'm afraid.....
stuartn27 Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Tomorrow's mercury will read...... I STILL HAVE FAITH IN MY PLAYERS.
hackneyfox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 The formation worked against Arsenal and we're facing similarly tough opposition the next few weeks. He may have used the game today to get the same players to get more used to that formation, knowing full well it might not be the best suited tactic against Villa. Then again, we've played Villa twice this season and not looked better than them, so what harm was there in trying something different? Surely his approach shows that he is trying what he can to gain an advantage, and today it didn't pay off like it did against Arsenal. He makes the change with Ulloa and bang we concede. It's a lose-lose situation for him. He made a positive change and got punished. Should he have kept the back five? If he did and we held out in a drab draw, he would have been flamed as well. Agree I don't have a problem with playing a back 5 even if it was only against Villa but surely you'd play De Laet instead of Simpson, and how Albrighton never came on is something that nobody on here can explain. I think most people would have been happy with a draw, this year was the best chance in an age of progressing further but we've limped out with one of the worst performances ever seen.
Haydos Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Simply put, Pearson doesn't motivate the players sufficiently enough. Just look at Villa, Sherwood motivated a crap side who's goalscoring record is worse then ours to score two goals in 45 minutes. Pearson doesn't have this effect on the players. Yeah, it wasn't because we changed formations and Simpson was left immediately exposed. You forgetting the 5-3 already? Jesus Christ there's some thick ****ers on here.
hackneyfox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Tomorrow's mercury will read...... I STILL HAVE FAITH IN MY PLAYERS. Will it, hasn't he just blamed them?
l444ry Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Doubt he'll ever resign. Only ones to blame for the current joke situation are the Owners, who are dilly-dallying doing the inevitable. Brilliant Owners but their loyalty to Pearson is tragic.
hackneyfox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Yeah, it wasn't because we changed formations and Simpson was left immediately exposed. You forgetting the 5-3 already? Jesus Christ there's some thick ****ers on here. We always improve our performance when we play the bigger teams and just lose, we then just lose to teams in the bottom half. I fail to see how he's motivating players.
sly1 Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 He's not going anywhere.dont blame the owners we need them.i just want my leicester back up the foxes
hackneyfox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Yeah, it wasn't because we changed formations and Simpson was left immediately exposed. Who was it that changed the formation and left Simpson exposed? Using another mistake by NFP to defend NFP.
Landsend Fox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Unfortunately - you won't change the team until you change the manager? He commented the other day he was tired of being unlucky... very defeatist atitude if you ask me... no one in the Premeiership is going to give you the Points Mr Pearson, that's down to you as a manager to make it happen... But, as we've all seen so much this season, it isn't going to happen for the forseeable future.
Haydos Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 We always improve our performance when we play the bigger teams and just lose, we then just lose to teams in the bottom half. I fail to see how he's motivating players. I honestly believe we lack the quality. We started well and put in some good performances but we couldn't keep that up. Until recently hadn't we not lost by more than 2 goals? I know that doesn't mean that much but it shows that we do have a bit of quality and a bit of fight imo. Anyway, back to your reply. My post was more of a dig at the completely ridiculous reasoning behind some of our more mentally challenged fans. Suddenly Tim Sherwood is god? Give me strength.
Haydos Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Who was it that changed the formation and left Simpson exposed? Using another mistake by NFP to defend NFP. Stop making shit up. I've not defended Pearson, I'm knocking that guys shit post. Look at my post today, I've criticised Pearson for that and said he was baffling today. Saying that, I don't completely blame him for that, I blame ****ing Morgan for somehow forgetting we only had 2 cb's and leaving 10 yards between him and Simpson. Abysmal defending. Needs to be dropped next week and if he isn't I'll be looking at Pearson for not doing so.
Buzzell Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 He won't resign. He will still be with us when we go down.
Buzzell Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 He'll go down with his ship We're his Titanic.
davieG Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Every player underperformed to day they didn't lack effort or motivation they were just totally devoid of the skills they've shown in the past that they have. Sure I disagree with some of his decisions but then I often do when we play well. Like the West Ham players yesterday it's them that should apologise.
shen Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Agree I don't have a problem with playing a back 5 even if it was only against Villa but surely you'd play De Laet instead of Simpson, and how Albrighton never came on is something that nobody on here can explain. I think most people would have been happy with a draw, this year was the best chance in an age of progressing further but we've limped out with one of the worst performances ever seen. Why pretend that the FA cup matters? Prem survival is the only goal this season and if Pearson thinks he can utilise the cup games to benefit our league form then fine. I'm not particularly gutted about going out, and I won't imagine Pearson or the owners are either. He got a free game to train a new formation and get more game time for new players. Yes, I too would have given Albrighton a chance, but then you have to play a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 with Ulloa in the box. He's not got the pace, skill or creativity to play in this new formation, hence why Mahrez is our first choice on the right, and I think few would disagree that he's warranted a place in the team. Likewise, Schlupp has done well on the left and the combined pace on the wings is what makes this formation a potent counter-attacking one. De Laet? Well, he was getting ripped into during the first half of the season, and many thought he wouldn't be good enough at the end of last season. He has had his chances. Simpson hasn't shown to be much of an improvement, but chopping and changing for the sake of chopping and changing is not wise at this stage of the season. As for accepting a draw... I mentioned in another post that people would be frustrated had Pearson not had a go at it, saying we should have avoided a replay. It seems he cannot do anything right in the fans views. Have a go and risk being open, stay deep and not commit forward, both of those tactics had a chance of failing, and once again it did.
suffolk fox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 He should resign but he wont. Worse Leicester display all season , no passion, no fiight, no commitment sets up five at the back and one striker against bloody villa bloody villa! Fuming tactically inept and clueless get him out of my club. For those that say but who can we replace him with? How about Lennon, krancar, howe, mclaren, the gaffer at Brentford who want to play attacking football not set us up to lose by no more than two the story of our bloody season.
MHC Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Yeah, it wasn't because we changed formations and Simpson was left immediately exposed. You forgetting the 5-3 already? Jesus Christ there's some thick ****ers on here. And who changed the formation? Yeah the 5-3 that occurred nearly 6 months ago. Get over it. What gives you the right to call me that? Give me one shred of evidence to suggest I lack intelligence, and don't base it on the fact that you disagree with my opinion because that would mean the opposite. Also my bank account suggests I am actually very intelligent.
suffolk fox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Why pretend that the FA cup matters? Prem survival is the only goal this season and if Pearson thinks he can utilise the cup games to benefit our league form then fine. I'm not particularly gutted about going out, and I won't imagine Pearson or the owners are either. He got a free game to train a new formation and get more game time for new players. Yes, I too would have given Albrighton a chance, but then you have to play a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 with Ulloa in the box. He's not got the pace, skill or creativity to play in this new formation, hence why Mahrez is our first choice on the right, and I think few would disagree that he's warranted a place in the team. Likewise, Schlupp has done well on the left and the combined pace on the wings is what makes this formation a potent counter-attacking one. De Laet? Well, he was getting ripped into during the first half of the season, and many thought he wouldn't be good enough at the end of last season. He has had his chances. Simpson hasn't shown to be much of an improvement, but chopping and changing for the sake of chopping and changing is not wise at this stage of the season. As for accepting a draw... I mentioned in another post that people would be frustrated had Pearson not had a go at it, saying we should have avoided a replay. It seems he cannot do anything right in the fans views. Have a go and risk being open, stay deep and not commit forward, both of those tactics had a chance of failing, and once again it did. This still people defend the clown? If memory serves me right most persons on this forum wanted a cup win over premiership survival only yesterday.
The Horse's Mouth Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Defensively we were solid until we decided to chuck the kitchen sink at it. If there is one positive, surely Pearson has to drop Schwarzer now
cullenfox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 No chance he'll resign. As long as he retains the backing of the players and owners and keeps up the belief in his own abilities he will stay.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.