Bayfox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 he ain't gonna resign if he didn't accept the sack. pay off
the-blue-wildabeast Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Well the balance sheet and league level dictates to a large degree what kind of quality we're seeing on the pitch, whether it be cup or league games. Prem survival = better squad = better chance of success in the cup. As for the existential nature of a football club, why would a cup win change your view on modern football? But theres always an excuse to not take the cup serious and even fans like you are buying into the BS now, whether it be promotion, survival, qualify for europe etc.The game has become about balance sheets over trophies and for that I am very sad, especially as some fans appear to agree.
LJS Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 I wish all of these people calling for Pearson's head would justify it by coming up with decent, viable, realistic alternatives. Eh? They are two completely different things. You justify the removal of a manager on their performance against objectives. I would assume that Pearson's key objective was to keep us up and he looks set to fail. You appoint a new manager on the basis of their record and vision. You suss that out by speaking to candidates. I'd be amazed if private conversations with agents hadn't taken place, especially given how obvious it is that Pearson was sacked at some point last Sunday.
Guest Col city fan Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Pearson changed it. Just like 95% of the people on here wanted. Morgan and Simpson ****ed up. You're using one game as an example to prove your point, so am I. I'm trying to show you your argument is stupid. I'm sure your mum's very proud of your bank account but your dad's disappointed that you know **** all about football. I didn't want it changed. See match thread. Pearson made us more offensive at exactly the time they were having their spell.It was tactical mis-management at the most naïve level. Where we'd soaked up pressure but limited them to hardly any real chances, we suddenly became far more wide open and that was it...They took full advantage. It shows two things. People demanding such a change THEN, know sweet FA about football. Secondly, the change probably cost us the match. Still, as you said, 95% of people got exactly what they asked for AND many of those exact same people will now be damning him for doing exactly what they asked for. There's nowt so fickle as footy fans.
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Pearson is proud of what he's done here, he's totally turned the club around, why would he walk away? Bottom of the Premiership. Dear oh dear, sonny.
Salieri Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Eh? They are two completely different things. You justify the removal of a manager on their performance against objectives. I would assume that Pearson's key objective was to keep us up and he looks set to fail. You appoint a new manager on the basis of their record and vision. You suss that out by speaking to candidates. I'd be amazed if private conversations with agents hadn't taken place, especially given how obvious it is that Pearson was sacked at some point last Sunday. So, what candidates would you like to see interviewed?
HighPeakFox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 I tend to find tactics are irrelevant when your better players cannot keep the ball or pass it to team-mates
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 And I'm trying to say that my point is only stupid to you because you don't agree with it. I wanted us to stick with the 5-4-1 which was working fine so I'm not included that 95% (wherever you got that figure from). Once again give me one shred of evidence to suggest I don't know anything about football and don't use some irrelevant reason related to your disagreement of my original post because that is stupid. This is Haydos, don't forget. He lacks common sense, so it is futile to get annoyed with him. He is unaware as to just how puerile he makes himself look, and he also suffers from Darwinism. Just feel sorry for him like I do.
shen Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 But theres always an excuse to not take the cup serious and even fans like you are buying into the BS now, whether it be promotion, survival, qualify for europe etc.The game has become about balance sheets over trophies and for that I am very sad, especially as some fans appear to agree. Maybe this is because the sense of achievement is measured by sustained success rather than one-off cup runs where luck draw and sudden death games play a large part. The cup is a lottery and an unreliable measure. Yes, winning a trophy would be nice, and something we should pursue, but not at the expense of a whole season playing in a lesser league.
the-blue-wildabeast Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 I tend to find tactics are irrelevant when your better players cannot keep the ball or pass it to team-mates If we played 3 in centre midfield we may have had more options and kept the ball better. IMO our centre midfielders are not good enough or mobile enough to play in a two, it has to be a three. We lost the midfield battle again today and we will not come up against many worse.
the-blue-wildabeast Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Maybe this is because the sense of achievement is measured by sustained success rather than one-off cup runs where luck draw and sudden death games play a large part. The cup is a lottery and an unreliable measure. Yes, winning a trophy would be nice, and something we should pursue, but not at the expense of a whole season playing in a lesser league. Why is at the expense of the league? I wasnt aware we got to choose one or the other? Didnt seem to help us much at Huddersfield a few seasons back did it?
Salieri Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 This is Haydos, don't forget. He lacks common sense, so it is futile to get annoyed with him. He is unaware as to just how puerile he makes himself look, and he also suffers from Darwinism. Just feel sorry for him like I do. Oh the irony.
whitwickfox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Why would we play the same system we played against arsenal. Don't some of you jokers realise that a manager plays different systems against different teams that's having the ability to be tactical. With the gunners, there was a real drubbing on the cards Villa well villa couldn't buy a f""king goal before this game
Guest Col city fan Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Tactically, he seems clueless at this level. Today being a great example
l444ry Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Tactically, he seems clueless at this level. Today being a great example Make your mind up, Col. One minute you want him to see the season out and then he's tactically inept. Or do you actually want a "clueless" Manager running the club for the next few months?
Guest Col city fan Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Make your mind up, Col. One minute you want him to see the season out and then he's tactically inept. Or do you actually want a "clueless" Manager running the club for the next few months? It's taken an awful long time for some posters to finally shout for Pearson out. Some, I never thought I'd see. As I said soooooooo many times, if he was going, he should have gone. Now gives a new bloke such little time.
LJS Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 So, what candidates would you like to see interviewed? Well done on completely missing my point. I want him sacked now (I didn't before today) because he's doing a bad job and I've lost any faith that he can turn it around. Who else is available doesn't come into that judgement. However, in answer to your question I'd be interviewing: Eddie Howe Mark Warburton Neil Lennon Michael Laudrup Gary Rowett Just off the top of my head. But before sacking him - so now - I'd be having conversations with Martin O'Neill about coming here for a three month stint (no way he'd leave the Ireland role with a tournament on the horizon) simply because I reckon he might be able to inject some kind of fight on a short term basis. Perhaps enough to keep us up, perhaps not. But certainly enough to do better than Pearson with the remaining games. My thinking now is turning to our run in. Our final few fixtures are quite kind. Pearson has shown this season that he can't set us up to beat fellow strugglers. There will definitely be other people out there who can. Let's give one of them a shot. I await your response telling me that none of the prospective candidates I've named could possible do a better job than Nigel Pearson.
whitwickfox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Good post ljs I'd add mcclarran to that list
Sir Fynwy Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Would anyone resign if it meant giving up a seven figure payoff?
iamafox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Doesn't matter if he resigns or gets sacked, I just want him OUT. Plain and simple.
whitwickfox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 If he resigned he would probably hand his notice in to f""king hull
Izzet is God Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Pearson won't resign...and i can't see the owners sacking him after the episode last week. Unfortunately a large amount of our fans are still defending him when he has always been the same tactically inept, arrogant, argumentative seeking man he is. There is obviously a 50/50 split on those wanting him to stay or go and you can't sit on the fence with this one. Whilst I thank him for getting us out of League 1 and back to the Prem, I can't stand the bloke. His persona is not what I want to see representing our club. This season shows that he cannot manage at this level and the people defending him saying 'we'll be alright next season in the Championship' need to understand that, that quote shouldn't even come into the debate. He should be judged on this season and this season alone based on we were are now. I respect what he has done but we need to move on. 4 wins in the league this season is not good enough. Poor performances against the likes of those around us is not good enough. Whilst people may say that the players have something to answer for - he selects the players! Morgan has been poor for weeks, he doesn't know our best formation even though he's been managing us all season and god only knows why he isn't playing Albrighton. There are replacements for him and i'd be more than willing to see us with Eddie Howe or Mark Warburton now knowing that if we do go down, which is looking likely - they would have a full season rather than allow Pearson any more time. Whose not to say that we go down and then we lose at least 4 players in our team with any quality (Mahrez, Kramaric, Albrighton, Cambiasso) and we end up middle of the Champ or worse Xmas 2015. I wouldn't want Pearson then let alone now.
Clever Fox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 NP is clearly digging his own grave by his bazaar selections and tactics. I firmly believe his judgement is seriously affected by events this season. I'm not sure what if anything else he has to offer this season. If he's still here next I'm sure he will not make the same mistakes again. Our only chance now is if he changes his ways and sets the team up to win instead of not to lose.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.