shen Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 If we played 3 in centre midfield we may have had more options and kept the ball better. IMO our centre midfielders are not good enough or mobile enough to play in a two, it has to be a three. We lost the midfield battle again today and we will not come up against many worse. The formation didn't harm us too much against Arsenal though, did it? We lacked composure and initiative today, maybe because the players are not that familiar with the formation. Why is at the expense of the league? I wasnt aware we got to choose one or the other? Didnt seem to help us much at Huddersfield a few seasons back did it? ...Because that was the juxtaposition you were alluding to just earlier: Winning a cup or Prem survival. I wouldn't want to do a Wigan or a Portsmouth. Look where they are now. I'd much rather we emulate Swansea who established themselves before making a great cup run.
Burbage Fox Posted 15 February 2015 Posted 15 February 2015 Doesn't matter if he resigns or gets sacked, I just want him OUT. Plain and simple. Agree Had enough now... boring boring boring and then with 6500 of us at Villa we don't even use the substitutes and have a go.. just depressed.
roger the dodger Posted 16 February 2015 Posted 16 February 2015 Would you want to resign if you were in his position? Tactics today inexcusable but what he has built off the field as well as on it over a considerable time period isn't something I'd (nor he, I'd expect) walk away from easily. I'm still "Pearson in" but today has ****ed me off, consi nah to cocky to resign the ****
5waller5 Posted 16 February 2015 Posted 16 February 2015 Tactically, he seems clueless at this level. Today being a great example Hang on...... You were defending his tactics and laughing when I suggested that he was tactically useless. That's weird after you made such a big deal out of how well we played with 541 and how it was spot on tactically.
Webbo Posted 16 February 2015 Posted 16 February 2015 You can still resign and receive a pay out. Pearson's a proud man, if we're relegated I think he'd jump before he was pushed.
Guest MattP Posted 16 February 2015 Posted 16 February 2015 You can still resign and receive a pay out. Pearson's a proud man, if we're relegated I think he'd jump before he was pushed. Hes been shit up here yes but surely it would be baffling not to want him in charge in the Championship.
ronnup Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Well done on completely missing my point. I want him sacked now (I didn't before today) because he's doing a bad job and I've lost any faith that he can turn it around. Who else is available doesn't come into that judgement. However, in answer to your question I'd be interviewing: Eddie Howe Mark Warburton Neil Lennon Michael Laudrup Gary Rowett Just off the top of my head. But before sacking him - so now - I'd be having conversations with Martin O'Neill about coming here for a three month stint (no way he'd leave the Ireland role with a tournament on the horizon) simply because I reckon he might be able to inject some kind of fight on a short term basis. Perhaps enough to keep us up, perhaps not. But certainly enough to do better than Pearson with the remaining games. My thinking now is turning to our run in. Our final few fixtures are quite kind. Pearson has shown this season that he can't set us up to beat fellow strugglers. There will definitely be other people out there who can. Let's give one of them a shot. I await your response telling me that none of the prospective candidates I've named could possible do a better job than Nigel Pearson. Gary Rowett? Eddie Howe? Seriously?
The Doctor Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Well done on completely missing my point. I want him sacked now (I didn't before today) because he's doing a bad job and I've lost any faith that he can turn it around. Who else is available doesn't come into that judgement. However, in answer to your question I'd be interviewing: Eddie Howe Mark Warburton Neil Lennon Michael Laudrup Gary Rowett Just off the top of my head. But before sacking him - so now - I'd be having conversations with Martin O'Neill about coming here for a three month stint (no way he'd leave the Ireland role with a tournament on the horizon) simply because I reckon he might be able to inject some kind of fight on a short term basis. Perhaps enough to keep us up, perhaps not. But certainly enough to do better than Pearson with the remaining games. My thinking now is turning to our run in. Our final few fixtures are quite kind. Pearson has shown this season that he can't set us up to beat fellow strugglers. There will definitely be other people out there who can. Let's give one of them a shot. I await your response telling me that none of the prospective candidates I've named could possible do a better job than Nigel Pearson. MON never goes back, laudrup wouldn't come to us, unlikely howe would leave Bournemouth - Warburton is a good lower league manager but there's no reason to think he'd do better than Pearson, lennon isn't very good and the less said about rowett the better.
Dickov22 Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 The formation didn't work at Arsenal ! WE LOST
seenitall Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 I'm sure there were about 90% of folk on here who were prepared to keep Nige for at least this season come what may at the beginning of the season - what changed? I believe that he should have been given until Christmas (though I would have replaced him before the season started) and the league position at that point should have decided his future - that would have been the pro way to run the club - anything lower than 16th then change managers. Once again, and this is fourth or fifth time, our owners have got it completely wrong to the detriment of our club. Letting Pearson go first time was wrong - sacking Sven after 13 games was wrong (he either should have gone close season before spending the money or given to Xmas) - bringing Nigel back was wrong and not firing him after our worst run in years in the championship was wrong - we lost three years trying to get up because of the first decision and now will lose years because of the last one. We have needed a decent chairman here since our new owners took charge - we don't have one and we are as badly run as QPR, Sunderland or dare I say it Leeds - idiots in charge is our real problem
Burmesefox Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 The formation didn't work at Arsenal ! WE LOST This is what we are now; celebrating losing. I am not actually being ironic here either....I was doing it. I got on my train home from Arsenal with a smile on my face and feeling good that we only lost 2-1. In the words of the great Paul Heaton, "what have we become?"
NotTheMarketLeader Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Pearson won't resign...and i can't see the owners sacking him after the episode last week. Unfortunately a large amount of our fans are still defending him when he has always been the same tactically inept, arrogant, argumentative seeking man he is. There is obviously a 50/50 split on those wanting him to stay or go and you can't sit on the fence with this one. Whilst I thank him for getting us out of League 1 and back to the Prem, I can't stand the bloke. His persona is not what I want to see representing our club. This season shows that he cannot manage at this level and the people defending him saying 'we'll be alright next season in the Championship' need to understand that, that quote shouldn't even come into the debate. He should be judged on this season and this season alone based on we were are now. I respect what he has done but we need to move on. 4 wins in the league this season is not good enough. Poor performances against the likes of those around us is not good enough. Whilst people may say that the players have something to answer for - he selects the players! Morgan has been poor for weeks, he doesn't know our best formation even though he's been managing us all season and god only knows why he isn't playing Albrighton. There are replacements for him and i'd be more than willing to see us with Eddie Howe or Mark Warburton now knowing that if we do go down, which is looking likely - they would have a full season rather than allow Pearson any more time. Whose not to say that we go down and then we lose at least 4 players in our team with any quality (Mahrez, Kramaric, Albrighton, Cambiasso) and we end up middle of the Champ or worse Xmas 2015. I wouldn't want Pearson then let alone now. Agreed
Babylon Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Whose not to say that we go down and then we lose at least 4 players in our team with any quality (Mahrez, Kramaric, Albrighton, Cambiasso) and we end up middle of the Champ or worse Xmas 2015. I wouldn't want Pearson then let alone now. Three of which weren't here when we hammered the league last year... one only playing half a season. You talk like everyone else we've got us useless. I'll tell you now, there will be more takers for the likes of Schlupp and James than there would be Albrighton.
justfoxes Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Always been Pearson in but it is wearing a bit thin his refusal to change things bring Albrighton on is putting me closer to changing my mind if we lose against Everton and I believe if we play like we did 2nd half at the Emirates we could get all 3 points ! He won't resign he'll get a few million if he's sacked and I think daddy Thai will overrule Top if we continue like Sunday !!
SpacedX Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Light the 'blue' touch paper and retire immediately
NotTheMarketLeader Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Pearson won't resign...and i can't see the owners sacking him after the episode last week. Unfortunately a large amount of our fans are still defending him when he has always been the same tactically inept, arrogant, argumentative seeking man he is. There is obviously a 50/50 split on those wanting him to stay or go and you can't sit on the fence with this one. Whilst I thank him for getting us out of League 1 and back to the Prem, I can't stand the bloke. His persona is not what I want to see representing our club. This season shows that he cannot manage at this level and the people defending him saying 'we'll be alright next season in the Championship' need to understand that, that quote shouldn't even come into the debate. He should be judged on this season and this season alone based on we were are now. I respect what he has done but we need to move on. 4 wins in the league this season is not good enough. Poor performances against the likes of those around us is not good enough. Whilst people may say that the players have something to answer for - he selects the players! Morgan has been poor for weeks, he doesn't know our best formation even though he's been managing us all season and god only knows why he isn't playing Albrighton. There are replacements for him and i'd be more than willing to see us with Eddie Howe or Mark Warburton now knowing that if we do go down, which is looking likely - they would have a full season rather than allow Pearson any more time. Whose not to say that we go down and then we lose at least 4 players in our team with any quality (Mahrez, Kramaric, Albrighton, Cambiasso) and we end up middle of the Champ or worse Xmas 2015. I wouldn't want Pearson then let alone now. Agreed
demon_dog Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 Resign - never! He signed a four year contract, would you want to miss that pay out? Sacked - Maybe.
Guest Col city fan Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 I'm sure there were about 90% of folk on here who were prepared to keep Nige for at least this season come what may at the beginning of the season - what changed? I believe that he should have been given until Christmas (though I would have replaced him before the season started) and the league position at that point should have decided his future - that would have been the pro way to run the club - anything lower than 16th then change managers. Once again, and this is fourth or fifth time, our owners have got it completely wrong to the detriment of our club. Letting Pearson go first time was wrong - sacking Sven after 13 games was wrong (he either should have gone close season before spending the money or given to Xmas) - bringing Nigel back was wrong and not firing him after our worst run in years in the championship was wrong - we lost three years trying to get up because of the first decision and now will lose years because of the last one. We have needed a decent chairman here since our new owners took charge - we don't have one and we are as badly run as QPR, Sunderland or dare I say it Leeds - idiots in charge is our real problem It's really noticeable that your last few posts haven't been hit with abusive comments. I wonder why that is? You better hope we don't start winning again though bud, or normal service will once more be resumed.
Webbo Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 It's really noticeable that your last few posts haven't been hit with abusive comments. I wonder why that is? You better hope we don't start winning again though bud, or normal service will once more be resumed. My guess is is we're all bored with his bullsh1t.
NFPOUT Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 The formation worked against Arsenal and we're facing similarly tough opposition the next few weeks. He may have used the game today to get the same players to get more used to that formation, knowing full well it might not be the best suited tactic against Villa. Then again, we've played Villa twice this season and not looked better than them, so what harm was there in trying something different? Surely his approach shows that he is trying what he can to gain an advantage, and today it didn't pay off like it did against Arsenal. He makes the change with Ulloa and bang we concede. It's a lose-lose situation for him. He made a positive change and got punished. Should he have kept the back five? If he did and we held out in a drab draw, he would have been flamed as well. We lost at Arsenal if you remember, so it didn't work out at Arsenal, this looks like the losers mentality that Pearson seems to spread.
Danno Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 i swear everyday a new pearson out poster springs up with even less brain cells than the others. Frightening.
5waller5 Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 i swear everyday a new pearson in poster springs up with even less brain cells than the others. Frightening.
AKCJ Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 We lost at Arsenal if you remember, so it didn't work out at Arsenal, this looks like the losers mentality that Pearson seems to spread. What's your normal username? Own up so you can be thoroughly embarrassed.
shen Posted 17 February 2015 Posted 17 February 2015 We lost at Arsenal if you remember, so it didn't work out at Arsenal, this looks like the losers mentality that Pearson seems to spread. We didn't lose because of the formation though. We lost because Morgan lost his marker and because Schwarzer palmed a shot away poorly which Walcott dispatched with aplomb. We had plenty of chances to score more than the solitary goal, and the fact we didn't is because we lacked quality, not because Pearson set the team up wrong.
Swiss_tony Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 We didn't lose because of the formation though. We lost because Morgan lost his marker and because Schwarzer palmed a shot away poorly which Walcott dispatched with aplomb. We had plenty of chances to score more than the solitary goal, and the fact we didn't is because we lacked quality, not because Pearson set the team up wrong. so you're saying we lost because pearson did not bring in enough quality in the two xfer windows he had??
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.