Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
LCFCSOULBOY

Should Pearson Resign?

Recommended Posts

Posted

No. Today was absolute dog-pooh, but if, as seems likely, we find ourselves in the Championship next season, wouldn't you rather have someone at the helm who knows how to get a team up? Given that it's his squad, set-up etc etc, I think he has a greater chance of achieving that goal than anybody else I can conceivably think would come here. If he does, he'll take us up and be wiser for the experience of this disastrous season. People on here just need to toughen up a bit and get some perspective. This season has nearly slipped away. But there'll be another opportunity. It really isn't the end of the world as others who have up, down, up will testify. The time to review his position is December, for me.

Posted

He's a stubborn so and so who will never admit to an error of judgement. Just when we might have turned a corner he brings in his old mate Schwarzer- clueless!!! A decent Championship level manager who like Micky Adams 10 years ago, will be allowed to take us straight back down after winning promotion. As with MA he will then be allowed to remain in post until late Autumn before the board make the decision that should have been made after the 2-1 defeat at Villa Park in December. But does it really matter? We are LCFC and I suspect we quite enjoy yo-yo ing between the top two tiers. Remember all the bad publicity of the MON era when we were accused of rough house tactics, gamesmanship and a win at all costs mentality. Top 10 every year, it became a bit of a bore!

Posted

This still people defend the clown? If memory serves me right most persons on this forum wanted a cup win over premiership survival only yesterday.

 

Why call him a clown? I am sure he would admit that he and the players have not performed to their expected standards, but such is life.

It has not been a disastrous season where we've been humiliated.

I have not defended Pearson either, I've merely tried to explain the rationale behind Pearson's decisions, which I can incidentally understand.

I'm as frustrated as any other Leicester fan, but Pearson is not a 'clown', the players aren't suddenly 'shit' but the fans are certainly still fickle.

 

And I think fans just want success for the club. Whether it be in the cup or in the league. The cup always has a big element of luck attached to it, so success depends on a lot of unpredictable factors. Success in the league is largely the result of factors that the club can affect. Wanting a cup win over Prem survival, to me, suggests that fans are hoping rather than believing.

Posted

Loyalty to a manager who shows potential at this level is a good thing but has Pearson shown potential? Fartoo often this season he has looked incapable of knowing what to do. He then tends to retreat into a stoical, defensive and ocasionally downright aggressive response which suggests he is frustrated at his own shortcomings

leicester have money and good support but our manager is struggling and looks out ofhis depth. In contrast a cash strapped Burnley look better because their manager is clever and learns quickly. WBA also have a clever manager and to a lesser extent sodo Palace but us and now QPR do not and that is why we are looking doomed.

He will improve and is learning slowly but not quickly enough to save us and so we may lose our best players and be back to square one next year. A play off spot or worse is just not what we or the owners want next year. It really seems timehe went

Posted

He won't resign unless he believes it's in the best interests of the club. I expect that he would discuss this with the owners first to permit them to commence the search for his replacement.

There has been a lot of criticism of the team and formation today but it was more effective against Arsenal. The factor that he can't control is the players having a collective off day.

Posted

And who changed the formation? Yeah the 5-3 that occurred nearly 6 months ago. Get over it. What gives you the right to call me that? Give me one shred of evidence to suggest I lack intelligence, and don't base it on the fact that you disagree with my opinion because that would mean the opposite. Also my bank account suggests I am actually very intelligent.

Pearson changed it. Just like 95% of the people on here wanted. Morgan and Simpson ****ed up.

You're using one game as an example to prove your point, so am I. I'm trying to show you your argument is stupid.

I'm sure your mum's very proud of your bank account but your dad's disappointed that you know **** all about football.

Posted

The bloke next to me raved about the substitution then slagged it off as soon as we conceded lol

Some of our fans are hilarious. One bloke near me didn't pronounce a single name on our team sheet right.

Posted

I wish all of these people calling for Pearson's head would justify it by coming up with decent, viable, realistic alternatives.

Posted

I wish all of these people calling for Pearson's head would justify it by coming up with decent, viable, realistic alternatives.

Waste of time mate. Best and only one I've had so far is Neil ****ing Lennon.

The bloke next to me raved about the substitution then slagged it off as soon as we conceded lol

Some of our fans are hilarious. One bloke near me didn't pronounce a single name on our team sheet right.

Same as on here, everyone clamouring for the change that was made and then a load of abuse straight after the goal.

Posted

The bloke next to me raved about the substitution then slagged it off as soon as we conceded lol

Some of our fans are hilarious. One bloke near me didn't pronounce a single name on our team sheet right.

He literally cannot win lol

Posted

Waste of time mate. Best and only one I've had so far is Neil ****ing Lennon.

Same as on here, everyone clamouring for the change that was made and then a load of abuse straight after the goal.

It's just unbelievable. People do it with a straight face as well.

Posted

This still people defend the clown? If memory serves me right most persons on this forum wanted a cup win over premiership survival only yesterday.

Then your memory is clearly ****ed up.

Posted

Waste of time mate. Best and only one I've had so far is Neil ****ing Lennon.

 

I thought after last week's debacle people may have learnt a lesson. It was like 'yeaaahhhhh, Pearson's sacked, woohoo etc' quickly followed by (after seeing the utter guff that was a list of our next potential manager)  'shit, now what??'

Posted

Pearson changed it. Just like 95% of the people on here wanted. Morgan and Simpson ****ed up.

You're using one game as an example to prove your point, so am I. I'm trying to show you your argument is stupid.

I'm sure your mum's very proud of your bank account but your dad's disappointed that you know **** all about football.

And I'm trying to say that my point is only stupid to you because you don't agree with it. I wanted us to stick with the 5-4-1 which was working fine so I'm not included that 95% (wherever you got that figure from). Once again give me one shred of evidence to suggest I don't know anything about football and don't use some irrelevant reason related to your disagreement of my original post because that is stupid.

Posted

Hate saying/writing the same things week in, week out but today he showed how his blind loyalty to Wes Morgan cost us. Why on earth did he bring off Wasyl and keep Wes on? Why did he only make one substitution all game? Why did he continue to play Mahrez when he clearly looked off the pace today? Although I like Schwarzer - Ben Hamer must feel like he has done something terrible to get dropped, as must Albrighton.

 

I know some of you are going to say, 'He still hasn't took charge full time yet' etc but Sherwood today demonstrated why I think he is set to be a very good top flight manager. Went into their dressing room, gave his opinion and it soon changed.

 

Our Manager on the other hand, constantly says we are not far away. If this is 'not far away' I dread to think what is acceptable in his book. Awful!

Posted

And I'm trying to say that my point is only stupid to you because you don't agree with it. I wanted us to stick with the 5-4-1 which was working fine so I'm not included that 95% (wherever you got that figure from). Once again give me one shred of evidence to suggest I don't know anything about football and don't use some irrelevant reason related to your disagreement of my original post because that is stupid.

Because every point you make I find the logic floored. I firmly believe I'm right about this despite being livid at some of Pearson's decisions today and the last few weeks.

If the situation was different, if there were objectively better managers available then I'd probably feel a lot different.

You seem to draw conclusions from meaningless things though. I'm not going to take anyone seriously that credits Tim ****ing Sherwood for that win. Whether it's you or my mate down the pub, I'm sorry, I'm going tell both of you to stop being a knob.

Posted

Why pretend that the FA cup matters? Prem survival is the only goal this season and if Pearson thinks he can utilise the cup games to benefit our league form then fine. I'm not particularly gutted about going out, and I won't imagine Pearson or the owners are either. He got a free game to train a new formation and get more game time for new players.

 

Yes, I too would have given Albrighton a chance, but then you have to play a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 with Ulloa in the box. He's not got the pace, skill or creativity to play in this new formation, hence why Mahrez is our first choice on the right, and I think few would disagree that he's warranted a place in the team.

 

Likewise, Schlupp has done well on the left and the combined pace on the wings is what makes this formation a potent counter-attacking one.

 

De Laet? Well, he was getting ripped into during the first half of the season, and many thought he wouldn't be good enough at the end of last season. He has had his chances.

Simpson hasn't shown to be much of an improvement, but chopping and changing for the sake of chopping and changing is not wise at this stage of the season.

 

As for accepting a draw... I mentioned in another post that people would be frustrated had Pearson not had a go at it, saying we should have avoided a replay. It seems he cannot do anything right in the fans views. Have a go and risk being open, stay deep and not commit forward, both of those tactics had a chance of failing, and once again it did.

What's the point anymore in supporting a team if you ain't bothered about winning trophies? Chances are we are going down, I couldn't careless about our balance sheet and realistically we will never win the premier league, so if we ain't gonna try and win a cup why even exist as a football club? Modern football is shit...

Posted

What's the point anymore in supporting a team if you ain't bothered about winning trophies? Chances are we are going down, I couldn't careless about our balance sheet and realistically we will never win the premier league, so if we ain't gonna try and win a cup why even exist as a football club? Modern football is shit...

 

Well the balance sheet and league level dictates to a large degree what kind of quality we're seeing on the pitch, whether it be cup or league games. Prem survival = better squad = better chance of success in the cup.

As for the existential nature of a football club, why would a cup win change your view on modern football?

Posted

Coco wont resign, he is on at least 30K per week.

 

Would you give that up even though you knew you were shit.

Posted

lol...Resign??/

Are you deluded?

This is the man who belittled a club like Burnley when about 10-15 other clubs could say that about us

This is the guy who tells fans to fook off and die

Throttles a player and tells MOTD i can look aftermyself??

Then tries to hammer MOTD presenters about somethuing which baffles all the footballing world anyway,but he deems it not newsworthy!

He's really gonna resing from his 1miilion £ contract

Posted

No. Today was absolute dog-pooh, but if, as seems likely, we find ourselves in the Championship next season, wouldn't you rather have someone at the helm who knows how to get a team up? Given that it's his squad, set-up etc etc, I think he has a greater chance of achieving that goal than anybody else I can conceivably think would come here. If he does, he'll take us up and be wiser for the experience of this disastrous season. People on here just need to toughen up a bit and get some perspective. This season has nearly slipped away. But there'll be another opportunity. It really isn't the end of the world as others who have up, down, up will testify. The time to review his position is December, for me.

Don't agree we should leave it to December.

We have to plan for the situation we want to happen. That is PL football over a sustained period. That's the long term plan.

Pearson has proven he can't cut it at that level, so we need to try someone else who may do.

We should give the new guy as long as possible to acheive getting is back there next season, which means getting that person in place asap.

Before you ask, Lennon or Laudrup I would be happy with.

Nige has had his chance and failed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...