shen Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 so you're saying we lost because pearson did not bring in enough quality in the two xfer windows he had?? Yes, partly, although I think it's been discussed to death whether the blame can be laid entirely at Pearson's door here.
SpacedX Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 We didn't lose because of the formation though. We lost because Morgan lost his marker and because Schwarzer palmed a shot away poorly which Walcott dispatched with aplomb. We had plenty of chances to score more than the solitary goal, and the fact we didn't is because we lacked quality, not because Pearson set the team up wrong. Agree.and disagree. The formation was sound - but as per usual the selection was flawed. Konch v Walcott? Genius Nige!
shen Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Agree.and disagree. The formation was sound - but as per usual the selection was flawed. Konch v Walcott? Genius Nige! Fair point. Again it points to a lack of quality in that position. I'm sure Pearson has tried to strengthen that position, but was not able to find a suitable candidate for whatever reason. Had Schlupp played at left-back though it could just as easily have been a goal. Despite his speed, he's not exactly flawless in his positioning (understandably so).
FLINTHAMFC Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 NOT A CHANCE I sometimes wonder what Leicester fans expect. Most of my Foxes supporting life has been spent in the lower leagues. Our forays into the top flight have been few and far between. We were promoted to the Premier League last season and whether you like it or not that means we are one of the three worst teams in the league. Pearson has the club exactly where we should be, which is where everyone HOPED we wouldn't be. Perhaps romping to the title last season lifted the expectations to unrealistic levels? I have seen some pretty poor performances this season, but the majority of the games I have seen, we have competed and arguably been the better side in many of those games. Sure you can only bemoan your luck or lack of it, for so long, but we have to be realistic as supporters. Those of us on here who have jobs, I would argue, do not excel at those every day or even most days. A realistic goal for Pearson, is survival in the Premier League. Last time I checked we were still in with a realistic chance of survival. The players are clearly behind him and I suggest we, the supporters do likewise. Squabbling and starting silly threads on forums will only undermine the unity needed to survive in the Premier League. One day when Pearson does leave our club I will look back on his years of service on par with the MON years, perhaps even higher. His win ratio is stunning, as a whole or as two separate periods of tenure. Some of the signings he has made have been the best of the last 20 years. Mahrez from nowhere cost pennies.....worth how much now? James, Drinky, Vardy, Knockaert, let's face it there haven't been many bad ones. Most the decisions he has made have paid off and some. I really struggle to get my head around the amount of negativity aimed at Pearson. I even like him as a man. The way he conducts himself with regards to transfers is a breath of fresh air. refusing point blank to talk about deals until the deals are done or are made public knowledge by the other club. I even forgive him for telling the fan to eff off and die, who wouldn't in that situation? If I were a wealthy man, I would stick every penny on the manager who follows Pearson not even coming close to achieving anywhere near half of what Pearson has.
Swiss_tony Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 on a par with MON?? you're having a laugh now. pearson has achieved one promotion to the prem out of three chances, and then straight back down. that puts him on a par with little.
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 i swear everyday a new pearson out poster springs up with even less brain cells than the others. Frightening. What's your normal username? Own up so you can be thoroughly embarrassed. Why should he be embarrassed, when he's right? You're the one who should feel embarrassed, supporting a lame duck, and a supposed manager who is nothing but a quack, this season.
Guest MattP Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Is basic spelling that hard these days? The levels of illiteracy on this site over the last week or so is frightening.
Danno Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 This. Is basic spelling that hard these days? The levels of illiteracy on this site over the last week or so is frightening. wrong post mate
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Three of which weren't here when we hammered the league last year... one only playing half a season. You talk like everyone else we've got us useless. I'll tell you now, there will be more takers for the likes of Schlupp and James than there would be Albrighton. Come on Babs, you know as well as I do that is a supposition based on what we did last season.. It is meaningless, when applied to next season, should we go down.
Voll Blau Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 wrong post mate You've got to admit though, that bloke copying your post and changing one word in it is wit personified.
Fox92 Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Why would he resign. He's rebuilt the club, on and off the field, twice. No point in throwing all that away. If we get relegated or even if we stay up he'll probably have to rebuild again.
FLINTHAMFC Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Hang on MON only won one promotion to the Premier League. He pretty much scraped that by the skin of his teeth. I seem to remember fans, probably the same ones who want Pearson out now, spitting on him at one point. Straight back down!! Regardless of how your tiny little brain views it, Pearson and Leicester are not relegated. At least if you are going to slag off Pearson get your facts right.
stingray Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Hang on MON only won one promotion to the Premier League. Only one !? Well that was because we STAYED UP
FLINTHAMFC Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Sorry I didn't know we had been relegated. Have we been docked points for have muppet fans?
Swiss_tony Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Sorry I didn't know we had been relegated. Have we been docked points for have muppet fans? no, but we should be docked points for fans that have a go at MON to defend pearson. what an idiot.
l444ry Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 no, but we should be docked points for fans that have a go at MON to defend pearson. what an idiot. Can't believe the lengths some people will go to defend the indefensible. Utterly incredible!
Mr Weller Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Only the most pearson tainted spectacle wearer would seriously suggest his record bears comparison to MON and the judgement of such a person would be in major doubt. MON took a team in mid year and turned them rapidly into a mjor force in the prem
NotTheMarketLeader Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 NOT A CHANCE I sometimes wonder what Leicester fans expect. Most of my Foxes supporting life has been spent in the lower leagues. Our forays into the top flight have been few and far between. We were promoted to the Premier League last season and whether you like it or not that means we are one of the three worst teams in the league. Pearson has the club exactly where we should be, which is where everyone HOPED we wouldn't be. Perhaps romping to the title last season lifted the expectations to unrealistic levels? I have seen some pretty poor performances this season, but the majority of the games I have seen, we have competed and arguably been the better side in many of those games. Sure you can only bemoan your luck or lack of it, for so long, but we have to be realistic as supporters. Those of us on here who have jobs, I would argue, do not excel at those every day or even most days. A realistic goal for Pearson, is survival in the Premier League. Last time I checked we were still in with a realistic chance of survival. The players are clearly behind him and I suggest we, the supporters do likewise. Squabbling and starting silly threads on forums will only undermine the unity needed to survive in the Premier League. One day when Pearson does leave our club I will look back on his years of service on par with the MON years, perhaps even higher. His win ratio is stunning, as a whole or as two separate periods of tenure. Some of the signings he has made have been the best of the last 20 years. Mahrez from nowhere cost pennies.....worth how much now? James, Drinky, Vardy, Knockaert, let's face it there haven't been many bad ones. Most the decisions he has made have paid off and some. I really struggle to get my head around the amount of negativity aimed at Pearson. I even like him as a man. The way he conducts himself with regards to transfers is a breath of fresh air. refusing point blank to talk about deals until the deals are done or are made public knowledge by the other club. I even forgive him for telling the fan to eff off and die, who wouldn't in that situation? If I were a wealthy man, I would stick every penny on the manager who follows Pearson not even coming close to achieving anywhere near half of what Pearson has. From you first sentance I glean you are not old. You have been unlucky with the last ten year spell. We are a big club with a history of generally being in the top division. Don't base you expectations on what crap you have had to put with, we and a club of our size all deserve better than the bullshit Pearson has served up this season. It has simply not been good enough. I'd sack him - as he's not done the decent thing in resigning
NotTheMarketLeader Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Hang on MON only won one promotion to the Premier League. He pretty much scraped that by the skin of his teeth. I seem to remember fans, probably the same ones who want Pearson out now, spitting on him at one point. Straight back down!! Regardless of how your tiny little brain views it, Pearson and Leicester are not relegated. At least if you are going to slag off Pearson get your facts right. They are down barring a miracle. If you believe they will stay up give me £500 at 4/11 available with bookmakers.
Salieri Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 NOT A CHANCE I sometimes wonder what Leicester fans expect. Most of my Foxes supporting life has been spent in the lower leagues. Our forays into the top flight have been few and far between. We were promoted to the Premier League last season and whether you like it or not that means we are one of the three worst teams in the league. Pearson has the club exactly where we should be, which is where everyone HOPED we wouldn't be. Perhaps romping to the title last season lifted the expectations to unrealistic levels? I have seen some pretty poor performances this season, but the majority of the games I have seen, we have competed and arguably been the better side in many of those games. Sure you can only bemoan your luck or lack of it, for so long, but we have to be realistic as supporters. Those of us on here who have jobs, I would argue, do not excel at those every day or even most days. A realistic goal for Pearson, is survival in the Premier League. Last time I checked we were still in with a realistic chance of survival. The players are clearly behind him and I suggest we, the supporters do likewise. Squabbling and starting silly threads on forums will only undermine the unity needed to survive in the Premier League. One day when Pearson does leave our club I will look back on his years of service on par with the MON years, perhaps even higher. His win ratio is stunning, as a whole or as two separate periods of tenure. Some of the signings he has made have been the best of the last 20 years. Mahrez from nowhere cost pennies.....worth how much now? James, Drinky, Vardy, Knockaert, let's face it there haven't been many bad ones. Most the decisions he has made have paid off and some. I really struggle to get my head around the amount of negativity aimed at Pearson. I even like him as a man. The way he conducts himself with regards to transfers is a breath of fresh air. refusing point blank to talk about deals until the deals are done or are made public knowledge by the other club. I even forgive him for telling the fan to eff off and die, who wouldn't in that situation? If I were a wealthy man, I would stick every penny on the manager who follows Pearson not even coming close to achieving anywhere near half of what Pearson has. O'Neill quote aside, a good post.
NFPOUT Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 NOT A CHANCE I sometimes wonder what Leicester fans expect. Most of my Foxes supporting life has been spent in the lower leagues. Our forays into the top flight have been few and far between. We were promoted to the Premier League last season and whether you like it or not that means we are one of the three worst teams in the league. Pearson has the club exactly where we should be, which is where everyone HOPED we wouldn't be. Perhaps romping to the title last season lifted the expectations to unrealistic levels? I have seen some pretty poor performances this season, but the majority of the games I have seen, we have competed and arguably been the better side in many of those games. Sure you can only bemoan your luck or lack of it, for so long, but we have to be realistic as supporters. Those of us on here who have jobs, I would argue, do not excel at those every day or even most days. A realistic goal for Pearson, is survival in the Premier League. Last time I checked we were still in with a realistic chance of survival. The players are clearly behind him and I suggest we, the supporters do likewise. Squabbling and starting silly threads on forums will only undermine the unity needed to survive in the Premier League. One day when Pearson does leave our club I will look back on his years of service on par with the MON years, perhaps even higher. His win ratio is stunning, as a whole or as two separate periods of tenure. Some of the signings he has made have been the best of the last 20 years. Mahrez from nowhere cost pennies.....worth how much now? James, Drinky, Vardy, Knockaert, let's face it there haven't been many bad ones. Most the decisions he has made have paid off and some. I really struggle to get my head around the amount of negativity aimed at Pearson. I even like him as a man. The way he conducts himself with regards to transfers is a breath of fresh air. refusing point blank to talk about deals until the deals are done or are made public knowledge by the other club. I even forgive him for telling the fan to eff off and die, who wouldn't in that situation? If I were a wealthy man, I would stick every penny on the manager who follows Pearson not even coming close to achieving anywhere near half of what Pearson has. is it idiot week ?
NFPOUT Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 Hang on MON only won one promotion to the Premier League. He pretty much scraped that by the skin of his teeth. I seem to remember fans, probably the same ones who want Pearson out now, spitting on him at one point. Straight back down!! Regardless of how your tiny little brain views it, Pearson and Leicester are not relegated. At least if you are going to slag off Pearson get your facts right. You'll get good odds on us not going down, bet you won't be taking advantage though !
Mr Weller Posted 18 February 2015 Posted 18 February 2015 MON was by far the best post war manager we had with the possible exception of Matt Gilles and once you have seen this you cannot worship a manager with one good championship season and a disasterous prem season to his name. Lcfc was rebuilt by a combination of Mandaric and King Power.Pearson has been ok and we had an excellent year last season but the real acid test for lcfc managers is whether they can get the club to punch above its historic weight which averages out at somewhere between the bottom 5 of the prem and top 5 of the champ. Pearson has very much failed to do this even if his record stands out as better than the dire group we had in the mid-2000's. He deserved the chance this year to establish us at this level but it looks likehe's blown it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.