Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harwich fox

Straw Poll Who thinks Nigel should go?

I'm affraid the Pearson supporters spouting the fact that he would be the best option to bring us straight back up are really far off the mark.should it happen and it definitely isn't a given, do they really then think the board would keep him based on the poor effort he has made this season without the slightest bit of improvement, and the continuous embarrassment

he brings on the club.would these pearsonites be happy to get back up and then get rid of him. Is that what they actually would be happy with or would they be satisfied with another season like this one

You have to look at all elements involved to see if you have the correct manager.

Is the recruitment right? is there a togetherness within the group? are the performances good? are we getting results?

Results are important, but if you haven't been given the resources to achieve them, then you can only get right all the other elements and hope you have enough to achieve them.

That is unless you take a more wild card approach, where you have all sorts of issues knocking around, no structure etc, yet you have a manager short term that manages to turn things around.

Depends what approach you want or need to take I suppose.

Is Pearson the right person going forward? At this point I do not know. Is the good that he has put in place started to unfold and is there unrest? If so a change maybe needed. If not, then maybe he could take us back up if there is still a strong togetherness and structure.

There will be a couple of individuals down at the training ground on a daily basis monitoring the whole thing and I think they may well be influential in whether Pearson is here next season.

If I was to put money on it, I think he will be gone. The two instances he has been involved in at the side of the pitch, together with a few other issues and the fact that those assessing him will question a few obvious team selections, will mean we will start afresh.

You have to look at all elements involved to see if you have the correct manager.

Is the recruitment right? is there a togetherness within the group? are the performances good? are we getting results?

Results are important, but if you haven't been given the resources to achieve them, then you can only get right all the other elements and hope you have enough to achieve them.

That is unless you take a more wild card approach, where you have all sorts of issues knocking around, no structure etc, yet you have a manager short term that manages to turn things around.

Depends what approach you want or need to take I suppose.

Is Pearson the right person going forward? At this point I do not know. Is the good that he has put in place started to unfold and is there unrest? If so a change maybe needed. If not, then maybe he could take us back up if there is still a strong togetherness and structure.

There will be a couple of individuals down at the training ground on a daily basis monitoring the whole thing and I think they may well be influential in whether Pearson is here next season.

If I was to put money on it, I think he will be gone. The two instances he has been involved in at the side of the pitch, together with a few other issues and the fact that those assessing him will question a few obvious team selections, will mean we will start afresh.

Many of the qualities you've referred to are things that we as fans can't measure. We don't know how strong the sense of togetherness is, for instance. So our only measure is whether our manager at the time achieves his objectives.

Pearson was employed at a time when the club had quite realistic aims of getting promoted and staying in the Premier League. Sven had referred to this has being his task previously. In 2012/13 it was clear that promotion was our objective, and Pearson failed. A year later he succeeded. This year, and upon the renewal of his contract, his task was to stay up. He appears to have failed.

So with that in mind, and considering thar our realistic ambition should still be to stay in the PL, or go back up and stay in it, and seeing as Pearson has been shown a lot of patience by the board in being given a fair chance at pulling this off, but has not looked capable thus far of pulling it off, I suspect he'll be moved on.

Even if we do return to the PL, we'll know that there's a very good chance we'll have to move him on quickly. It's hardly conducive to stability; and the board might feel that more of the team he built over two-and-a-half years in the second tier should have been capable of making the step-up.

PL survival doesn't begin upon promotion, it begins in the squad you put together while you're getting promoted, and with that in mind I think they'll deem that he's not achieved what he came here to achieve, and should go. Plus, if things don't improve we will not only have been relegated, but spectacularly and embarrassingly relegated, and there will be no reason to believe Pearson has learnt from, or made progress during the course of his top flight humiliation. He'd be no more attractive for a side seeking what we seek, than the likes of Phil Brown, Aidy Boothroyd, Danny Wilson or Micky Adams.

In football these days managers, and players, and expected to be super-human. In life how does one Learn and progress with experience of failure.

What pearson has proved this season, is not that this level is 'out of his depth', but that he hasn't experienced it before.

Of course, everyone on here was born with the abilities to tie their shoelaces, ride a bike and drive a car.

In football these days managers, and players, and expected to be super-human. In life how does one Learn and progress with experience of failure.

What pearson has proved this season, is not that this level is 'out of his depth', but that he hasn't experienced it before.

Of course, everyone on here was born with the abilities to tie their shoelaces, ride a bike and drive a car.

He's 51 years old, he's been in football 34 years. If there's something he doesn't know now he's never likely too.

COBBLERS!  lol

He's 51 years old, he's been in football 34 years. If there's something he doesn't know now he's never likely too.

No offence but load of rubbish imo, he's not been a PL manager in recent times before this year and your first year of management at this level can teach you a lot. 

The fact of the matter is that Pearson has lead us up the hill from League 1, just like the 'Grand Old Duke of York' and lead us down again, admittedly not to League 1 but when is time for a change? He can't and won't be our manager until he retires and the way I see it is best for him to go at the end of the season and start afresh.

He's not a Premiership manager and at times has looked out of his depth at this level. Just like players they all have their own level.

No offence but load of rubbish imo, he's not been a PL manager in recent times before this year and your first year of management at this level can teach you a lot. 

Tactics are tactics no matter what division you're in.The players were just as fit as last season. He's surely managing the players in the same way as last season? 

What has he learnt that he didn't already know and how come we're not improving as the season progresses?

Even I'm pissed off with them now, buddy.  :rolleyes:

Every fvcking topic ends up in Pearson out after about 5 post's.

Getting to the point that it is not worth posting anymore.

I know most topic's go off topic at some point.

But just seems since christmas every topic has ended up about the same thing.

Jesus Christ 10 points out of the last 22 games is just horrific.

Probably not relevant to this thread but it's really starting to sink in that we've been beyond "beyond shit" for over half a season.

What a miserable season.

Really starting to sink in...

What, just recently..

:o

Were the owners right to stick by Nigel Pearson and should they stick with him even if City go down?

I have stated before I felt City's best chance of surviving was sticking with Pearson. He has built this squad and the players are giving everything for him. You could certainly argue that changing manager provides a short-term boost and many of Pearson's critics will point to the job Tony Pulis did at Crystal Palace and is now doing at West Brom. However, I believe City's scenario is similar to the one Wolverhampton Wanderers faced when they decided to sack Mick McCarthy. Like City, that Wolves side was hard working, honest and loyal to McCarthy, and they sank without trace after his sacking because Wolves didn't have a suitable replacement. I can't see any manager out there who could do any better than Pearson at this stage of the season. If the worse does happen, then I hope City don't throw away all the progress that has been made over the last three years and come back stronger.

THIS

Archived