Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

6 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

It needs to move away from the traditional format to progress the games. 

Not necessarily, they can keep the same format and add minor tweaks and novel aspects.

But releasing another game going completely off piste in tandem is a good way to allow them to be a bit more creative with their  ideas 

29 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Have to say I'm loving Pokémon so far, the grand underground is a brilliant thing, love how they've tweaked it

Been missing so many of the starters in my living Dex from the earlier games, love that you can find so many of them in the Grand Underground

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two Los Angeles police officers were fired for chasing Pokémon rather than fleeing robbers, court documents show.

The pair were parked nearby when a radio call came in for officers to respond to a shop robbery.

But a review of their in-car camera footage showed they had been playing Pokémon Go and chose to pursue a nearby Snorlax - a relatively rare catch - instead of providing back-up.

The pair denied playing the game but were sacked after an investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59953330

Outstanding commitment to becoming the very best. Probably not worth it long term though. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Reviews for Legends Arceus are looking promising. Got my copy coming tomorrow fingers crossed 

I've had it installed since Monday, it's been painful looking at that icon on the home screen and not being able to activate it...  Only 3 hours to go now though!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've had it installed since Monday, it's been painful looking at that icon on the home screen and not being able to activate it...  Only 3 hours to go now though!

Played an hour or so this morning before work. Really fun so far, looking forward to making a proper dent into it 

22 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

What's the verdict everyone? My copy isn't showing up until tomorrow. :angry:

Early impression: Textures are embarrassingly poor but anyone who was paying attention knew that would be the case already (less said about the water and the 'mirror' in your cabin the better).  The gameplay itself is so far pretty enjoyable, the sheer amount of objectives you need to complete for each pokemon means there's a lot for completionists to get their teeth into, it might get repetitive after a while but so far I'm having a relaxing jaunt across the fields catching as many bidoofs and starly as possible. 

The turn order system for battles is cool, priority moves now function based on the user's stats so you can end up with situations where for instance my lv10 cyndaquil using ember consistently outpaces a lv6 shinx using quick attack.

Can't really give any in depth verdict yet though, I've barely scratched the story.

@Carl the Llama

A while ago when I asked about getting a pokemon game on the switch to try and get myself and my missus interested in you said wait a bit cos something better was coming out. 

I can't remember if you were talking about this or the remake they did around November sometime. 

Either way, what would you rate as the best pokemon title on the switch, is this one good and would you recommend it to a first timer? *

(I've played like pokemon blue/red and a few weeks of Go) 

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@Carl the Llama

A while ago when I asked about getting a pokemon game on the switch to try and get myself and my missus interested in you said wait a bit cos something better was coming out. 

I can't remember if you were talking about this or the remake they did around November sometime. 

Either way, what would you rate as the best pokemon title on the switch, is this one good and would you recommend it to a first timer? *

(I've played like pokemon blue/red and a few weeks of Go) 

I imagine I'd have been talking about the DP remakes as they better represent the 'traditional' Pokemon experience.  Legends Arceus is a very different game which is still too early for me to give a fair opinion on.  I like it so far but a lot of the joy I'm getting is from experiencing things that I've wanted in Pokemon games since I was a kid, like being able to stalk and catch pokemon in real time in the overworld without engaging in combat.  I'm not sure it would seem as big of a deal without that previous experience of the games. It's so far looking like a very good step in the right direction for the open world pokemon game every 90's kid has been waiting for, but it will probably be a couple of weeks before I can give a full verdict.  So for the time being I'd stick with my original answer of BD/SP, especially for a first timer to Pokemon.  SwSh is still probably the superior title in terms of the online multiplayer scene by virtue of how much better the postgame facilitates grinding out fully min-maxed competitive teams, but the campaign is a bit gash and their iteration of open world pokemon encounters always felt a bit arbitrary and that's now compounded by Legends Arceus's version of it.

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Would it change your answer if I say I'm a big fan of BOTW and say I've always thought that the pokemon series would benefit from transitioning in to a fully 3d adventure RPG format? 

Then yes I think you might enjoy the shift to a heavily inventory management and crafting focused style of gameplay.  Just don't expect it to be nearly as pretty as BOTW, this really is not a game for graphical purists lol 

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Then yes I think you might enjoy the shift to a heavily inventory management and crafting focused style of gameplay.  Just don't expect it to be nearly as pretty as BOTW, this really is not a game for graphical purists lol 

Yeah I've seen some memes comparing the graphics in this to like Morrowind on pc and it's not flattering lol

Blows my mind that a flagship Nintendo product can look that bad when botw was so pretty on such low specs. 

Is the ugliness of the new pokemon genuinely distracting? 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I've seen some memes comparing the graphics in this to like Morrowind on pc and it's not flattering lol

Blows my mind that a flagship Nintendo product can look that bad when botw was so pretty on such low specs. 

Is the ugliness of the new pokemon genuinely distracting? 

Been playing it for a few hours tonight and personally it doesn't take anything away from the game really

It is great being able to enjoy the new aspects of the game which are pretty fun

Also cant complain about going around getting my ass handed to me by an Alpha Rapidash lol

Edited by moore_94

Just started Arceus and loving the feel of it already. It's so refreshing and what I thought the franchise has needed for a long time.

BD/SP feels so pedestrian compared to it (I'm a bit behind as Red Dead has taken most of my gaming time)