Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Unlucky in the end by the Eagles with Jeffrey missing a routine catch which was intercepted. Interesting to see where Foles goes next. Got to fancy the Saints. Have to feel that a QB such as Brees that he should have at least more than one Super Bowl with the career he's had. Something keeps bringing me back to the Pats though. Been there and done it. 

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Get outta town! Really? When was this? Late 80s, early 90s?

Image result for sean payton leicester panthers

Image result for sean payton leicester panthers

Believe it or not. Was a brief spell in 1988 I believe. Wearing the Brees' number 9 too lol Safron Lane to the Super Bowl.

Edited by Ian Nacho
  • Like 1

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

I'm going Saints and Chiefs tonight. Anyone watching? Not sure I can justify the later game with work tomorrow :(

I'll tune in in a bit. Cowboys are out, so no one to root for. Eagles are out, so no one to root against. Wouldn't mind any of the Rams, Saints or Chiefs winning it all. Not that keen on the Pats but you have to grudgingly admire their consistent excellence for nearly 2 decades now.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't give much of a toss about either of these. Someone convince me who to support. 

I was leaning towards Saints as Rams just moved and I don't really like that. But then I read Drew Brees endorses MLM so **** that guy. 

I don't agree with all the moving around either. They did move back to LA from St. Louis. Their longest tenure in any one place was in LA, and it is probably the city they are most associated with. They originally started out in Cleveland.

8 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Saints will be sick with that decision. But they've only got themselves to blame really for some of their plays. Gotta give Rams credit for hanging in there in the early stages and then coming through with Greg the leg at the end there. Enjoyable game!

Yeah, that's fair comment. The officials cost them right at the end. But when you're 13-0 up at home should you be letting it go to the end?

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier