Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Total overhaul who will go?

To me it shows the owner's want to succeed and are serious in their quest to get us into Europe, players come and go, wether that's crowd pleaser's or the bench warmers, that's football at the end of the day folks, the players we are bidding for and are linked with WILL be a huge improvement on some we already have, mark my words come the end of the season we will wonder what everyone was worrying about

pearson was undoubtably the best manager to manage leicester city right now. by about eight million miles. 

like you said it's happened and he's gone and he shouldn't have, but i find it bemusing that anyone would be more excited and looking forward to the new season more now, with 5 weeks to go and no manager and names like steve cotterill and neil lennon being seriously touted, than when we had pearson in charge. that's not filling me with excitement, it's filling me with complete and utter dread. 

I don't get how anyone can be optimistic at this point. I predict we'll be this season's Hull/QPR of last season. I hope I'm proved wrong.

If it's to be believed that the owners want to splash the cash and get us into Europe who goes??

My thoughts are we've seen the last of Nugent, De Laet, Drinkwater, James, Morgan, King, Hamer, Kram and Simpson

All above are OK but not good enough to be in a team with ambitions of top 6 or 7

I'm not endorsing the massive overhaul but fear for these players futures

kramaric will be a big player !!

My thoughts are we've seen the last of Nugent, De Laet, Drinkwater, James, Morgan, King, Hamer, Kram and Simpson

All above are OK but not good enough to be in a team with ambitions of top 6 or 7

All subjective and depends on where they play and who they play with – but I think a bit harsh to write James, King and Kramaric as "not good enough" for a squad looking to break into top 6-7.

Even if you don't see them as opening XI, they'd be more than capable of doing a job as back ups, surely?

If it's to be believed that the owners want to splash the cash and get us into Europe who goes??

I'm not endorsing the massive overhaul but fear for these players futures

Morgan has been a liability so agree there

Drinkwater James could be good enough

Kramaric if given game time definitely good enough

Hamer good enough quality back up for Kasper

King well he will be there as long as he wants too !!

Can see us selling nugent Simpson delaet Morgan Konchesky possibly Moore and a few more fringe players will be a different squad from last year but let's hope it's for the best and will bring in more quality players to give us what the owners and we want for our club!

Premier League survival and possibly European football and who knows in years to come challenge for a top 4 finish !! ;)

Honestly, i really dont share the negativity.

Pearson was doing a good job, and no doubt he would have continued to do a good job.

But we are improving the squad and looking to improve it even further, and could be bringing  in a manager in Hiddink with real quality.

The criticism of the owners in my opinion is going way, way over the top and everyone needs to calm down a bit.

I still believe the future is very bright here.

Honestly, i really dont share the negativity.

Pearson was doing a good job, and no doubt he would have continued to do a good job.

But we are improving the squad and looking to improve it even further, and could be bringing  in a manager in Hiddink with real quality.

The criticism of the owners in my opinion is going way, way over the top and everyone needs to calm down a bit.

I still believe the future is very bright here.

- Best/most successful manager in 10+ years sacked

- No new manager announced - and some clubs have already started pre-season a while ago while we're still reeling

- Making headlines for trying to buy or buying every available PL striker or striker with PL quality off the planet as of late when it's clear we need to strengthen in midfield and defense more than anything

The new boss might as well destroy everything that has been built and the positive development which we've been able to witness over the past five to six years.

- Best/most successful manager in 10+ years sacked

- No new manager announced - and some clubs have already started pre-season a while ago while we're still reeling

- Making headlines for trying to buy or buying every available PL striker or striker with PL quality off the planet as of late when it's clear we need to strengthen in midfield and defense more than anything

The new boss might as well destroy everything that has been built and the positive development which we've been able to witness over the past five to six years.

Jesus, wheres the nearest bridge?

I just dont share the total negativity. Being linked with quality players doesnt upset me.

I just dont share the total negativity. Being linked with quality players doesnt upset me.

How can you not see why people are worried, when we've already seen what happens when these owners replace Pearson with big names?

How can you not see why people are worried, when we've already seen what happens when these owners replace Pearson with big names?

Because i can still see the club moving forward. I see us signing quality, i see the board with a clear intention to improve the football club, i see a serious managerial candidate with excellent credentials, and  i see us continuing to build.

Is it a crime to suggest that?

Because i can still see the club moving forward. I see us signing quality, i see the board with a clear intention to improve the football club, i see a serious managerial candidate with excellent credentials, and  i see us continuing to build.

But that's exactly what we thought when Sven showed up, and look what happened - we ended up wasting millions on a flabby uncohesive squad full of the likes of Pantsil, Bednar and crocked space-wasters like Michaels Johnson and Ball who managed to perform worse than Pearson's League 1 poverty team had just one year previously.

Where's the evidence to suggest that this won't be just a repeat of that?

Team spirit and cohesion counts for a lot, and throwing money at the team for the sake of having household names at the club can only destroy that.

But that's exactly what we thought when Sven showed up, and look what happened - we ended up wasting millions on a flabby uncohesive squad full of the likes of Pantsil, Bednar and crocked space-wasters like Michaels Johnson and Ball who managed to perform worse than Pearson's League 1 poverty team had just one year previously.

Where's the evidence to suggest that this won't be just a repeat of that?

Team spirit and cohesion counts for a lot, and throwing money at the team for the sake of having household names at the club can only destroy that.

New signings doesnt have to mean everything goes to shit though does it. Pearson leaving and a new man coming in, likewise.

Lets be fair, these arent the Michael Balls and Michael Johnsons we are talking about. Theyd both lost their way and were gamble signings. Charlie Austin gets goals. If he was to stay fit, it would be a cracking signing. Likewise Huth was an absolute rock and weve bagged him, Fuchs is a quality player, and if we were to get Kante, that would be an extremely tidy squad.

Lets just give it a chance before we hit the panic button. This place is reaching a level of hysteria that is starting to border on stupid now. Lets all just take a step back and realise next season could be excellent.

Big names doesn't guarantee success. We had that with Sven. We need quality players with the right attitude. That's the recipe for success. QPR had a team of big names and were easily the worst team in the league. This is not football manager where you can sign big names and they will perform.

Guest LCFC_World

Hopefully no one (apart from Danny Simpson maybe). We need to keep this team together, and need the right man (Hopefully Neil Lennon) to do this. It's no good rushing things, these things take time.

Big names doesn't guarantee success. We had that with Sven. We need quality players with the right attitude. That's the recipe for success. QPR had a team of big names and were easily the worst team in the league. This is not football manager where you can sign big names and they will perform.

I agree, but Austin IS a quality player, Okazaki IS a quality player, so is Huth, so is Fuchs, and i am sure the central midfield area will be reinforced too.

Why would you suggest just because theyre big money signings and big names their attitudes are crap?

I agree, but Austin IS a quality player, Okazaki IS a quality player, so is Huth, so is Fuchs, and i am sure the central midfield area will be reinforced too.

Why would you suggest just because theyre big money signings and big names their attitudes are crap?

Don't get me wrong. The players we have signed so far and Austin are good signings but none of them are really big names. They're an improvement for sure. I'm happy with that.

I just don't want to see us signing players that are too big for us, for huge money. we can market these players well but in terms of their performance on the pitch they may not have the same attitide because a lot will be here for the money. Bar Cambiasso I've never seen a big player come to a smaller club and excel. Some of these players will be assured to play week in week out, so they may subconsciously not try as hard. This is all hypothetical atm, but with the way the owners and the club is going it's likely this will be the case. 

james and king will be ok, cambiasso has personally rated those two as decent players he was honoured playing alongside.

King defenitly doesnt look out of place in the EPL and would likely be fine in a top 4 club as well.

Also I dont think we about to see such a overhaul in the space of one off season.

How can you call this "total negativity", when in fact a majority of fans on here are more or less worried how things are going to pan out over the summer and during the upcoming season? As it stands, we're a ship without a captain and in standstill.

You can be linked with as many "quality" players as you want to, but they need to make sense as signings in the context of building a competitive squad with a terrific sense of togetherness AND they need to make sense individually. Because being "quality" at one end doesn't automatically mean they're going to be "quality" at Leicester.

At the moment, we're not moving at all. As a consequence of the recent turmoil(s), the marketing department and the media department in particular have been eerily quiet in the past few weeks. There's a sense of dreadful anticipation.

Intending to improve the football club doesn't equal actually improving it. These owners know little to nothing about professional football, so in the end they're going to rely on the opinion of other people at the club again. And there's not that many left with in-depth knowledge of the Premier League.

It's a crime suggesting everything's going to be rosy when we're not yet knowing in which direction we'll be going, yes. That's what I'd call blind optimism. Your messages that are filled with hope would make more sense if we already had a new manager in charge and a full squad in place.

Archived