Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Manchester United 1-1 Leicester City : Vote Now

Guest ttfn

Schmeichel 8 - at one point caught a cross about 15 yards from his goal - don't think I've ever seen him even come for one more than 7 or 8 yards before.

Simpson 8 - good again, dealt with his balls up against Lingard well.

Morgan 8 - decent, good finish.

Huth 7 - silly sod

Fuchs 6 - not his best game.

Mahrez 6 - quiet.

Drinkwater 7 - deserved to go.

Kante 7 - again, not his best day but worked hard as usual.

Schlupp 7 - some good forward runs and worked very hard defensively.

Okazaki 5 - worked so hard but yesterday was one of those games where nothing stuck.

Ulloa 7 - one of those games where he looked equally dangerous and clumsy.

Subs:

Gray 6

Albrighton 6

Schmeichel - 8 (came to our aid a lot)

Simpson - 6 (at fault for their goal)

Morgan - 8 (monster as per usual. Good header)

Huth - 7 (Hair pulling aside, solid enough)

Fuchs - 7 (didn't do much wrong)

Riyad - 7 (flashes of brilliance)

Drinky - 7 (Deserved the red, had been solid)

Kante - 7 (Typical NG, not much came off though)

Schlupp - 7 (Tried and tried. Solid defensively)

Okazaki - 6 (Frustrating. Worked his socks off)

Ulloa - 6 (Not enough stuck to him today)

Kasper 8 Superb save in the first half . Kicking terrible

Simpson 6 No idea what he was doing for their goal, seemed to let it float over his head. Atoned fantastically for his mistake on the half way line

Huth 7 Some great clearances with his head, great blocks, big presence

Morgan 9 MOTM As above and more so. Fantastic for the goal- wanted it more than his marker, simple as that

Fuchs 7 Thought he did fine

Schlupp 5 Little bit unreliable, wish he had more of a football brain

Drinkwater 6 Battled well, shame he's now missing for Everton

Kante 6 Probably the quietest game I've seen him have this season

Mahrez 7 Deserved a pen and showed some lovely skill

Okasaki 5 He's a pest but nothing more. No goal threat at all again

Ulloa 6 Worked so hard but nothing seemed to stick

Next week I think Albrighton in for Schlupp and Ulloa deserves to start alongside Vardy.

Kasper 7 - Great save. Maybe a bit harsh but thought he should have saves their goal.

Simpson 7 - Struggled initially but got better as the game went on.

Huth 6 - I like his physical presence but he's been skating a thin line for weeks now.

Morgan 9 - Superb.

Fuchs 6 - Struggled against pace.

Mahrez 7 - Looked good on the ball but seriously, where was he for their goal? Should have tracked Martial.

Drinky 5 - Deserved the red but I thought was pretty poor before that. Wasteful in possession and bullied by Fellaini.

Kante 5 - See Drinky.

Schlupp 6 - Didnt impose himself on the game but to be fair, was moved all over the pitch to help out with their pace players.

Okazaki 4 - I dont think he made a particularly positive contribution at all.

Ulloa 6 - Did his best but should have done better with the three half chances he had.

Morgan 9 & MOTM Outstanding again...

Kasper 8. Some brilliant saves but woeful kicking.

Huth 7. Big & strong but might be in trouble...

Simpson & Fuchs 6. Both ok but not at their best.

Drinkwater 6. Looked a bit lost and could get a 2 game ban...

Kante 6. Bit like Drinky and not his usual self...

Mahrez 7. Flashes of brilliance but still looks tired.

Schlupp 4. Poor today, didn't track back....

Okazaki 4. Not his game playing that deep...

Ulloa 7. Huffed & puffed, held the ball well....

Subs.... Gray & Albrighton 6s King N/A...

Ranieri 8. Should have taken Schlupp off at HT.

Man Utd 8. Certainly up for this game....

Officials 8. Missed Rooneys pull on Gray and the Fellaini/Huth spat could have given both teams a penalty, got everything else correct and let the teams play.....

Up the City.....

7's for everyone except

Morgan 8 - got the goal and defended well throughout

Ulloa 6 - couldn't hit a barn door with his headers on goal.

Referee 2 - got all of the defining moments wrong.

So Okazaki did better than Ulloa yesterday then? 

A 10 to everyone on the pitch and on the bench, staff and the Don included and the 12th man in the tribunes.

At this stage of the year even Barca has dipped in form and showed fatigues; not yours boys.

Your boys have came back from OT with an excellent result.

10/10 everyone involved.

Schmeichel 7 - Some iffy distribution but a couple of nice saves as well.

Simpson 4 - Responsible for their goal, and lucky not to be responsible for a second after putting himself in a terrible position with his lazy pass. Did well to track down Lingard without getting sent off.

Huth 7 - The usual. Physical presence, slightly dirty.

Morgan 9 - Excellent

Fuchs 6 - Had trouble early on but seemed to settle in well after that.

Mahrez 7 - Unfortunate not to be given a pen

Drinkwater 3 - Deservedly sent off and very lucky not to concede a pen

Kante 7 - The usual. Broke up their rhythm.

Schlupp 7 - Nearly caught out De Gea which led to Mahrez's near penalty

Okazaki 5 - Love his work rate and attitude, but don't think he was very productive

Ulloa 4 - Way too much flopping about, fishing for fouls

Gave Claudio a rare low mark for this game - a 5. Think he was a fool not to pull Drinkwater off for King 10-15 minutes earlier. You could feel a second yellow coming and it meant we had to withdraw Mahrez, who was having a good game, and left us with our backs to the wall for the rest of the match. Other subs didn't do a great deal to change the game either.

Otherwise, a great performance from the boys under a shit-ton of pressure. MOTM has to be Kasper in hindsight, some massive saves that ultimately earned us the point.

So Okazaki did better than Ulloa yesterday then?

Standard Okazaki performance. Did his work well, didn't do anything particularly wrong. Ulloa wasn't terrible, just felt he should have done better with headers on goal on at least two occasions, and didn't offer much else besides. So in short, marginally yes.

Kasper 8 Superb save in the first half . Kicking terrible

Simpson 6 No idea what he was doing for their goal, seemed to let it float over his head. Atoned fantastically for his mistake on the half way line

Huth 7 Some great clearances with his head, great blocks, big presence

Morgan 9 MOTM As above and more so. Fantastic for the goal- wanted it more than his marker, simple as that

Fuchs 7 Thought he did fine

Schlupp 5 Little bit unreliable, wish he had more of a football brain

Drinkwater 6 Battled well, shame he's now missing for Everton

Kante 6 Probably the quietest game I've seen him have this season

Mahrez 7 Deserved a pen and showed some lovely skill

Okasaki 5 He's a pest but nothing more. No goal threat at all again

Ulloa 6 Worked so hard but nothing seemed to stick

Next week I think Albrighton in for Schlupp and Ulloa deserves to start alongside Vardy.

Agree with all that

Ranieri -8- Got it pretty much spot on. I might have tried Schlupp up front on his own in this match, just for his pace.

Kasper -8- One brilliant save and looked very confident throughout.

Simpson -7- Nearly cost us with lazy pass. Looked a bit nervous which was understandable.

Morgan -9-  MOTM. Great at the back and very strong to score. Very pleased for him.

Huth -8- Will be banned after the hair pull, but strong, tough, big, and dominant throughout.

Fuchs -7- Got caught out for the cross for their goal and looked uneasy for first 20 minutes. After that I thought he was excellent.

Drinkwater -8- I honestly thought he was unlucky to get sent off, but was silly for a tame shirt pull, which was less of an offence than many others.
Kante -8- Bit off his usual pace, but still worked hard and never stopped.
Mahrez -8- Thought he stepped up again in Vardy's absence. Did a lot of running back too.
Schlupp -6- Didn't work out for him today.

Okazaki -7- A usual game for him. Ran his socks off and tried hard throughout.
Ulloa -7- Thought he played well again, but messed up a good chance with poor control.

Subs....

Gray -6- Did OK.

Albrighton -6- Did nothing wrong.

King -6- Not really on long enough.

Manchester United -7- Played well, but constant moaning by Rooney at referee reminded me of Arsenal's players.

Officials -4- I thought they got a lot wrong and messed up big decisions. Rooney should have been sent off and Mahrez had a obvious penalty which he bottled out of giving. I thought Drinkwater's sending off was harsh. Yes it was a foul, but so soft against other shirt pulling going on by both teams throughout the match, plus that Huth/Fellaini incident which was missed by all officials. 

Not one of your best performances tbh, although I guess that is one of the main ingredients for a champion (getting points and playing badly).

Kasper was awesome.

Rooney was a moaning twat who should have been sent off (I fell out of love with Rooney years ago when he wanted to join City)

Not one of your best performances tbh, although I guess that is one of the main ingredients for a champion (getting points and playing badly).

Kasper was awesome.

Rooney was a moaning twat who should have been sent off (I fell out of love with Rooney years ago when he wanted to join City)

Agreed, we were like rabbits in headlights for the first 15 mins or so. Your boys gave us real problems with their direct style of play, getting people isolated and running at them with pace into our box. That's how I imagine other teams feeling when Mahrez runs at them! 

Archived