Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Billy Mckay- the return?

'Leicester will next month bid £300,000 for former striker Billy Mckay, now at Inverness. He hit a hat-trick in saturdays 4-4 draw at Dundee United'

-The Sun

It also says- Millwall will sign Leicesters teenage centre back Liam Moore next month.

Well that's obviously a load of shite!

Don't believe it for some reason. And no offence to McKay, but shouldn't we be looking at better players than that? I think so. Wouldn't want Moore to leave either, regardless of whether it is made up (which I think it is), or not.

Don't believe it for some reason. And no offence to McKay, but shouldn't we be looking at better players than that? I think so. Wouldn't want Moore to leave either, regardless of whether it is made up (which I think it is), or not.

16 goals in 18 spl games is a very good record. I'd say that the standard of the SPL is top end league 1 to bottom of the Championship. I do not see that he would struggle to get at least 10-15 a season in the championship with his current form.

Any link?

Moore rumour is surely rubbish, McKay no thanks.

Why did we let him go in the first place if he had the talent, we really need to get in players to make our team stronger and are capable of playing in the Premier League if we get promoted.

McKay doesn't fit that bracket.

16 goals in 18 spl games is a very good record. I'd say that the standard of the SPL is top end league 1 to bottom of the Championship. I do not see that he would struggle to get at least 10-15 a season in the championship with his current form.

Yeah, I'm not suggesting he wouldn't score. Of course, Gary Hooper managed to score a fair few at this level for Scunthorpe. On the other hand, you can talk about players like Mark De Vries. McKay might be a different player now, but his best return for Northampton Town, in League Two, was eight league goals.

I agree with kingfox above.

Any link?

Moore rumour is surely rubbish, McKay no thanks.

Why did we let him go in the first place if he had the talent, we really need to get in players to make our team stronger and are capable of playing in the Premier League if we get promoted.

McKay doesn't fit that bracket.

I used to watch Billy McKay play sometimes for the youths, along with Ash Chambo and the like.

He always looked just ok.. If anything, Ash looked better IMO.

Bizarre we'd get rid for nowt then re-sign?

I used to watch Billy McKay play sometimes for the youths, along with Ash Chambo and the like.

He always looked just ok.. If anything, Ash looked better IMO.

Bizarre we'd get rid for nowt then re-sign?

Exactly, just cause he is banging them in, in the SPL doesn't make him special. The league is shit, with shit strikers .

The likes of Scott Vernon, Rory Fallon, Paul Heffernan, Rowan Vine and Lewis Guy - these players would struggle to get into a League 2 side.

There is only one striker I would get from the SPL from a team apart from Celtic, and that would be Johnny Russell.

Billy McKay - scoring goals at Inverness means he won't do too well at Championship level. Look at Middlesbrough for an example, bringing SPL players in doesn't always work.

Moore rumour - i hope to God we wouldn't let him go, versatile can play at right or full back, ideal cover player and still only young. Don't believe a word of what the papers say anyway, 99% rubbish.

The league is shit, however we said the same about Jelavic, and he's got a decent return for Everton since signing.

But he played for Rangers though, most Rangers players from when Jelavic played for them have the class to play in the Premier League or Championship.

It's the other teams apart from Celtic, who have awful players and squads, I could only name about 5 players who could make our team better, from other clubs apart from Celtic, that's how shit the SPL is.

Archived