Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Billy Mckay- the return?

I said how good he was when I saw him earlier this season, in a couple of games in Scotland, and stated we should make an offer for him..

He is a quality player, and would be a great asset. He scored a hat trick last weekend, yet again.

Perhaps Mr.P. read what I said, and is taking my advice!

Any link?

Moore rumour is surely rubbish, McKay no thanks.

Why did we let him go in the first place if he had the talent, we really need to get in players to make our team stronger and are capable of playing in the Premier League if we get promoted.

McKay doesn't fit that bracket.

We (Pearson) let Gradel go - and I see he's rated at £10m+ (Liverpool were quoted as buying him from St Etienne) - and is currently one of the top scorers in the French Premier League !

We (Pearson) let Gradel go - and I see he's rated at £10m+ (Liverpool were quoted as buying him from St Etienne) - and is currently one of the top scorers in the French Premier League !

I honestly didn't think Gradel was all that when he played for us, I'm still not sure he's really that great even now. Plus, Liverpool paid a combined £65 million for Carroll, Downing and Henderson so how much they are prepared to spunk on a footballer is probably not a great barometer of how good a player really is.

Billy McKay always looked a good footballer when i watched him - capable of scoring goals, making goals, a selfless contributor, a varied and accurate passer and a hard worker. He just looked a bit frail but then so did Denis Law.

Presumably he's matured some and, while the Scottish Premier League is pretty naff from what little i've seen, McKay's strike-rate seems worthy of note whatever.

Whether he'd make it in the Championship I don't know but I do think he'd fit into our passing style better than Knockaert. Much as the Belgian??????????????? creates a bit of buzz he's hard to read and he loses the ball far too often and easily. For me our all-round play has suffered since he's been a regular.

McKay's the opposite. He does the simple things quickly and accurately. He's as easily capable of bringing the best out of others as he is of bagging goals himself. It's just whether he's tough enough - and whether our first team management are capable of getting the best out of him, assuming there's any substance to the reports of course.

£300k?!?!?!?! Eh tell yer chairman to feck aff!

Billy's potentially the best we've had.

Adam Rooney was fantastic for us went to Birmingham did ok but imo didnt get enough game time and now he's struggling at Swindon.

Craig dargo fecked aff to st mirren for some more wonga.

And Dennis wyness was released. Aswell as Marius niculae leaving for £300k to dinamo something or other.

These are probably our best strikers we've had lost them all eventually. But i rate billy better than all of them. And with a year and a half left on his contract id be wanting alot more than £300k and a lifetime supply of walkers crisps.

We're currently having the best season we've had in the spl were in the league cup semi final after beating "the rangers" (sevco) 3-0 at ibrox. Still I'm the Scottish cup after beating our biggest rivals Ross county in the 4th round in a replay. (Which billy scored 2 in one a penalty and one a great curling shot. Aswell as scoring a great volley in the first away tie. And we're within touching distance of Celtic.

So in the most polite way possible. Feck aff!

£300k?!?!?!?! Eh tell yer chairman to feck aff!

Billy's potentially the best we've had.

Adam Rooney was fantastic for us went to Birmingham did ok but imo didnt get enough game time and now he's struggling at Swindon.

Craig dargo fecked aff to st mirren for some more wonga.

And Dennis wyness was released. Aswell as Marius niculae leaving for £300k to dinamo something or other.

These are probably our best strikers we've had lost them all eventually. But i rate billy better than all of them. And with a year and a half left on his contract id be wanting alot more than £300k and a lifetime supply of walkers crisps.

We're currently having the best season we've had in the spl were in the league cup semi final after beating "the rangers" (sevco) 3-0 at ibrox. Still I'm the Scottish cup after beating our biggest rivals Ross county in the 4th round in a replay. (Which billy scored 2 in one a penalty and one a great curling shot. Aswell as scoring a great volley in the first away tie. And we're within touching distance of Celtic.

So in the most polite way possible. Feck aff!

You're welcome to him, not particularly keen on paying for an average SPL player who couldn't make it at the club the first time round.

You're welcome to him, not particularly keen on paying for an average SPL player who couldn't make it at the club the first time round.

Not exactly average considering he probably the best in the league right now with 10 goals in his last 6 but, I hope yer chairman/ manager has the same attitude.

P.s. stop bashing Scottish football when you know feck all about it. I could list 5 players at least from ict that would make it at your club. I mean sol bamba was a relative success at your club for a season or so ffs. He's one of the worst centre halfs I've seen in the spl. How he's an international il never know.

I mean sol bamba was a relative success at your club for a season or so ffs. He's one of the worst centre halfs I've seen in the spl. How he's an international il never know.

By no means am I bashing Scottish football here, but our defense improved by replacing Bamba with a player who'd spent his entire career at Championship level and below. Not exactly a shining example.

By no means am I bashing Scottish football here, but our defense improved by replacing Bamba with a player who'd spent his entire career at Championship level and below. Not exactly a shining example.

Hence why I said relative success and mentioned he's crap lol.

Not exactly average considering he probably the best in the league right now with 10 goals in his last 6 but, I hope yer chairman/ manager has the same attitude.

P.s. stop bashing Scottish football when you know feck all about it. I could list 5 players at least from ict that would make it at your club. I mean sol bamba was a relative success at your club for a season or so ffs. He's one of the worst centre halfs I've seen in the spl. How he's an international il never know.

I know plenty about Scottish football. We've had a history of buying players who have been great in the Scottish leagues and then been bloody awful down here. Don't kid yourself - the quality of the SPL is just not that good at all, it's nowhere near the quality of the Premier League, Celtic could probably play in the PL, apart from that there are a few other teams in the league who could cut it in the Championship, but the rest aren't up to much at all. The fact that the league has been dominated by two teams - and now one team - for so long just shows you that outside of Celtic and Rangers (before the meltdown) the rest of the Scottish teams aren't up to much. It's not an insult, it's just the way it is.

The fact that your best striker is a player who didn't make the grade at a Championship club academy says it all. If he'd been any good, we never would have let him go in the first place. Kris Boyd was the all-time leader in goals in the SPL when he signed for Middlesbrough and he couldn't cut it in the Championship, excuse me if I don't hold my breath over some lad who didn't make the grade in our academy and came to you on a free transfer from Northampton in League 2.

Right at te end of the day yous don't want him I don't want to lose him. butcher isn't likely to let him go for 300k anyway. Not a likely transfer imo.

Billy has some lower level premier league clubs. I can't see him leaving unless one of them come in for him.

Right at te end of the day yous don't want him I don't want to lose him. butcher isn't likely to let him go for 300k anyway. Not a likely transfer imo.

Billy has some lower level premier league clubs. I can't see him leaving unless one of them come in for him.

NEWSFLASH************

We are much bigger club than you - Fact

If we want a player most of the time we get them, as we have the funds.

We play in a more competitive league than you so surely that attract's him, also we have good prospects of getting into the Premier league sometime soon.

But I for one would not want to pay more than 300k for a No mark Striker!

Ok he has done ok for you guys, Buts lets be honest you aint Real Madrid and you dont play in La liga!

End of the day sounds like a high risk gamble to me, Could pay off but 9 times out of 10 it does not!

Keep your money in your pocket Topp, This guy will not improve us.

Close thread.

I love the SPL, cracking entertainment, and I've defended it on her against judgemental Englishmen.

But claiming half of Caley's team would get in ours and that Billy McKay is the best in the league does you no favours.

Nor does criticising our knowledge of Scottish football then making out Bombscare was anything other than a comedy folk hero here (as he was at Easter Road.)

Archived