Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Billy Mckay- the return?

Don't think he would be good enough but to all the people saying we got rid of him so he can't be good enough, that scenario happens often. Players sometimes need to go for good to help their development or a particular manager doesn't rate them. Look at Tom Ince; he's going back to Liverpool for £6mil a couple of years after being on their books so wouldn't rule Billy out on those grounds

I love the SPL, cracking entertainment, and I've defended it on her against judgemental Englishmen.

But claiming half of Caley's team would get in ours and that Billy McKay is the best in the league does you no favours.

Nor does criticising our knowledge of Scottish football then making out Bombscare was anything other than a comedy folk hero here (as he was at Easter Road.)

we currently have the best crop of players ive seen at ict.

andy shinnie, has got 9 goals for the season from playing in behind billy or ritchie foran or even both at times when terrys feeling adventurous and has been rewarded with his first scotland cap, and first of many i hope.

billys been on absolute fire, seriously watch his goals from this season, one in particular agaimnst ross county at victoria park was an absolute cracker. hes scoring headers and tap ins as you want your striker to do but hes popping up with fantastic goals now and again aswell, which shows the quality he has. and right now hes the man in form in the spl, no one can take away from him that hes scored 10 in his last 6. if you can find a player with better stats than that this season in the spl tell me then il retract my comment that hes currently the best in the league. ok hes not got the same ammount of quality as a jonny russell, or leigh griffiths but hes consistent unlike those 2, so i know who id rather have.

aaron doran, ex blackburn made his debut against liverpool (when they were good) at the end of the 08/09 season and went on to play 2 more games that season against man city and chelsea and he was held in great esteem by sam alladyce before suffering injuries and losing his way. since he signed for us firstly on loan in january 2011 hes been first class, he was injured almost all last season, unfortunatly but this season hes came into the team and has played every game and he has the most assists in the league, at the age of 21 aswell give him 1 or 2 years he'll be a quality player. he played against italy under 21s not so long ago for ireland and scored 2 goals (and ended the game as sweeper as ireland finished the game with 9 men).

josh meekings, signed as an 18 year old from ipswich, came into the team last year played at right back and was first class, i remember a game against hearts where he was up against david templeton. templeton didnt get an inch. hes moved into centre half this year and has been key to our success there next to gary warren. hes an absolute unit, but hes got bags of pace.

graeme shinnie, a fantastic young left back who has bundles of energy, 21 years old and hes held so highly by terry that hes made him vice captain. he came through our youth system and hasnt looked back since coming back from forres mechanics after a loan spell there.

dont under estimate the quality of these players just because they play in the spl, these are players that not so long ago beat celtic on their own patch, i expect all 5 of these players to play championship or higher, some of them have 4-5 years before they hit their peak. id erge anyone who gets the chance to, to come and watch these players. we're playing some fantastic football, the best ive seen ict play.

this seasons spls been the most competitive ive seen in a long time, celtic are only 2 bad games from being in second place or even lower 3rd or 4th. so its not all one way. i myself think celtic will pull away towards the end of the season simply because they have a huge squad, but neil lennon (PRI£k) seems quite naive so that could work against celtic. but when they get europe out the way imo its their league, but right now ict are the only other team in scotland with a ''realistic'' chance of the treble given we're in the league cup semi finals, last 16 of the scottish cup and 3rd in the league. : lol:

NEWSFLASH************

We are much bigger club than you - Fact

If we want a player most of the time we get them, as we have the funds.

We play in a more competitive league than you so surely that attract's him, also we have good prospects of getting into the Premier league sometime soon.

But I for one would not want to pay more than 300k for a No mark Striker!

Ok he has done ok for you guys, Buts lets be honest you aint Real Madrid and you dont play in La liga!

End of the day sounds like a high risk gamble to me, Could pay off but 9 times out of 10 it does not!

Keep your money in your pocket Topp, This guy will not improve us.

Close thread.

We aren't Real Madrid either. I have seen Cally twice this season, and I wouldn't rate our chances of beating them on their ground. On top of that Billy McKay has developed into a top quality player.

NEWSFLASH************

We are much bigger club than you - Fact

If we want a player most of the time we get them, as we have the funds.

We play in a more competitive league than you so surely that attract's him, also we have good prospects of getting into the Premier league sometime soon.

But I for one would not want to pay more than 300k for a No mark Striker!

Ok he has done ok for you guys, Buts lets be honest you aint Real Madrid and you dont play in La liga!

End of the day sounds like a high risk gamble to me, Could pay off but 9 times out of 10 it does not!

Keep your money in your pocket Topp, This guy will not improve us.

Close thread.

I hate to side with DT, but this is just a ridiculous post.

'If we want a player most of the time we get them' - That's nonsense (Maynard, CMS, Sharp, Jelavic (You know one of those crap players from that crap league))

'Ok he has done ok for you guys, Buts lets be honest you aint Real Madrid and you dont play in La liga!' :facepalm:

'Keep your money in your pocket Topp, This guy will not improve us.' - Should we not let Pearson and Walsh decide that, especially since you're basing it on the League having probably never seen the player regularly.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/8355383/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sky Sports understands Leicester and Nottingham Forest are tracking Inverness goalscoring sensation Billy McKay

McKay has been a revelation at Inverness since arriving on a free transfer from Northamptonspacer.gif in the summer.

The 24-year-old netted his 17th and 18th goals of the season in Saturday's 4-1 win over Dundee, to make it 12 goals in his last seven games.

McKay's performances have attracted interest from a number of clubs south of the border and Leicesterspacer.gif and Forest are both thought to have watched the Northern Irelandspacer.gif international in action on Saturday.

Leicester and Forest are both thought to be in the market for striking reinforcements in January and they could test Inverness' resolve to hang onto their star striker.

He does seem to be on a rich vein of form atm but this is the SPL and he hasn't scored at championship level only in league 2 and he wasn't prolific their but who would he replace in the striker department if we signed him Futacs perhaps? or even Vardy who probably needs a loan spell away imo.

I hate to side with DT, but this is just a ridiculous post.

'If we want a player most of the time we get them' - That's nonsense (Maynard, CMS, Sharp, Jelavic (You know one of those crap players from that crap league))

'Ok he has done ok for you guys, Buts lets be honest you aint Real Madrid and you dont play in La liga!' :facepalm:

'Keep your money in your pocket Topp, This guy will not improve us.' - Should we not let Pearson and Walsh decide that, especially since you're basing it on the League having probably never seen the player regularly.

Read the post!!

Most of the time I say we get what we want Transfer wise,

Nugent

Schmeichel

Danns

Vardy

Whitbread

Knocky

St Ledger

Mills

De laet

Drinkwater

Should I continue,

The players we have wanted and have actually bought, easily out weighs the players we could not get.

Happy Xmas

Read the post!!

Nugent

Schmeichel

Danns

Vardy

Whitbread

Knocky

St Ledger

Mills

De laet

Drinkwater

Should I continue,

The players we have wanted and have actually bought, easily out weighs the players we could not get.

Happy Xmas

I don't think anyone's disputing that, just taking issue with your complete arrogance.

I don't think anyone's disputing that, just taking issue with your complete arrogance.

No arrogance here, Just the truth I speak, No beating around the bush approach from me!

I truly think if we sign his guy, he will not make any difference to our current squad, For me it will be a another Vardy!

300k plus for a unknown striker is a ridiculous price for a player who plays in a poor league in Scotland

We need to sign a quality proven Lower Prem or Championship striker.

I like all of you want to see Leicester City do well this season but without the cutting edge up front we will lose more games the same way as we did to Cardiff, Gotta take the chance while you have them.

Bellamy was the class act for them on the Night, Simples

No arrogance here, Just the truth I speak, No beating around the bush approach from me!

I truly think if we sign his guy, he will not make any difference to our current squad, For me it will be a another Vardy!

300k plus for a unknown striker is a ridiculous price for a player who plays in a poor league in Scotland

We need to sign a quality proven Lower Prem or Championship striker.

I like all of you want to see Leicester City do well this season but without the cutting edge up front we will lose more games the same way as we did to Cardiff, Gotta take the chance while you have them.

Bellamy was the class act for them on the Night, Simples

He's hardly unknown to leicester.......... think we should know a bit about him. Sometimes you have to let playere leave and get regular football for them to develop.

Look at ince he's about to be a big expense for liverpool.

Agree with you there with certain players you are right,

But Ince has proven himself week in week out in a very competitive league that is the Championship,

Cant really say the same about Mckay.

I do not think Nigel will sign this guy anyway, his job hangs in the balance, got a feeling if this guy came and flopped it would be curtains!

Wood must be in his sights I guess.

Agree with you there with certain players you are right,

But Ince has proven himself week in week out in a very competitive league that is the Championship,

Cant really say the same about Mckay.

I do not think Nigel will sign this guy anyway, his job hangs in the balance, got a feeling if this guy came and flopped it would be curtains!

Wood must be in his sights I guess.

Has it occurred to you we may be after 2 strikers

Danny Graham/Chris Wood

Billy McKay

Futac should be given a chance first in my opinion.

Just like Vardy has been,

Well he won't, so end of story.

Regarding Billy McKay, why did we let him go in the first place?

It's a bit like Liverpool wanting Tom Ince back, but us wanting McKay will cost a lot less money, but still, can't we do better.

Don't we need strikers who will actually cut it in the Premier League if we get promoted.

Read the post!!

Nugent

Schmeichel

Danns

Vardy

Whitbread

Knocky

St Ledger

Mills

De laet

Drinkwater

Should I continue,

Happy Xmas

How can you say that, you don't have a clue who we've wanted and have no way of knowing. All of those players may have been signed because the players we wanted wouldn't come for whatever reason. Unless you have some inside information, you're just talking out your arse.

Don't we need strikers who will actually cut it in the Premier League if we get promoted.

And how do you suggest we do that? If we sign a striker from a prem club they obviously feel he's not good enough for them, in the prem. and the strikers destroying the championship ie; Austin, Zaha and Murray etc will cost far too much and are being touted by prem clubs. It's hard to find a player that's in between those. I think looking abroad is our best bet. Vaclav Kadlec would be my choice, maybe a bit unrealistic.

Merry Xmas btw

McKay was an excellent young prospect when he was here, reminding me more than any other player I've seen, of an emerging Denis Law.

He could score goals, make goals, he passed the ball simply or with imagination and he worked his socks off - not once or twice but every time he went out on the pitch.

I'd imagine he's now developed the one thing he was lacking apart from raw pace - and that is strength. Whether out management would get the best out of him I don't know but I do have serious doubts.

We don't get the best from Vardy, Waghorn, Futcacs, Knockaert or King and we've not got the best from our ex-Academy lads Schlupp or Gradel. That's far too many failures for my liking - enough failures for a career never mind a season or two.

And would McKay be advised to come here? As so often we failed to put the final finish on his education and he was farmed out to Northampton where, to his great credit, he refused to disappear into the abyss of nearly-made-it footballers.

The last thing he needs now is to come here and get rejected again.

"Never go back," is a sound philosophy and one I'd remember if I were him.

Much as I'd approve his return in theory i don't think we'd be his best choice.

Archived