Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Billy Mckay- the return?

Look at Middlesbrough for an example, bringing SPL players in doesn't always work.

Doesn't Scott McDonald have a 1 in 3 record at 'Boro? Top scorer for them this season isn't he? They loved Barry Robson (midfielder) there in all, player of the season in two of his three seasons at the club.

Doesn't Scott McDonald have a 1 in 3 record at 'Boro? Top scorer for them this season isn't he? They loved Barry Robson (midfielder) there in all, player of the season in two of his three seasons at the club.

One of them had to turn out to be good lol

Erm, Leigh Griffiths?

Arguably the best striker in that league this season, bigger talent than Russell by a distance.

But he is on loan from Wolves though, if he was that good i'm sure Wolves would want him back, especially as they are struggling this season.

But he played for Rangers though, most Rangers players from when Jelavic played for them have the class to play in the Premier League or Championship.

It's the other teams apart from Celtic, who have awful players and squads, I could only name about 5 players who could make our team better, from other clubs apart from Celtic, that's how shit the SPL is.

Indeed, I'm just saying though, our fans write off everyone from this league, even when they turn out to be a good premiership player.

struggling to remember who billy mckay is/was

Had a terrific scoring record at both youth and reserve level,

made 1 first team squad under Holloway at Blackpool I think, but never

made a first team appearance. Well regarded by NP evidently

Personally I hope this happens, as I used to get some free tickets off

his dad.

Steven Fletcher started at Hibs, so did Kenny Miller and Steven Whittaker, Christophe Berra is a Jambo, Stevie Naismith is from Killy, Craig Gordon's another from Hearts.

Gary Caldwell was a Hibee, Don Cowie was at Ross and Cally before coming south, James McArthur and James McCarthy were from lowly Hamilton Accies and allegedly even had Barca watching them before they went to Wigan.

Scott Brown Hibee, Graham Dorrans from Livi and they're proper shit despite also giving Leeds Snoddy. Barry Robson Cally, Ross McCormack Motherwell and David Goodwillie was tidy at Dundee.

Suffice to say, you don't have to start life at a massive team to be a good player and the best of Scotland's players often don't start life at the Old Firm anyway. Celtic mostly just rob off Hibs to be honest.

Suggesting it's only worth signing from north of the border if they play for the Bhoys or were at the Gers is just retarded.

Suggesting it's only worth signing from north of the border if they play for the Bhoys or were at the Gers is just retarded.

The SPL has produced some good players in the past that list shows that, but right this minute, I would only take about five, oh whom may improve the team.

Johnny Russell, Gary Mackay-Steven, Danny Grainger and Andrew Driver.

Must be a strange kind of person who watches the SPL religiously enough to know all about every player in the league, yet still thinks practically the entire league is shit and only Celtic have any good players. Why put yourself through it? Oh wait, you don't...

Probably the same kind of person who thinks most of our players are shite and yet moans that we are only 5th with those players.

PS - the "he must be crap, else why would we release him" brigade are almost as bad, as if all managers have a list of potential abilities like it's a computer game.

The SPL has produced some good players in the past that list shows that, but right this minute, I would only take about five, oh whom may improve the team.

Johnny Russell, Gary Mackay-Steven, Danny Grainger and Andrew Driver.

Every player I listed was a relative unknown before someone down here took a gamble on how'd they'd perform in England. You might not know who the current teenage successor to Kenny Miller or Steven Fletcher is but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

This is actually one of the most competitive SPL seasons in decades and the lack of Rangers has brought out the best in a few sides.

Suffice to say, kingfox, given your knowledge of football is as generally embarrassing as your grasp of pretty much anything else it's not a surprise a few googled names are all you can come up with for SPL signing suggestions but if there's ever any truth in our links to players from up north then don't be alarmed if I trust the judgment of our professional scouting network over some socially awkward child trawling the football manager or FIFA games - or wherever you pick up your ridiculous judgments from - in a bid to look informed.

Suffice to say, kingfox, given your knowledge of football is as generally embarrassing as your grasp of pretty much anything else it's not a surprise a few googled names are all you can come up with for SPL signing suggestions but if there's ever any truth in our links to players from up north then don't be alarmed if I trust the judgment of our professional scouting network over some socially awkward child trawling the football manager or FIFA games - or wherever you pick up your ridiculous judgments from - in a bid to look informed.

I don't need to surface google, to name those four players.

I have good knowledge of football, if you don't think that, that's fine.

And what do you mean from ridiculous judgments please elaborate...

Because if it's anything about the SPL, read my comments properly, I am not writing every player off from all teams apart from Celtic, of course I would take quite a few players from Celtic, but the names I have mentioned I know, and didn't just trawl google or wikipedia and get random players names.

The SPL has there good players, then they have there crap players who wouldn't make it into a League 2 side, like Rowan Vine, like Scott Vernon.

Every player I listed was a relative unknown before someone down here took a gamble on how'd they'd perform in England. You might not know who the current teenage successor to Kenny Miller or Steven Fletcher is but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

This is actually one of the most competitive SPL seasons in decades and the lack of Rangers has brought out the best in a few sides.

kingfox= slammed! lol

I eagerly await his banter filled reply

I don't need to surface google, to name those four players.

I have good knowledge of football, if you don't think that, that's fine.

And what do you mean from ridiculous judgments please elaborate...

Because if it's anything about the SPL, read my comments properly, I am not writing every player off from all teams apart from Celtic, of course I would take quite a few players from Celtic, but the names I have mentioned I know, and didn't just trawl google or wikipedia and get random players names.

The SPL has there good players, then they have there crap players who wouldn't make it into a League 2 side, like Rowan Vine, like Scott Vernon.

well that was an anti climax! No rep points for you!

Billy McKay always looked a good footballer when i watched him - capable of scoring goals, making goals, a selfless contributor, a varied and accurate passer and a hard worker. He just looked a bit frail but then so did Denis Law.

Presumably he's matured some and, while the Scottish Premier League is pretty naff from what little i've seen, McKay's strike-rate seems worthy of note whatever.

Whether he'd make it in the Championship I don't know but I do think he'd fit into our passing style better than Knockaert. Much as the Belgian creates a bit of buzz he's hard to read and he loses the ball far too often and easily. For me our all-round play has suffered since he's been a regular.

McKay's the opposite. He does the simple things quickly and accurately. He's as easily capable of bringing the best out of others as he is of bagging goals himself. It's just whether he's tough enough - and whether our first team management are capable of getting the best out of him, assuming there's any substance to the reports of course.

kingfox= slammed! lol

I eagerly await his banter filled reply

I have been slammed before, I'm fine with it, not going to cry about it.

well that was an anti climax! No rep points for you!

Serious reply that was, no banter for me tonight.

Archived