Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Are we guilty of trying to change too much?

One thing that worried me about Pearson when we had that horrendous run a couple of seasons back, was his continued insistence on fielding Harry Kane AND then playing him out wide.

Week after week we saw young Kane in a City shirt playing like a donkey. Rumours abound, at the time, that Pearson HAD to play him, as part of his loan agreement?

It backfired big time, as we know.

Now, and shoot me down if you so wish, some of my concern about signing Cambiasso (hugely ridiculed on here) was along the same lines.. will Nige feel compelled to play such a big name even if he isn't that good anymore OR he doesn't fit into our style of play? Is Cambi 'droppable' and what may be the implications? I don't know, I'm just surmising but what I do think is that we look a more mobile unit when Andy King plays. Andy King is not all the answers to our recent dip in form..hes simply not that good, but I do think we look better when he is in the side. I'd hate to think Pearson feels he must play Cambiasso because of his reputation. Anyway, just a thought.

Well, looking through most of today's papers. he appeared to be our stand out  player on Saturday. 

He doesn't appear to be deserving of dropping. I wont shoot you down in flames Col.  lol, but I just believe we cannot afford to not have him in the side.

I think since the untied victory the players have got a little complacent.

I don't think it has much to do with the changes, the changes have only been positive ones. (Apart from leaving Vardy out against Newcastle and sticking him outwide most of the time)

I think we need to stick to 442 with Vardy up top and cambiasso and Drinkwater or James in the middle then we will be more equipped going forward. Vardys wasted out wide, I keep thinking of his goals and he is so good running through the middle, wasted out wide!

Cambiasso seems to link up pretty well with Drinkwater and that could be a decent partnership when Drinkwater returns to form!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now, and shoot me down if you so wish, some of my concern about signing Cambiasso (hugely ridiculed on here) was along the same lines.. will Nige feel compelled to play such a big name even if he isn't that good anymore?

I think we already know the answer to that: no. He dropped him against Burnley.

How many more times? He failed a late fitness test against Burnley...

and the other two games he hasn't started since he came? he's been available for 6 games and started 3. UNDROPPABLE MUST BE PLAYED BECAUSE OF HIS NAME HSHAKAJDELXKPZHEB

interestingly in the 4 games he's played in he got motm vs Stoke, was good and scored vs United (came third on the match ratings with an impressive 8.59/10) and got motm at palace (all based on fan votes in the polls on here). why on earth WOULD pearson drop him other than the fact you clearly don't like him?

How many more times? He failed a late fitness test against Burnley...

What do you mean how many more times? Don't act as if it's common knowledge.

There's not a lot to suggest Pearson consideres him undroppable anyway. He played badly at Palace and got picked again at Newcastle, there's nothing particularly amiss about that decision.

and the other two games he hasn't started since he came? he's been available for 6 games and started 3. UNDROPPABLE MUST BE PLAYED BECAUSE OF HIS NAME HSHAKAJDELXKPZHEB

interestingly in the 4 games he's played in he got motm vs Stoke, was good and scored vs United (came third on the match ratings with an impressive 8.59/10) and got motm at palace (all based on fan votes in the polls on here). why on earth WOULD pearson drop him other than the fact you clearly don't like him?

Think there's some truth in this.

Col, you seem to have had it in for Cambiasso ever since the rumour about him coming here started. "Where's Cambiasso's customary 7?" I think you said - how can there be a 'customary match rating' when he's only played four games?

Sat here doped up in pain after having an op on my hand not sure if I am reading this right.

All the complaints seem to be midfield going forward.

We have kept I think one clean sheet (head is not really clear) have any of you read Cloughies book praps you should.

As with a lot of sides that go up we hit the ground running but we are now being found out.

They will spend time working out how to stop us and gamble they will score.

If we don't concede we can't loose we would also have 3pts more.

Going forward is not the main problem keeping a clean sheet is.

The back four and defensive side of midfield is what needs sorting first.

We are not going to score 2 or 3 every week like last season but a clean sheet will give us at least a point.

I'd say we are probably trying to change too much. We've got to remember that even though we have a fairly similar squad to last year that they do have to adjust to the Premier League. Our run of fixtures at the start of the season has been both a negative and a positive. A positive obviously because we did so well against some very good sides. A negative because it probably made some of the fans and the players think we are well ahead of where we actually are at the moment in our development.

I'm confident we can stay up, it's early days yet. Just as we shouldn't get carried away with early results vs. Everton, Arsenal, Utd and Stoke, we should also remain balanced about some of the poor performances we have put in. We aren't a ready-made Premier League team but we've also got a hell of a lot of scope for improvement. We've got to remember it's going to be a tough old season. Looking at league tables from the last few years there has been around 7 or 8 points between 13th and 18th. That means for the majority, if not all, the season there is going to be the worry that we might go down. In reality there is very little between pretty much all the teams that finish in the bottom half of the table. We will need our fair share of luck and we will need to defend a hell of a lot better than we have done recently.

If we are in the bottom 3 come Christmas time, after we've had the chance to play nearly everyone and had the chance to settle in to the league, then I think we can start to worry. Until then I'm going to just enjoy the ride.

What do you mean how many more times? Don't act as if it's common knowledge.

There's not a lot to suggest Pearson consideres him undroppable anyway. He played badly at Palace and got picked again at Newcastle, there's nothing particularly amiss about that decision.

Think there's some truth in this.

Col, you seem to have had it in for Cambiasso ever since the rumour about him coming here started. "Where's Cambiasso's customary 7?" I think you said - how can there be a 'customary match rating' when he's only played four games?

You try to make out I have it in for a player if it makes you feel better. I'm used to such nonsense and was over the summer. Unlike many, I didn't want to claim he would be a super signing for City until I actually saw him play. I have seen him play and am yet to be convinced. He seems a good guy, his attitude is good. It also seems like the opposition can ghost past him far too easily.

But you make out that I have some sort of vendetta if it makes you feel better. At a time when there are threads open ridiculing Jeff Schlupp.. Not criticising but some frankly taking the piss out of the boy, I think I'm being very conservative.

I remain to be as convinced as to Cambiasso's contribution to our cause as some are and have some have been even since he was linked with us. But I'm used to it..the same happened with Beckford.

Finally, regarding Cambi's scores, I beleive somebody gave him an 8 against Newcastle..which basically bolsters my point. If any of our side deserved an 8 on Saturday, Balotelli is Liverpool's best ever signing..

You try to make out I have it in for a player if it makes you feel better. I'm used to such nonsense and was over the summer. Unlike many, I didn't want to claim he would be a super signing for City until I actually saw him play. I have seen him play and am yet to be convinced. He seems a good guy, his attitude is good. It also seems like the opposition can ghost past him far too easily.

But you make out that I have some sort of vendetta if it makes you feel better. At a time when there are threads open ridiculing Jeff Schlupp.. Not criticising but some frankly taking the piss out of the boy, I think I'm being very conservative.

I remain to be as convinced as to Cambiasso's contribution to our cause as some are and have some have been even since he was linked with us. But I'm used to it..the same happened with Beckford.

You seem to have been fairly eager to criticise. This isn't about me trying to 'make out' that you aren't keen on him. It's an impression I've got from reading your posts. Now maybe I've got it wrong but I can tell you I'm not making anything up deliberately.

My own view is that he's still a good player but probably not someone who should be starting every week.

Teams like Leicester at this level need to be flexible, especially in midfield & up front. 

Some games two central midfielders will be best, some games three will be best all depending on who we play & how themselves set up. Fans need to look at the bigger picture, Cambiasso isn't all that nowadays & in some games rightfully so, he doesn't deserve to be a certain starter. Maybe he will work best in a three, but you can't afford to play a midfield three against teams who play with wingers, because all the dangers will come from out wide & not through the middle, regardless of who we play in central midfield. Personally I wouldn't even start Cambiasso, only in games when three in midfield is the best option, and in the last two away games that has proved not to be the best option. King & Hammond seemed to work well together, but of course because we have Cambiasso, Drinkwater & James, fans think those two shouldn't start; however they've proved to be the best partnership so far this season. James & Drinkwater play well together as do James & King, we could well go with any of those three options.

Up front, some games it will be better to play Ulloa with Vardy, some games it will be better to play Ulloa with Nugent preferably playing behind, something which has worked this season, so why not try it again & go back to it?

We have options, on paper we might have our strongest 11, but our strongest 11 might not necessarily be the right thing to play week in week out.   

Vardy should never be left out of this team. The midfield and defense v newcastle is my first choice for an away game. Drop one midfielder for a winger for home games. 9 out of the team v newcastle would be my first choice. Add Vardy, Nugent or Mahrez.  We need to go for these lower prem  teams, vastly overated. Attack and press like last season!

i will get shot down for this but i believe signing ulloa was a mistake, last season we attacked from the front vardy and nugent pressing, which gave our midfield more time to take their positions, and in turn our back four more security, also nugent and vardy developed a good understanding.

i do not care if ulloa scores twenty goals this season i believe the team will suffer, he is a good header of a football but playing wingers wioll not work for the foxes.

i know the premier is superior to the championship, but we could do better, would try simpson at right back and move de laat rightside of midfield, so we would not be exploited right side of defense, think schlupp is a liability, high energy and teamwork can work miracles, this is my first post, i have been supporting the foxes for three

years so i have not got the heritage, but i love the diversity of opinion on theese forums, also think de laat and nugent are the most under rated players on the planet..

im waiting to get roasted.

i will get shot down for this but i believe signing ulloa was a mistake... <snip>

i do not care if ulloa scores twenty goals this season i believe the team will suffer... <snip>

i have been supporting the foxes for three years... <snip>

im waiting to get roasted.

u wot m8?  :blink:  

#DNFTT

Team selection was wrong on Saturday, I am at a loss as to leaving vardy out, he is by far our biggest threat, schlupp was woeful at best, cambiasso was a passenger.Newcastle were there for the taking of we hadn't played so poorly. Quite agree we are trying to accommodate too many players, the team imo picks itself, aside from ulloa/nugent. Stability is the key.

Yeah you're right sort of.

It’s all about getting the right combination of players who complement each other.

If we want to just play one up front then Pearson needs to choose 3 midfielders who will complement the strengths of the lone striker.

If we play James/Drinky/Cambiasso in Midfield then there’s going to be a big gap between midfield and up front.  Vardy’s game is ‘on the shoulder’ of the last defender. So you can just sling a ball over the top for him to chase on to, and the gap doesn’t matter too much.

However, Ulloa’s main game is with his back to goal. So, if you play Ulloa up front on his own then you need a midfielder like King or Nugent who will get forward and support him. He can win the ball and play it off to them.

Pearson just got it wrong on Saturday.   I’m beginning to think that Pearson really doesn’t understand how midfield works. He spent ages trying to get King and Drinkwater to play in a midfield two, even though neither of them was that good defensively.

Even back to the days when he used to start Matt Oakley right mid.

Drinkwater and James were falling over each other against Newcastle. 4-5-1 didn't work. Go back to basics with 4-4-2. A pairing of Cambiasso and Drinkwater could work well, with Cambiasso playing a holding role. Cambiasso's closing down and vision is very good. When Newcastle had a free kick, it came back out of the box and everyone was flat footed except Cambiasso who rushed the player so he didn't have time for a shot. I've not seen our players do that for a long time. Drinkwater can press forward and link to a Ulloa and Vardy partnership. Ulloa in the box ready to head or poach a goal, with Vardy dragging the defence all over the place.

I said it over the summer, I am concerned with a lack of pace on the wings. I think you can have Knocky or Mahrez, but not both, and while Schlupp has shown some impressive skill, he is too inconsistent. I like Albrighton's precision when he took the free kick. I think we are missing that skill, so he could do a good job. Does he have pace to get into crossing positions though?

The defence is a huge question mark, but they seem to be the first on the team sheet. I've not seen Simpson, but Upson might be able to do a job. Liam is a good player but is lacking composure. Perhaps he has been told to push up too much? Probably the result of playing a 4-5-1 they feel they have sufficient cover at the back so he can push up. I'd like to see us play a strict 4-4-2, with RDL/Simpson and Konch not pushing up too far, to make sure that the defence isn't stretched too much. That doesn't mean we wouldn't be attacking, especially if we have pace, flair and quality on the wings. Why Simpson if I haven't seen him play... I think RDL looks a bit suspect, but maybe it is because he is attacking too much. Also, it would be good to see Was have ago if the opposition has slower strikers, especially if we need to see games out.

And Kasper... well time for Hamer to have a turn if you ask me.

My team:

Kasper

RDL/Simpson

Moore

Morgan

Konch

Albrighton

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa