Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Fantastic support again

I was in the United end after getting a box invitation for me and some mates

Two things

1 we played crap on the field but the leicester support in the away end was amazing to watch , don't often get the chance to watch our fans and many United fans will be rooting for leicester to stay up as they said it was a fantastic noise and support from a team at the bottom of league , the "were the left side ....were the right side..." Got many little claps off the people from Basingstoke Luton and Hong Kong that following man united lol lol lol

2, there were loads of leicester fans in the home end many of us jumped up when we scored and it was very nice to see how that didn't raise a complaint from Those in red , was very sporting, no issues with supporting your team which was pleasant

We are now I feel one of 4 or 5 teams battling for one position to stay up , we look up against it , but that's ok we are LCFC and that's usual we can handle pressure , luck, Luck is key now , 3pts separate the 4 teams at present , goal difference ain't to bad , so we have a chance , we are the outsiders at present but a few results can change things

I hear there were a few Inhouse fan issues in the home end but I suspect that was not footballing related just over grown kids missing THIER burberry baseball caps

Referring to point one. I met a family of cockneys who said to me " oh your here supporting Leicester are you , how wonderful". Behind them was a local couple who talking about the game and how we'll be ok. They even got of the bus early to show us the way to our hotel. Says it all really.

Referring to point one. I met a family of cockneys who said to me " oh your here supporting Leicester are you , how wonderful". Behind them was a local couple who talking about the game and how we'll be ok. They even got of the bus early to show us the way to our hotel. Says it all really.

Yea defo does

Sorry but I thought our vocal support was so poor. I was about halfway down block E231 and behind me at the back to my right was Maybes group constantly singing, ourselves, and a group way off to the left. Poor poor effort.

I was the row behind you, you and your two mates and our five tried to sing no others around us would!

I always feel games like that attract people that are here for a one-off game. Not that I'm criticizing that, before anybody starts with the whole loyal support thing, but I was stood around an area where not many people were singing. Compared to West Ham, for example, where everybody around me seemed to sing.

The support was decent considering the result and performance but one chant did confuse me "where were u when we were s****" I do agree there is quite a few fans that have jumped on the bandwagon since leicester got promoted but I don't think it's right for supporters to have ago at there fellow fans.

Comes down to the fact you should have unreserved seating if you want to sing you go to the back, if you don't you sit at the front. I mean what's the point in you having a seat if 75% of us stand up anyway. Lets face it proper standing areas won't come back.

To those of you not liking the "one off fans"

I'm a 17 year old leicester lad who lives in London who's father and grandparents aren't big football fans. I probably get to 3-5 games and admittedly usually the exciting games.

This however doesn't make me any less of a leicester fan than anyone else, I'll always follow the blues and think its rather odd people are upset about having a full attendance every week because not every fan is a "constant attendee".

It's times like this where I wish we had fans like Dynamo Dresden, whose Ultras wait outside their away turnstiles and beat up anyone who doesn't have a Dresden accent.

N.B. That's not what I actually think. Would be fully in favour of anyone sporting a half-half scarf having it wrapped so tightly round their neck that their face turns first one shade of the damn thing, before turning the other permanently though.

To those of you not liking the "one off fans"

I'm a 17 year old leicester lad who lives in London who's father and grandparents aren't big football fans. I probably get to 3-5 games and admittedly usually the exciting games.

This however doesn't make me any less of a leicester fan than anyone else, I'll always follow the blues and think its rather odd people are upset about having a full attendance every week because not every fan is a "constant attendee".

woah, I'll stop you right there. I've done about 3 away games this season. This has nothing to do with frequency of visits or where you're from. More to do with what you do when you get there

I don't want to get all superior or whatever, but I'd rather have a 2/3 empty away end with the 1/3 being made up of people like Maybes, Ash and Voll Blau than I would a full end like yesterday

Ta mate. Give yourself top priority for this new scheme too.

Archived